Let's try this again - "The Blackbook" In-Depth Character Specifics

So the matchup thread is just about useless as a quick reference, and we need it to be updated on a character by character basis. I claim to be willing to take up the task only, and ONLY if i get help from everyone else since quite honestly, my yang is not that great by any means.

I DO however check the forums often and If the yang community is willing to share and combine efforts, id like to create something similar to the Sakura forums “The Notebook”. “The Rindokan bible” is too complex to copy not as accessible as "The Notebook"
Which is where i get the name, “The Blackbook”. Yang’s overall style gives me an urban vibe, so i think a graffiti inspired blackbook, except instead of filled with other artists work, it has all the matchup information you need for each character.

However the REAL service im offering, is to bring this all into the form of an app for both iOS(Somewhat) and Android. I did this once for sakura and id like to do it for Yang in AE2012 as well as an updated version for Ultra when it comes out. Here is a Snapshot of said app.

Spoiler

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/1016857_10201481631909996_1700427999_n.jpg

The “Somewhat” about the iOS app is that i would need a Developers account in order to get it into the app store. Developer accounts cost 99 bucks and id be willing to do it if i had help as well(up to half?) but im doubtful that people would be into that idea, if you are, let me know and il gladly get it going. Otherwise for iOS, its going to be limited to Jailbroken Devices.

Android users wont have this problem. And the apps would be free on both platforms of course.

*I know Ultra is right around the corner, but it will be easier to update *

What i need from you guys

Fill in the character specific gaps. Short, easy to understand and able to quickly reference in between matches ala infiltration. Even if the information is obvious and redundant, its all helpful.
What ive been doing is going through the forums and grabbing at information here and there, but its hard to do since some of it is from AE.

example:

Deejay

[details=Spoiler]
Info
You can beat his fireball game from close to mid range. If he tries to slide anti air you, aim for his head with MK or HK dive kick.

Ultra Choice - Raishin Mahhaken (U1)
blocked ex MGU and blocked ex sobat

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes[/details]

And i WILL update the thread and not let it die.

If i have disappeared, check me on twitter, goes straight to my phone.
https://twitter.com/Don_illMatiX

Also, please mind the aesthetics for now, il get it all rolling soon.

[INSERT PICTURE] - Gonna create something cool looking on photoshop.
The Blackbook - Yang

Info

Slash FADC frame advantage:
Strength# ~ blockstun/hitstun

LP1 ~ +0/+3
LP2 ~ -1/+3
LP3 ~ -1

MP1 ~ +1/+4
MP2 ~ +0/+4
MP3 ~ +1

HP1 ~ +4/+7
HP2 ~ +5/+9
HP3 ~ +1

Dive Kick Frame advantage
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/gordominicano/th_Yi8c0XG.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Safe Jump - basics.
-forward throw, whiff cr.mp, jump is a 5 frame safe jump(VS Sagat and Cammy you whiff s.mk instead.)

-In the corner, cl.mk, dash, cl.mk, dash, hk rollkicks neutral jump is a 4-frame safe jump if the opponent quick rises with regular timing. If he doesn’t quick rise, whiff cl.mp, neutral j.mk is another safe jump. The dashes are important to get the right height on hk rollkicks and recovery.

-After U2 full animation, lk teleport j.hp is a 5-frame safe jump.

**-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------**Teleport Setups

1. Slashes > FADC > st.Hp > Lk. teleport > st.MP > cr.MK > Slashes

After the FADC you cancel the first hit of the st.Hp into the teleport and it puts Yang behind the opponent.

