Logan's Run: Dude on Roller Skates!?

yo
get the fuck outa here…i swear you stalking me.
i came up with that same shit, except i dont use tron.
i use magneto…

Great minds think alike.

this is my cute combo on tron/amingo/ironman:
my team is wolvie/magnest/thanos.
jump in hp, dash, lp, d.lk, d.mp, d.hk, switch to magneto, hk(1hit), switch to wolvie, d.lk(otg), d.mp, hk, call thanos, sj.lp, sj.lk, sj.d.hk, opponent lands in bubble, sj.d/f.drillclaw, land, dash in, lp, d.lk, d.hk, switch to magneto, hk(1hit), switch to wolvie, walk backwards, then hk, sj.lp, sj.lk, sj.mp, sj.lp, sj.lk, u/f drillclaw.

explanation:
after the d.hk with wolvie, immediately switch to magneto.
magneto’s hk launcher is 2 hits, so as the opponent falls press hk and cancel the first hit with wolvie’s switch in.
after you otg with d.lk, d.mp, hk…be sure to press hk and thanos’s assist at the same time.
superjump with lp, lk, d.hk(dive kick) which knocks them into the bubble.
quickly do a down, foward drill claw, which isnt supposed to hit, but make you land faster(and look cute too).
dash in and repeat the switches between wolvie and magneto, then walk backwards to relaunch with wolvie because the opponent will be coming at your head.
which is kinda hard for wolvie.

That’s a cool combo. I like Wolvie/Thanos a lot.

This is an unrelated trick for a Guard Break Mixup relating to Drill Claw:

Kill or snap-out a character, then whiff a normal, dash back and forth, stand still, anything to get them to anticipate a sneaky guard break. Just before they come on screen jump up xx DC away. They’ll come on from the OTHER side of the screen, you’ll drop and land behind them, combo.

You can also do a wall jump to achieve the same effect.

Try…
Magneto, Boneclaw, Cyclops

Storm, Bone, Cyclops,

Wolvie, Sentinel, Boneclaws.

Why Bone? Boneclaws variety is the only low hitting assist in the game. If hit high and low simultaneously, BOTH hits land. With proper timing, they have no choice if you get close except to roll if you attack them.

non-Tron Tag Infinite developments

So far the tag infinite is confirmed to work in the corner on Storm/Magneto/Doom/Psy/Spiral/Tron+. It seems to work on most small-medium sized, light-heavy weight characters, while it will miss on large and heavy characters. The main characters that it misses on (as far as I can tell) are Sentinel and Cable. Sentinel is so heavy that he doesn’t get popped high enough and lands too quickly, while Cable’s sprite and the d+FP just don’t line up.

IMO this is what makes low tier low-- the fact that higher level stuff with the bums gets incredibly character-specific, so you have to be rotating around a series of setups in your head at any given time.

So far I only have one decent setup to utilize the corner Tag Infinite, confirmed with Magnus only:

Speed up LP, c.MP, slight delay, d+HP xx Tag Tron, infinite

In theory this lets you carry them to the corner with the speed up infinite from any hit with at least ~25% left on the speed timer, where you can link into the tag infinite, which doesn’t require any more meter.

The main difficulty is in linking a d+HP that carries you through to the cross-up side. With Tron its easy because her hitbox extends lower and deeper than normal, but with others its approaching a just-frame window. However, if this can be adapted to most or all of the characters who can be infinite’d in the corner, then speed-up Wolvie essentially becomes a 1-hit kill character-- provided he can get a hit with at least a small chunk of speed meter left. It takes approximately 25% bar to do 6 reps or about 18 hits, which takes you across maybe 1/6 of the screen. I’m estimating that the maximum number of hits you can get for one bar is right around 60, so you can probably drive them into the far corner from about 25% past midscreen, if you hit with 75% of your meter left, otherwise it’d be better to try a reset into infinite towards the near corner. Also, once you make it to the corner, and switch over to the tag infinite, the tag hits don’t factor into the dizzy counter at all, and the Heavy hits will only add 1 point each at a rate slow enough to probably reset the timer anyway. Basically just a bunch of numbers to reiterate that while it’s not free, it’s still a chance for a dead character off a speed-up hit in most situations.

