List of simple fighting games

To celebrate the return of the forums please help me build a list of simple fighting games. 1 on 1 fighting games that often involve 1 button special moves. Link for the article above.

1 Like

The game my team is working on fits into that category… http://gravitybreakers.com/

So like Psychic Force except good?

1 Like

Yes exactly!

Retro (VERY RETRO) games count? Also, EASY game inputs for specials like “F+P” counts as a one button specials?

From recent memory (Will keep updating tho)

SNES:

BattleBlaze
Godzilla kaijuu Daikessen

Master System/GameGear:

Masters of Combat

Retro games are not quite the intent of the list, but they still count. Just as long as they do not expect players to already know dragon punch motions, charge moves, and other special moves. I will have to check these games out.

1 Like

Perhaps my indie game Wishmere counts? It’s got an in depth combo system, but all moves are done by pressing a direction + an attack button. Video here.

1 Like

Street Fighter!

I looked up the GameFAQs for those retro games. How do any of those count as simple fighting games? And yes “F+P” counts as simple fighting game controls.

Wishmere sounds like a fighting game that counts. Added

Even Street Fighter 1 is not a simple fighting game.

Evil Zone

1 Like

Added. Never heard of it!

Persona 4 arena & arena ultimax…

How so with the Persona games?

This 2 are not rpg, but simple fighting games (with good story campaign) developed by Atlus and Arc System Works(Guilty gear/Blazblue/dragon ball z, etc).

Bushido Blade?

1 Like

I honestly have no idea what you’re trying to achieve. It just looks like a list of random fighting games.

how about kensei?

Guilty Gear and BlazBlue series are already on the list. Dragon Ball Fighter Z still has special move motions and does not count.

I have decided to add Bushido Blade 1 & 2 to the list!

What I am trying to achieve is a shopping list for simple, non-mobile, 1 on 1 fighting games with one button special moves.

I just discovered Kensei: Sacred Fist and I am just now noticing it sticks to basic commands!

What I am trying to achieve is a shopping list for simple, non-mobile, 1 on 1 fighting games with one button special moves.

Then nearly half your list is wrong.

3 Likes

Yeah er… SNK Heroines, Fighting EX Layer, Guilty Gear Xrd, Tekken Tag 2, MvC3, BlazBlue, KOF 2002 UM are not simple games…

2 Likes