1. After your standard rekka rekka FADC launcher, dash forward cl.mp xx lk teleport for a quick little mixup

3)Blockstring into cr. mk xx lk dash for same side, mk dash for other side, hk dash for a dumb little bait/sweep setup

cl. mp xx lk dash in general is a nice little thing to have at your disposal

1. Ithe corner rekka rekka launcher cr. lk xx lk dash

5)mk DP > dash > tp (bait)| tenshin(meaty) | wait > cl mk(counter)
6)hk DP >lk tp>lk tp | tenshin
7)U1 > 2 * dash > lk tp | tenshin
i strated to use it and it’s pretty effective (maybe not online ) the tenshin is meaty so crouch tech is beaten , if they start backdashing , mk will launch them basically it’s a risky mixup( grab beats tp) but the price is worth it if u can score big damage
8) forward throw > dash >lk tp >lk tp
9) mk dp > dash > pause >lk tp makes 3 frames reversals whiff even delayed ones
10)corner: rekka rekka fadc cl.mk palm cr.lk xx lk dash

front:
Ryu, Ken, Ibuki, Dudley, Seth, Akuma, Dan, Oni, Guy, Cody, Deejay, M.Bison (Dictator), C.Viper, Evil Ryu, Balrog, T.Hawk

behind:
E.Honda, Makoto, Gouken, Gen, Sakura, Yang, Hakan, Cammy, Sagat, Abel, Dhalsim, Chun-Li, Juri, Yun, Guile, Blanka, Zangief, Rufus, El Fuerte, Vega (Claw), Fei Long, Adon, Rose
11)bnb xx lp rekkas midscreen dash forward then mk teleport and it should avoid mashed dps and some ultras.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frame Traps/Counter Hit
-st.lp, st.mp [1f]: Catches crouch techs. Beats most things that aren’t reversal HP DPs.
-cr.lp, st.mp [2f]: Catches crouch techs. Trades with most DPs, loses to reversal HP DP.
-st.lp, st.hp [2f]: Catches crouch techs. Trades with most DPs, loses to reversal HP DP. Cancel into HP palm; on CH st.hp, HP palm combos and causes float in corner (lets you combo non-animation U2, lk dp, ex dp, or cr.lk)
-st.lp, cr.mk [2f]: Catches crouch techs. Trades with most DPs, loses to reversal HP DP. Cancel into LP rekka or palm for free pressure/chip/meter; palm maintains standing (and palm loops if you’re Sako) and rekkas give real estate.
-st.lp, cl.mk [3f]: 3f normals, throw, and all DPs can beat. Sort of gimmicky, as it’s not too tight, but cl.mk offers a lot of reward. If you can’t react to hitting the launch with a JC divekick, you can always just cl.mk, mk dp.
-st.mp, f.mp [2]: Catches crouch techs. Trades with most DPs, loses to reversal HP DP. In USF4, f.mp can be special canceled, which makes this stronger. You could also go into st.mp, st.hp, b+hp target combo, which cancels into Seiei-Enbu.
-st.mp, cr.mk: Catches crouch techs. Trades with most DPs, loses to reversal HP DP. Cancel into LP rekka or palm for free pressure/chip/meter; palm maintains standing (and palm loops if you’re Sako) and rekkas give real estate.
*Bolded important ones.

In a lot of these, st.mp is used. On CH, st.mp links into f.hp, cr.hk, and U1 (along with a few other options). Most of these frame traps can be used together (i.e, st.lp, st.mp, cr.mk xx hp rekka, hp rekka FADC st.lp, st.hp xx hp palm).

Instant Overheads
-Blocked j.fp/j.mp -> nj.mp
-> nj.mk
-> j.fp

-After U1, empty forward jump is perfect timing for meaties (even command grab). Double dash jump back mp is an instant overhead vs the taller characters.

Corner enders
-cl.mk, cl.mk, lk dp, lk dp [182/330]: Most meter gain. Best stun without a reset.
-cl.mk, mp palm, mk dp [201/305]: Highest damage ender.
-cl.mk, mp palm, cr.lk [196/345]: Resets.
*Note: damage and stun is based off of s.lp, cl.mk, [stuff], as you’ll often FADC, s.lp, cl.mk to hit these enders.