Speed Up Shenanigans

[media=youtube]YZjXeDtrfio[/media]

Wolvie has a limited double-action setup for the corner. I’ll finish the post later, i just closed the window and dont wanna do it again right now :expressionless:

Talk about speed up wolvie + thanos… hows this for an easy to do… escape proof (i think) infinite… or at least semi infinite…

jab, call thanos bubble, jab, short, claw slide (d+f+fp)xxberserker barrage (df+p)… last hit of barrage knocks them back into bubble!!! so… dash fwd… and star it over… cuz that combo went so long thanos is now long out of da screen…

this is sick!!! i havent even tried speed up with it to see what evilness comes out:smokin:

Hmm.

This could be hella good for Wolverine.

They can roll the df+Hp scoop-a-doop, but you should be able to do the infinite into bubble into bubble, cross-up reset repeat in the other direction.

EDIT: Infinite doesnt seem to carry them far enough away to make the bubble hit after he leaves. Maybe there is a way.

Good find, I’ll make a video if I can figure this out.

are you sure they can roll the slide to barrage? its literally a cancel the first 1/4 sec that the slide is hitting… to the barrage… so they’d have 1 frame max to roll it if its even possible… i dont think rolling is a good idea tho also… i’ve had the cpu try to roll backward… and seemingly strait into the bubble… or so it seems…

No, it’s rollable, 1/4 second is 15 frames.

Can roll doesn’t mean they will though, and Wolvie does have options on the roll leading to mixups, especially in speed up, so it is worth learning. And I’m not ruling out another non-rollable setup either. Good find, it’s just an idea that needs tweaking.

PS-- Training Menu -> Dummy -> Normal -> Safe-fall

… you are right about rolling it… my buddy mike was able to do so like 20% of the time or so but he was trying every time… just that the window is damn small and I was able to tag him with this pretty easily several times…

you are right about the speed up with the roll as well… i was able to beat him to his roll spot and force block stun before he could even move a couple times as well…

How many reps does it take to get to the corner?

depends where you start…

c’mon. Obviously that’s true :]

If you start at a few character lengths from one side though, how many reps of this do you get to do before you reach the other side?

I’m having trouble doing your setup and I’m curious about how practical it is. They can roll, plus they can mash bubble to reduce the time they are trapped. Not sure if the latter breaks the infinite.

Maybe once you get to the corner, you can switch to the tag-out infinite or something. Or you could reset and go the other way.

DON’T get me wrong man, I think this is an awesome discovery! Let’s make up some other ways to get the double bubble, maybe there’s an unrollable.

some kind of reset is in order to call thanos again… thanos bubble itself is a dmg reset… but no matter how I try… it seemingly wont let me recall thanos…

you also bring up a good point. tough to roll or not… can be rolled ultimately…

so back to the drawing board…

b.b. hood proj assist… you dont need to slide so no OTG… something like jab, call bb, jab, short, short, berserker(df+p)… missle hits… dash fwd (missle pops em up) dash under em and start another option tree…

with thanos just do everything up to bubble… then ground combo xx df+pp… 120 dmg split between 2 combos… who needs an inf…hehe

these are fairly easy to pull off in a real match as all it requires to begin is a landed jab… which from wolvie… is surprisingly easy to do…

the speed up slide crosses up so fast… that its actually harder to use with this… but im guessing proprer timing of gief or rogue throw assist will let your slide knock em down… and they stand back up just in time to get grabbed… …they can roll… but if you are properly mixing up your option tree… they have about a 50% chance to roll the wrong way…

if wolvie had a solid air to ground… we’d be in serious business…

I thought that you did get to recall the bubble on your first setup?

not without misc randomness happening… I got it in a match several times but not in training mode…

tho with thanos in the wings… if you do the wolvie combo through bubble… to ground combo xx df+pp… then DHC to POWA… the need for an infinite is pretty much gone… b/c they are prolly dead and if not… 1 quick combo from it…
or you could simply take it to bubble… then start up your tag inf…

if you can speed up during the bubble and start speed up inf… im sure it will reset into thanos again… but i dont have someone here to try to mash outta bubble while I try it…

Oh i thought it was an infinite combo with multiple bubbles.