Lili Match up Guide

Having trouble with a certain character or match up? Well look no further to this guide. I will be updating it as much as possible with useful match up specific guides and some videos so you all can see how to deal with pesky match ups.

[details=Spoiler]Cammy vs. Lili
The key to this match up is playing honest footsies with Cammy. Do not try to jump in on her because she will DP you. Your main goal is to keep her out and capitalize on her mistakes. Lili can do more damage to cammy than cammy can do to Lili. If you are having trouble with jab pressure use your counter. Your counter is your best friend in this match up. Cammy will eat 180 damage off of a counter, that’s big for her because she only has 900 hp. The punishes to look out for are very obvious. You wanna punish all her jump ins and any blocked or whiffed Cannon Spikes Peacock jive is your poke and tool in this match up. Peacock jive will juggle Cammy off a blocked Cannon spike and from that point you can do cr.hp to either sunflower lance or ex feisty rabbit to thorn. Don’t be afraid of her because Lili can go head to head with Cammy. Also be aware that cammy has a great dive that can mess up your timing with Andante. [/details]

[details=Spoiler] Guile vs. Lili
The match up can go either way. As a Lili player you want to close in the space and get a hard knock down on Guile as soon as you can. If you have a partner that builds meter it is vital that you give Lili at least two meters. If you have Lili on point for whatever reason begin to whiff dive kick over booms or feisty rabbit to rabbit foot (lk). It will put you low enough to dodge the boom and build meter. Also I’m not sure if most Lili’s know this but you can kinda rekka the feisty rabbit spins but only the button that you originally started with. You cannot ascend up from lk to mk for example only lk lk.

Other players Advice [Songi]

You may also want to consider ex divine step. You can use this move in any direction. This is one of the best moves to use to approach guile and easily close the gap with him and also score a hard knock down. You just did two of the things that I’ve suggested in the battle. I say charge a counter hit so when guile does a sonic boom you get 154 damage for your clever play. Once you have guile on his back it is vital you make sure you don’t mess up this set up. The set up is feisty rabbit lk spin jump up over guile to prevent another roll and hk dive. More than likely you’ll cause him to whiff flash kick which is a easy punish with Lili. Once flash kick whiffs you do Peacock Jive into whatever you want, heck you could even reset him during that. You have to play the match up very wisely. Don’t get hasty because all you need is one knock down to make guile’s day a bad one.
[/details]

[details=Spoiler] Lili vs Guy Match up by Dante
In this match up spacing is the most important thing and making sure to keep Guy out of his range where he can pressure you with his rush down. his two main pokes which is usually St. Mp or St. Mk and his Target Combo are always used to open up people or to start his pressure try to stay out of range from these three moves and force him to jump at you. If he does manage to land a St. Mp or Target Combo and cancel it into a Run Stop just to let you know it’s not safe at all it’s like -7 or -5 on block Target Combo is the safest version so try to mask Cr. Lk when you see him cancel a St. Mp into Run Stop because you will hit him out of it. Anything cancel into a Bushin Flip you can avoid by just doing a sweep or Lili’s Cr. MK because it will lower your hitbox and you will avoid the flip all together but when it comes to a block string Bushin Flip is not safe at all you can just Andante it or air grab him or just jump back and hit him but the best option is to just Cr. Mk because if he does a HP Bushin Flip it will catch you out of your air grab. His options fullscreen are very limited compare to midscreen or up close because all of his options of getting in is shutdown if you can space him correctly. Fullscreen Bushin Flip is ALWAYS punishable don’t let him get away with that crap anti air or air grab him free and all of his Run options are unsafe as well. Usually I see a lot of people get hit by Guy’s Run Overhead but you can Andante it because Guys is airbourne while doing it ans the start up is pretty slow and the same thing apply to his Run Overhead you can Cr. Mk it or Sweep as well or heck you can even Angel Knee it on reaction if you see it coming so never get hit by this move from fullscreen it’s very unsafe and you look silly getting hit by it. Never stand up when you see Bushin Flip because you will always get hit by it you have to be crouching or if you are standing do a Andante before he slam duck you to the ground I see way to many people get hit by the Bushin Flip gimmick and that’s all it is a gimmick there are plenty of ways around it Feisty Rabbit is also a way around it and is a very effective move in this match up.