Seiei-Enbu loops
*Note: All Seiei-Enbu loops can begin from st.mp, st.hp, b+hp xx super or [normal] xx mp palm xx super. You can cancel a few other things (i.e: mk or hk dp’s first hit, rekkas, etc) but they don’t tend to be as useful. The reason they’re not as useful is because mp palm forces stand, and super canceling on some (i.e, rekkas) is rough for little payout.
-cl.hp xx lk teleport [xN]: Most midscreen damage.
-cl.hp xx hp rekka, pause, hp rekka, pause, hp rekka…: Corner carry. Weak damage that’s meant to carry to the corner to set up for one of the corner loops.
-mp palm, dash, st.lk xx mp palm, dash [xN]: Most damaging corner loop. This also works ON BLOCK. ~600 damage on hit.
-mp palm, dash. cr.mp, dash, cr.mp [xN]: Easier corner loop, less damage. Can do double cr.mp, dash on larger characters. Can do cr.mp, cr.lk, dash to ease execution even further.
-st.lk, st.mk (target combo), JC, HK dive kick, cl.mk JC HK dive kick, cl.mk JC HK dive kick, cr.mp, dash, cr.lk, cr.hk: Older combo, but strong for midscreen. Only mentioning it because of the cr.mp, dash, cr.lk, cr.hk ender. Seiei-Enbu, particularly midscreen, does ass damage because of scaling. So, you really want to look for a reset towards the end so you can land ultra. The cr.mp, dash, X can be a reset if you elect to do something besides cr.lk, cr.hk at this point. During Seiei-Enbu, f+mk (overhead) links into cr.lk, so you’re looking to reset, link into cr.lk, cr.lp, ultra. For U2, you can simply f+mk, U2. If they block the f+mk, you can cr.mk xx mp palm, U2 for full U2 animation.

Abel: [details=Spoiler]Info

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Wheel Kick (Blocked deep)

• Cr.mk xx…
  • St.lk xx…

Change of Direction (First Hit blocked)

• Cr.lk xx…

Change of Direction (Second HIGH Hit blocked)

• Cr.mk xx…

NOTE: You can interrupt with a Sekyutai between the first and second hits

Change of direction (Second LOW Hit blocked)

No punishes (Just interrupt with a Sekyutai between the hits, you have enough time to react)

Change of Direction (Final HIGH Hit blocked)

• Ultra 1 and 2
  • Cl.fp xx…
  • St.lp xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…
  • Cl.mk launcher xx…
  • Zenpou Tenshin (To build some meter or put Abel in the corner etc.)
  • You have time to do near enough anything

Change of Direction (Final LOW Hit blocked)

• Ultra 1 and 2
  • Cl.fp xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…
  • Cl.mk Launcher xx…
  • You have time to do near enough anything

Whiffed Tornado Throw

• Whatever you like

Blocked Super

• Whatever you like

Blocked Souless (Ultra 1)

• Whatever you like

Abel Activates Breathless (Ultra 2)

• If you’re close and have Ultra, Ultra him.
  • If you’re close, jump over Abel and punish
  • If you’re far, jump back

[/details]
Adon: [details=Spoiler]Info
For me, playing against people who like to mash Rising Jaguar especially, delayed Dive kicks stuff them (beat the mash). Depends on whos using him though - you can’t take a lot of damage, Adon does A LOT of damage.

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Jaguar Tooth

• Can be stuffed by a Far St.mk
  • Can be stuffed by a Far St.mp
  • Can be Ultra’d if you react to it

The St.Mk is a lot more reliable however.

Blocked Rising Jaguar

• Anything, just go for your strongest punish or a reset

Jaguar Kick

• All Jaguar Kicks can be Sekyutai’d and/or stuffed by St.mk if you have the reactions
  • Mk and Lk Jaguar Kick can be stuffed by St.lp and St.mp as well as St.mk if you react quick enough
  • Cl.mk stuffs Rh Jaguars if you do it early enough, otherwise it trades in Adons favour
  • Punish Adon if he whiffs a Jaguar Kick

Air Jaguar Kick

• They can be Focused
  • You can Sekyutai them but watch out for Adons trajectory
  • Instant Air Jaguars can be stuffed by St.lp, St.mp and St.mk (St.mk being the most reliable)

Blocked Ultra 1

• Whatever you like

Blocked Ultra 2

• Whatever you like
    [/details]
    Akuma: [details=Spoiler]
    Info

Ultra Choice - Tenshin Senkyutai (U2)

Safe Jump

Counter Poking
Akuma’s Roundhouse whiffs the second hit on Crouching Yang, you can punish with a Cl.fp and anything else if you’re quick enough.

