Limited by Characters I Enjoy Playing

[media=youtube]e00y32EEheY[/media]

Well idk if you can see it but here’s the link to the MS into cuttin time.
As you could see he was really near the floor.

[media=youtube]bIxfe76kNLM[/media]

Interesting. Does it matter what height they are when you connect the Maximum Spider? I’ll play with this some more later. Really think a Spidey/Spencer team would be interesting to see, and considering they are both swingers, they might have a common ground in pressure assist potential. Would love to see that!

I wonder if you can do this with the entire cast, actually. You would never have to use Crawler Assault, and could go all HAM with Web Throw loops and get tons of damage.

Web throw into Maximum Spider does equal to or less than Crawler Assault in MOST cases, the trade off is you get a bit more meter. Very RARELY does Web Throw into Maximum Spider do more than Crawler Assault. The thing about DHC’ing from MS, the timing changes whether you are on the ground/normal jump version of of MS or perform it at super jump height. Obviously the time it takes to get to the ground is longer so to eliminate all that extra guess work, just do Crawler Assault into super that you need. For example, Crawler Assault DHC’ed into Spencers Bionic Maneuvers right before the wall bounce still lets Spencer follow up with his grapples into another super when need be or grab reset. To be quite frank unless you have an OTG super or a vertical super like Task or Doom you should probably always be going for Crawler Assault finishers simply for the ease of DHC’ing and the fact that you leave the opponent in the corner and when you kill them you get the chance to guard break/lockdown/UWT attempt if pushblocked in air.

Better safe then sorry. yes it does matter about the height. Connecting MS into another super like spencer is already hard enough to do.

Crawler assault could deal more damage, DHC right after the last hit (wall bounce doesn’t hit) DHC into spencer (bionic lancer faster) then otg 80k super.

That’s what I was thinking. Trying to think of ways to go into Crawler Assault with a Spencer assist, or optimizing a combo to do a decent amount of damage before doing a double Sting xx CA.

Xero, what’s the best way to maximize damage (assistless) and combo into Crawler Assault? If I have the option, I’d like to avoid using an OTG assist exclusively for that purpose unless I absolutely have to. I noticed Brightside uses his Wesker gunshot to most often DHC to Chaotic Flame from CA, but I think if I want Spencer second, I’d want a projectile assist or something with some lockdown potential that could help Spidey as well. Not sure how well Slant Shot works for Spidey, but I’ll play with it.

A very large majority of Spideys combos corner carry. Ending combos with spider sting/bite c:h: xx :l: spider sting xx CA is the easiest way to go into it. If you were going to maximize damage then you’d want a Kara sting into web throw c:h: xx :l: spider sting xx CA setup. The choice is yours but if you have assist behind you I’d go with option one and if you’re solo I’d go with option two.

I blame it on Airborne… shrug

I like how this naturally degraded into combo discussion like every single spiderman thread ever made.

There was no real discussion going in this thread anyhow. The problem was addressed.

Everyone wants to know what to do when they get a hit without even knowing how to get a hit in the first place.

This is why everyone sucks.

No love for ironman? Best beam for spiderman hell best beam in the game.

Lol yea anyone got anything with spiderman modok? I been labbin with this fat head and dang he so fun. Maybe something with bomb assist. Imma try them out later today maybe. Open to some ideas

Here’s what I don’t understand… if Dormmamu is such a great partner for Spidey… why doesn’t anyone run Spidey/Dorm/Doom? Fchamp has already shown how formidable Dorm+missles and meter is, and Spidey is a great battery.

Separately, I dunno if many people know this, but Phantom Dance DHC actually gets pretty good damage if you do it after a Crawler Assault and you let them wall bounce over Spidey before DHCing.

I do use that team and I’ve stated many times before its probably one of the best spiderman teams possible. Why don’t people use it? Well why don’t we all just play morri/doom combinations instead? Ask yourself that question and you pretty much got your answer.

Touche. Somehow I was thinking that you still run Spidey/Dorm/Wesker. Guess I haven’t been paying attention.

Well I was seriously thinking about the team, but here’s my problems with the team- Dark Matter/ Missiles has no horizontal control, while XXX/Plasma beam doesn’t allow Spidey to TOD off Spider Stings (something which I consider a must have for my team).

I’m posting this in the hope that you blow up my above assumptions so I can give the team a second look. Thanks in advance!

lol if you want a full team you don’t play spidey. he needs at least 3 assists to cover all his bases.

spider dorm has good stuff going on just by the DHC and some other things. spider doom has good stuff goin on by missiles being the easiest combo extension, missiles being an okay projectile runaway assist for spidey, and stuff like that.

if you want to optimize a team FOR SPIDERMAN aka “i really want to win with spidey” i suggest hawkeye and you need to learn corner carry combos that let you raw tag to hawkeye and do super scatter shot dhc to UWT resets for damage. hawkeye isn’t the greatest character but he offers horizontal assist and the reset just for spidey.

Well yes the team has very little horizontal control besides well spaced dark holes and throwing out your own balls/web throws. The whole point of this team is patience though since you lack a dominating presence horizontally you have to remedy that with a lot of run-away and good assist calls. Bait assists and make them overextend so you can safely call missiles and apply some pressure. Didn’t open them up? Keep the pressure with dark holes or run away and fish for another opportunity. Few teams/characters can safely out zone spiderman without fear of random full screen web throws or air dash H from full screen so unless you are playing against Morrigan, Zero or Joe this will be your default approach to the neutral.

Honestly this team isn’t for everyone. For starters if you want a team devoted to making spiderman the “main guy” then there are a few characters that give better tools and options. The problem though as phantasy pointed out you would be using characters like Hawkeye who realistically aren’t very good to begin with. So you have to balance out your options and ask yourself some realistic questions. What is more important to you? Making a team that empowers spiderman to his maximum potential but sacrifices the stability of the rest of your squad? Or making a team that sacrifices some of his potential for a much more stable foundation that can survive without him? There is no wrong answer and of course its ultimately your decision to decide what you want to do. If you find spiderman-centric teams funner more power to you. I never once said I discourage fun nor would I ever be against someone choosing the route. But I will say that if you plan on frequently going to tournaments and have a naturally competitive nature teams with stable cores generally perform better in the long run. I say this because Spiderman barely enters the realm of being a competitively viable character. Realistically he will die early a lot and you are going to need your 2nd/3rd characters to dig you out of the rut. Trust me Dorm/Doom have a much better time bringing it back then say Hawkeye/Akuma.

Hawkeye+Doom and Dorm+Doom have a very similar game plan which is to safely flood the screen with the help of hidden missiles and to keep away using teleports/trick maneuvers. Some trades off you get between Hawk and Dorm as second, I guess, would be:

• meter build during TAC
  • no options incoming
  • weaker DHC
  • stronger Spidey neutral
  • fullscreen blind chip assist calls with Spidey
  • leaves opponent grounded on hit

I never really liked the idea of having a Hawkeye anchor because he’s got limited options especially when you use XF before your opponent does. Also, Hawk+Missiles is miles better than Doom+Arrows. Things I don’t like about my team is the limited TAC stuff you can do and that Hawkeye drops like a rock on incoming. I already tried switching positions but never really liked wasting meter to get Hawkeye in safely and Doom with arrows, though decent, doesn’t really have that much of an effect to Doom’s game. You will also get most of the bad stuff from the Spidey+Hawk pairing posted above.

Dunno if FChamp is sandbagging but I don’t think I’ve seen him play Dorm+Missiles lately.