Guy’s LP and MP Hozanto are the only safe version’s of that move the HP or the EX is -6 so punish that whenever you block it and his jump is very slow and very easy to anti air and his Elbow Drop does not have a air Hitbox so you can beat him air to air quite easily just watch out from his air grab that’s a dangerous move he has. Also when you jump in on him make sure to do one of Lili’s dive kick’s so you can stuff his anti air options which is Cr. MP or TK Izuna Drop but his best anit air which is his EX Senpukyaku will outbeat Lili’s divekicks except for the EX verison but you can safe jump so be careful on jumping in on Guy when he has meter because of EX Senpukyaku. Without meter Guy’s defensive options are very poor so when you get a knockdown just rush him down and don’y let him get meter or escape he can get pressured pretty easily by Lili so just mix him up and have him guessing. His backdash is good but you can OS it and punish it with SunFlower Lance any version of it be very offensive once you get the chance to against Guy you never want him to start his offense. But if he does manage to start his offense just be patient and wait for him to do something that’s not safe or a Flip so you can punish him and escape because he has plenty of gaps in his strings that you can punish him for.

Anything else you guys need help with in thi match up just ask me and I will help you out some people just make this match up a nightmare fro themselves because they get hit by Guy’s gimmicks and unsafe strings but with the right knowledge this match up can be pretty easy. [/details]

[details=Spoiler]
Ryu Vs. Lili
This is the most common match up for Lili to run into. It may seem difficult for her but she matches up with Ryu and I personally think the match is 5-5. Ryu has some very good tools to stop Lili and his footsie game is a bit better than hers. What Lili wants to do is take away his footsies and get in close to him. The closer Lili gets to Ryu the harder it is for him to apply his pressure. His only get off me move is his Shoryuken. You want him to Shoryuken because that can lead to an easy 40% meterless punish from you. You as the Lili player can out mix up and out damage Ryu. But keep in mind that Ryu has enough damage to kill Lili because she only has 900 hp. So let’s break down the match up…

The start of it…
If you have Lili on point wtf is your problem first off haha. It’s harder fight because Lili does need one meter to begin to fight Ryu. Ryu will more than likely fireball you. Your options here are to just instant air dive kick to build meter or feisty rabbit. If you can get in a sweet spot with Lili then you can jump hk him and punish him for the fireball. This is more than unlikely to happen because most Ryu players will know their own spacing and know that you’re trying to get in on them. If a Ryu player goes to Lili he is playing into her hands. If Lili goes to Ryu you have to play his game and that is fireball and cr.mk footsies.

When you have meter.
Ex divine step or ex sunflower lance Ryu. Both will get you to him and that’s what you want. Make sure to do these moves in between his fireballs, he can DP both moves on block. You want to close the space on Ryu. If you score a hard knock down on Ryu you pretty much set him up for the 50/50 mix up. Ryu is terrible against this mix up. His only option is to roll out of it. The dive kick mix up can make his Shoryuken whiff and you can score an easy punish off of it. Ryu cannot afford to take a knock down because you take away his wake up. He has to wake up not pressing anything. Your counter is what takes away that option so let him know that. Your dive kick makes him have to guess and may cause him to make a mistake which is what you want him to do.

Your main goal. Knock him down and mix him up. Ryu has better footsies than you so be aware of that as you approach him. He can out poke you and confirm into damage.

Things to look out for.

Look for habits, adjust, and take away. Does your opponent try to do cadc or wake up shoryuken? Lili can stop these very easily and take them away from Ryu. This is where your counter comes in. If you’re not using this tool in this fight you are severely hurting yourself and putting Ryu in a good position.

Go air to air with Ryu. Lili is one of the few characters who can air to air Ryu and win. j.mp j.hp chain is three attacks so if Ryu tries to jump and meet you he’ll flat out lose and get counter hit into 30% damage.