Also you can stuff Akuma’s sweep with your Cr.mk buffered into Rekkas. If Akuma decides to do a point blank sweep you can Cr.mk into
Sekyutai or Rekkas. If you block it a bit further out you can Rekka and it will hit him, it doesn’t have to be reversal timing either.

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Any Blocked Tatsu

• Cl.fp xx…
  • Cl.mk Launcher xx…
  • Cl.lp xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…

Any Blocked Shoryuken

• Both Ultras
  • Whatever you like

Demon Flip Kick

• You can Cl.mk Launcher and it will beat it clean if you hit with Yangs foot, any later and it will trade.
  • Sekyutai will just trade

Demon Flip Palm

-You can Cl.mk Launcher this too and it will beat it if you do it early, any later and it will trade or lose completely

Ultra 1

• Dodge and Punish as hard as you can
  • Ultra him right back as soon as his Ultra flash is done

Ultra 2

• Punish as hard as you can

[/details]
Balrog: [details=Spoiler]
Info

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Dash Straight (mp and fp)

• St.lk xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…

Dash Upper (mk)

• Cl.mp xx…
  • Cl.lp xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…
  • St.lk xx…

Dash Upper (rh)

• Cl.mp xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…
  • Cl.lp xx…

Dash Low Straight

• Rekkas (Doesn’t have to be reversal timing)
  • St.mk

NOTE: It can’t be punished if Balrog hits with the tip of his glove, in other words, if he spaces it.

Dash Low Smash (lk)

• St.lk xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…
  • St.lp xx…

NOTE: The mk and rh versions can also be punished by Cr.mk. You won’t be able to punish if Balrog spaces it so the tips of his glove
hits you.

Dash Swing Blow (Overhead Punch)

• St.lp xx…
  • St.lk xx…

NOTE: The mp and fp versions can be punished by Cr.mk

Buffalo Headbutt

• Whatever you like

NOTE: lp Headbutt whiffs on Crouching Yang

Ultra 1

• Whatever you like

Ultra 2

• Lose faith in the community and punish with whatever you like
    [/details]
    Blanka: [details=Spoiler]
    Info
    Most times you can punish a blocked ball with MK dive kick, believe someone said in another thread that one of them you can only punish if you block standing

Blanka balls

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes

• You can punish all blanka balls with ex rollkicks and mp and hp versions with mk rollkicks.
    Rolling Attack (lp)

• EX Sekyutai (Reversal timing)

• Ultra 2 (Reversal timing)

Rolling Attack (mp)

• Dash forward Cr.mk xx…
  • Mk Sekyutai (Reversal timing)
  • EX Sekyutai
  • Ultra 2

Rolling Attack (fp)

• Dash forward Cr.mk xx…
  • Dash forward Cl.mp - St.lk xx…
  • Mk Sekyutai
  • Rh Sekyutai (Reversal timing)
  • EX Sekyutai
  • Ultra 2

Rolling Attack (EX)

Backstep Roll (AKA Rainbow Roll)

• A Blanka will never use the normal version, they will usually use the EX version of the move to escape.
  • Focus absorb then dash and punish unless it is a REVERSAL which will break armour
  • Some Blanka’s won’t even try to hit you with this move, they’ll land in front and go for a throw

If you do block this move however, you can dash forward and punish with whatever you like or just Ultra 2

Vertical Roll

• You won’t see the regular versions get used, only the EX Version as an AA or wakeup reversal

EX Vertical Roll can be punished by the following

• Walk forward Cr.mk xx…
  • Rh Sekyutai (Reversal timing)
  • Mk Sekyutai
  • Dash Cl.fp xx…

Ultra 1

• Whatever you like

Ultra 2 (Ground version)

• Jump over and Ultra if closer than mid-screen
  • If further away, jump over first hit then block the second and punish
    [/details]
    Cammy: [details=Spoiler]
    Info

easier punish on blocked or whiffed Dps. this is a pesonal choice for me. 1 is prolly more practical

Safe Jump

• forward throw, whiff st.mk, jump is a 5 frame safe jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Spiral Arrow

• Whatever you like

Cannon Spike

• Dash into whatever you like
  • Sekyutai
  • Ultra 2

Cannon Strike

• If it hits above the waist you can grab/Sekyutai her if she tries to jab etc.