Avoid jumping on him. He’s ryu. He’s been dping fools since 1987 so don’t jump in on him unless you don’t value winning.

Your strength in this fight.
Your mix game.
Counter.
Ability to get in reliably on Ryu with meter.
Your anti airs.
Your air to air normals
You can out damage Ryu

Your weaknesses
You lack a reliable get off me move.
Your get off me move require a read or meter.
Meter usage, you need meter to fight him.
Footsies, he can cr.mk before you get even get into your sweet spot.
Low hp.
You have to close in on him so you could say your walk speed really hurts you if you’re not adept at moving across the screen with Lili

It’s pretty even between the flaws and strengths and that’s not because I just picked six off the top my mind. These are the things you have to consider when you are fighting Ryu.

Things to look out for.
Hadokens
You can ex divine step to get in. You can feisty rabbit to foot to avoid fireballs and close space. If he uses it in a block string it’s -5 so you can walk up and poke him. St.mp is great because it keeps you outta range and the active frames kick in if Ryu tries to poke you back.
Sweep
Look out for this. Even if he cadc the sweep he is unsafe. The best option to stop Ryu is f.mk it puts you both at neutral and prevents Ryu from running away or back dashing. Remember you have to stay on top of Ryu if you hope to win this match up.

What makes this match up easy for me.
The ability to exploit Ryu’s biggest tools. Hadokens and Shoryuken are susceptible to Lili’s toolset. She cannot be zoned out, remember that as a Lili player. You cannot ever be zoned out by any fireball character. She has ways to get in that other characters wish they had. Plus your moves put him in hard knock down states that will pressure him automatically. It only takes one counter to make him know that you aren’t putting up with his bs. The dive kick mix up works well here because Ryu’s only reliable option is to block. Unless you arch the DK in front of him you really don’t risk anything. Remember always make the 50/50 in your favor and not a 50/50 for you.

What makes it hard.
Getting in on Ryu can be a pain. That’s why it’s vital to keep close to him and have meter. He has enough tools to keep you out from getting in his face. Ryu is at most risk when you’re in his face. He is not at risk when you’re within cr.mk range. Look out for a ryu with meter. EX srk can rape you and that’s 200 damage you do not want to take. Your margin for error is very small but the match up isn’t impossible. A solid Ryu player will give you a hard time but trust me if you can knock him down it’s a very simple match up from there. Don’t be afraid of Ryu, that was my problem when I was first playing. If he mind fucks you at any point it can cost you the match because he’ll bully with his footsies.

Good luck to you all and may you all beat Ryu up! Stay graceful Lilis. [/details]

[details=Spoiler] Xiaoyu vs Lili
Match up written by Songi (aka Doug_Dealer)
For the Xiaoyu match-up Lili should try to keep Xiaoyu at mid range since her best long range normals are St. Mp and St. Mk. Those 2 normals have decent range but also have bad start-up and recovery. If Lili can cross-up Xiaoyu causing those to whiff she has a free punish of her choice. If Xiaoyu is pressuring you with St. Lp,Lp,cr. Mk, wave crest too much just AC it. It’s a free knockdown and Xiaoyu is absolutely free to everything on wake-up. Her only options are to backdash or block.

Don’t try to mash through Xiaoyu’s pressure they’re all frame-traps or blockstrings, you’ll only be giving her a free combo. Take advantage of Xiaoyu’s floaty jump it’s really easy to anti-air and shouldn’t be any problem converting tons of damage. Just watch out for Xiaoyu’s Cr. HK anti-air you want to make sure you mix in different dive kicks to change your jump timing so it throws her off granting you a free punish on whiffed Cr. HK. Be careful she still can Anti-air a dive kick but it takes such good timing most cannot do it reliably (minus Tatsu).

Read her overheads and punish backdashes with F+mk and on wake-up if she tries to back dash just ex sunflower Lance as her backdash is ending, free combo. Don’t do it too early or you’ll end up whiffing the final two hits causing yourself to be setup up for a reset combo. The match-up is easily in Lili’s favor as long as Lili doesn’t fall for any frametraps or overheads [/details]

First off I would like to say, thank you for the thread.