Hooligan Combination Razor’s Edge Slicer (Sweep)

• Smack her out of the air
    or
  • Feel the shame of not reacting and letting her use this move

Ultra 1

• Whatever you like

Ultra 2

• Lvl 3 Focus her and go from there
    [/details]
    Chun-Li: [details=Spoiler]
    Info

Safe Jump

-Forward throw, cr. Mp (whiff), j. Hp. (midscreen) universal 5 frame safe jump.

-NO quick rise after lp rekka finisher in corner :

Whiff St. Jab, St. Mp, St. Jab, NJ. Mk.

-NO dwu after sweep.

Short step back. NJ. Mk.

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Spinning Bird Kick

• Regular versions can be punished by whatever you like
  • EX Version, after blocking you can slighty walk forward and Cl.mp xx… or you could just simply block it and punish with Cr.mk

Hazanshu

• You can’t punish it BUT you can react to it and Sekyutai, watch for patterns

Senretsukyaku (Target Combo)

• Whatever you like

Ultra 1

• Whatever you like

Ultra 2

• Whatever you like
  • If she does point blank Ultra 2 just Ultra her straight back after the flash

[/details]
Cody: [details=Spoiler]
Info

blocked ex criminal uppers, OS vs ex zonk

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Criminal Upper (lp)

Criminal Upper (mp and fp)

• St.lk xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • EX Sekyutai

Lk Ruffian Kick

• Whatever you like

Mk Ruffian Kick

• Whatever you like

Rh Ruffian Kick

• Whatever you like

EX Ruffian Kick

• Whatever you like

NOTE: All Ruffian kicks can be made safe if spaced correctly except for Rh

Zonk Knuckle

• Cr.mk xx…

EX Zonk Knuckle

• Cr.mk xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…

Bad Spray

• Whatever you like

Super

• Whatever you like

Ultra 1

• Whatever you like
  • You can Ultra 1 back after the flash and you’ll beat it, Ultra 2 does not work however

Ultra 2

• Whatever you like
    [/details]
    C.Viper: [details=Spoiler]
    Info

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Thunder Knuckle (hp)

• Whatever you like

EX Thunder Knuckle

• St.lk xx…

Seismo (lp)

• St.lk xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…

Ultra 1

• Whatever you like

Ultra 2

• Whatever you like

[/details]
Dan: [details=Spoiler]
Info

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Dankukyaku

• You can stuff Rh and Mk versions with St.mk, Far St.fp and St.mp
  • You can stuff the Lk version with Far St.fp
  • You only trade with EX
  • Don’t forget to whiff punish if you can

Air Dankukyaku

• Whiff punish
  • CAN be stuffed by St.mk but rarely

Koryuken

• Whatever you like

Ultra 1

• Whatever you like
  • You can Ultra 1 him back after the flash

Ultra 2

• Whatever you like
  • You can Ultra 1 or Ultra 2 him back after the flash

[/details]
Deejay: [details=Spoiler]
Info
Haven’t played this match enough to know a lot, but little things i do know - you can beat his fireball game from close to mid range. If he tries to slide anti air you, aim for his head with MK or HK dive kick.

blocked ex MGU and blocked ex sobat

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Double Rolling Sobat (mk and rh)

• St.lk xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • Rh Sobat can be Reversal lp Rekka’d

Machine Gun Upper

• lp can’t be punished
  • mp can be Cr.mk xx…
  • fp can be Cr.mk or Raw Rekka punished (doesn’t have to be reversal timing)