Two people I struggle with so far:

Cammy and Guile

You have any advice against them?

Especially against dealing with Guile’s Sonic Boom Metagame and countering it as well as dealing with his anti-airs.

For instance when Guile throws a sonic boom and then runs behind it for example

For Cammy it’s just dealing with her normals and her cross-up pressure.

(Dhalsim used to be one but Songii helped me out on that one, just gotta apply it to a real match.)

My best advice for Guile when he runs behind sonic boom is prepare Ex Sunflower Lance. It will go through the boom hitting Guile and setting you up for a decent damage combo. Get in a habit of blocking his Ground strings and force him to constantly try to cross you up. If Guile ever does a Cr. Hk at the end of his strings please punish it with a raw launcher (the 2nd hit is raw launcher bait).

Cammy I really got nothing at the moment since that match-up feels kinda luck based since her walk speed is very annoying and really leads to some insane cross up pressure. I have to rely 100% on anti-airs to win that match. Once I score a knockdown on Cammy she’s basically dead because they should know damn well they cannot use Cannon Strike on a good Lili. She’s gotta do a lot of guessing to be able to get back at neutral with Lili and that’s an uphill battle for her. All she has to get out of jail is Cannon Strike…good luck with that Cammy.

Some advice as been updated to the board. enjoy. gonna try to put some videos up so you can see what i do in these cases.
@ songi thanks for helping out here. Please provide vids or whatever you can, this goes to all the lili heads out there!

I plan on getting some recording equipment before the end of the month so I’ll be able to get some stuff recorded. It would be great to see matches against certain characters from several different Lili perspectives. That would help a lot considering all of us Lili players have a different style.

Was looking through my French Textbook today and I realised one thing:

‘Je ne sais pas merde a propos le combat entre Xiaoyu et Lili’

Rough Translation: I don’t know crap about the Xiaoyu vs Lili Match-up.

I was thinking that I should kinda treat it like it’s Tekken in the fact that you just sit there, block, let her do her stuff then just get her to whiff due to her pressing too much buttons and then punish her hard but I don’t think that’s the right way of doing things in a 2D environment.

Anyone care to explain this match-up to help me out a little?

Keep Xiaoyu out of your face and force her to jump. Her standing long range pokes (St. Mp, St. Mk) all have long start-up and recovery if they’re not stance canceled. If she is pressuring you too much with st. lp, lp, cr. mk, Wave Crest then by all means AC it. Once you knockdown Xiaoyu you basically won the match. She has absolutely no options on wake-up outside of rolling and backdashing (no joke!). She’s free to everything so just knock her down and she has to guess what you’re going to do or she’s dead. If you get knocked down predict the overhead, don’t quick stand, just let yourself get up automatically or roll. Her jump is extremely floaty so anti-airing her is easy mode.

If you want to jump-in on Xiaoyu, be careful she has a good anti-air like you. Use different strength Dive Kicks to change your jump arc to cause it to whiff for a free punish. Xiaoyu has horrible crouching normals so raw launchers aren’t really needed for this match-up.

Do anyone here need help with the Guy match up?

could you guys write a small blurb for both those characters so i can put them up as a spoiler

What do you mean a “small blurb?” What I’m asking is are you requesting a certain format?

no no just write up what a lili player should do against xiaoyu. I’ll copy it and post it on the first post. Just private message me it.

added some new content to the guide page.

I got nothing for the Guy match-up currently, it seems like Guy has the match-up in his favor since he can alter his jump arc…yes veeerrry annoying indeed. :rolleyes:

It’s in Lili’s favor it’s like 6-4 or 5.5

Lili vs Guy Match up
In this match up spacing is the most important thing and making sure to keep Guy out of his range where he can pressure you with his rush down. his two main pokes which is usually St. Mp or St. Mk and his Target Combo are always used to open up people or to start his pressure try to stay out of range from these three moves and force him to jump at you. If he does manage to land a St. Mp or Target Combo and cancel it into a Run Stop just to let you know it’s not safe at all it’s like -7 or -5 on block Target Combo is the safest version so try to mask Cr. Lk when you see him cancel a St. Mp into Run Stop because you will hit him out of it. Anything cancel into a Bushin Flip you can avoid by just doing a sweep or Lili’s Cr. MK because it will lower your hitbox and you will avoid the flip all together but when it comes to a block string Bushin Flip is not safe at all you can just Andante it or air grab him or just jump back and hit him but the best option is to just Cr. Mk because if he does a HP Bushin Flip it will catch you out of your air grab. His options fullscreen are very limited compare to midscreen or up close because all of his options of getting in is shutdown if you can space him correctly. Fullscreen Bushin Flip is ALWAYS punishable don’t let him get away with that crap anti air or air grab him free and all of his Run options are unsafe as well. Usually I see a lot of people get hit by Guy’s Run Overhead but you can Andante it because Guys is airbourne while doing it ans the start up is pretty slow and the same thing apply to his Run Overhead you can Cr. Mk it or Sweep as well or heck you can even Angel Knee it on reaction if you see it coming so never get hit by this move from fullscreen it’s very unsafe and you look silly getting hit by it. Never stand up when you see Bushin Flip because you will always get hit by it you have to be crouching or if you are standing do a Andante before he slam duck you to the ground I see way to many people get hit by the Bushin Flip gimmick and that’s all it is a gimmick there are plenty of ways around it Feisty Rabbit is also a way around it and is a very effective move in this match up.

Guy’s LP and MP Hozanto are the only safe version’s of that move the HP or the EX is -6 so punish that whenever you block it and his jump is very slow and very easy to anti air and his Elbow Drop does not have a air Hitbox so you can beat him air to air quite easily just watch out from his air grab that’s a dangerous move he has. Also when you jump in on him make sure to do one of Lili’s dive kick’s so you can stuff his anti air options which is Cr. MP or TK Izuna Drop but his best anit air which is his EX Senpukyaku will outbeat Lili’s divekicks except for the EX verison but you can safe jump so be careful on jumping in on Guy when he has meter because of EX Senpukyaku. Without meter Guy’s defensive options are very poor so when you get a knockdown just rush him down and don’y let him get meter or escape he can get pressured pretty easily by Lili so just mix him up and have him guessing. His backdash is good but you can OS it and punish it with SunFlower Lance any version of it be very offensive once you get the chance to against Guy you never want him to start his offense. But if he does manage to start his offense just be patient and wait for him to do something that’s not safe or a Flip so you can punish him and escape because he has plenty of gaps in his strings that you can punish him for.

Anything else you guys need help with in thi match up just ask me and I will help you out some people just make this match up a nightmare fro themselves because they get hit by Guy’s gimmicks and unsafe strings but with the right knowledge this match up can be pretty easy.

Just to quote Songi here from a post that he mentioned in GD today.

I just want to know why does Lili beat Jack-X so badly?

I’m going to keep it short since I don’t like writing essays. Jack’s DP loses to Lili’s feisty rabbit since it is considered a projectile. His DP is also beaten by raw launcher so if you know it’s coming, just mash out launcher for a free 300+ damage punish. He is extremely vulnerable to cross-ups which Lili has several options to cross-up with. His normals are ass so he cannot fend off Lili once she’s in unless he risks throwing out a DP.

Oh…

So that essentially means that I can just sit there and do a cancel-able normal into Feisty Rabbit > :lk: slide and there is not much that he can do about it?

This is right! If you’re smart you will use the overhead version as well to mix things up into a hard knockdown. That’s when things get really messy for poor ol’ Jack!

it means you can vortex jack x very easily. Once you get in his face you take away soo many options. Lili’s risk pays off more than jack x. Dive kick rapes him and he gets instant air overhead. in 2013 once lili gets in on jack x its pretty much over. he can’t roll anymore and its pretty much a vortex.