Jackknife Maximum

• Cl.mk Launcher xx…
  • Cl.fp xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • St.lp xx…
  • Cl.mp xx…
  • Stronger versions can be Ultra’d

Super

• Whatever you like

Ultra 1

• Ultra 1 him back after the flash
  • Whatever you like

Ultra 2

• EX Teleport through him after the flash
  • Whatever you like
    [/details]
    Dhalsim: [details=Spoiler]
    Info

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Lp Yoga Flame

• St.lk xx…
  • St.lp xx…

Yoga Mummy

• If he hits Yang’s knee or lower, he’s safe. That’s if the timer doesn’t run out by time he gets there.
  • Any higher and you can Cr.lp/lk xx…or even Cl.fp if he spaces it terribly

Yoga Spear

• Anywhere above the knee and you can punish with Cl.fp etc.

Ultra 1

• Throw him
  • Ultra 1 or 2 after the flash if close
  • EX Teleport through
  • EX Sekyutai will get all 3 hits but you will run out of invincibility and fall into Sim’s Ultra

Ultra 2

• Dodge and Punish with whatever you like
    [/details]

Dudley: [details=Spoiler]
Info

blocked ex MGU

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Mp Machinegun Blow

• St.lp xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…

Fp Machinegun Blow

• St.lp xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…

EX Machinegun Blow

• Lk Sekyutai
  • EX Sekyutai
  • St.lp xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…

Jet Upper

• Whatever you like

Thunderbolt

• St.lk
  • St.lp
  • Cr.lp
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • Walk up Cl.fp xx…
  • Walk up Cl.mp xx…
  • Walk up Cl.mk Launcher xx…
  • Ultra 1
  • Ultra 2

Ducking Upper

• Cr.lk xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • St.lp xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…

Ducking Straight

• Cr.lk xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • St.lp xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…

Super

• Whatever you like
  • EX Teleport through after the flash

Ultra 1

• Whatever you like
  • EX Teleport through

Ultra 2

• Whatever you like
  • Ultra 1 him back after the Flash if close
  • EX Teleport through him after the flash
    [/details]
    E.Honda: [details=Spoiler]
    Info

you can bait ex headbutt and butt splashes on wake up and after resets with a neutral jump. U2 lets you still punish ex headbutt if he whiffs and goes across the screen. also sometimes ive had honda players try to bait me to dp if im 3/4 screen away with lp headbutt. again U2 punishes the whiff

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Sumo Headbutt (lp)

• EX Rekka (Only one hit, the followups whiff and it has to be reversal timing)

Sumo Headbutt (mp)

• Fp Reversal Rekka (Only one hit)
  • EX Rekka (Full hits, must be reversal timing)

Sumo Headbutt (fp)

• EX Rekka (Full hits, must be reversal timing)

EX Sumo Headbutt

• EX Rekka (Only one hit, the rest whiffs and it has to be reversal timing)
    You have to kara ex rekka to get full headbutt punishes

Sumo Splash

• All versions can be beaten by Cl.mk Launcher on the way down

Super

• St.lp xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • Ultra 1 him after the flash

Ultra 1

• Ultra 1 him after the flash
  • Lk Sekyutai (One hit)
  • EX Sekyutai
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • Ultra 1
  • Ultra 2

Ultra 2

• Dodge and punish with whatever you like

[/details]
Evil Ryu: [details=Spoiler]
Info

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Lk Ryusokyaku

• St.lk xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…

EX Ryusokyaku

• Cr.lk xx…
  • St.lp xx…

Lk and Mk Tatsu

• Cl.fp xx…
  • St.mk Launcher xx…
  • St.mp xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • St.lp xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…

You can just duck under the Tatsu’s and punish too, do this against the Rh Tatsu.

Shoryuken

• Whatever you like

Ultra 1

• Ultra 1 or 2 after the flash
  • EX Sekyutai after the flash
  • If mid screen you can do a regular Sekyutai

Ultra 2

• Punish with whatever you like
    [/details]
    El Fuerte: [details=Spoiler]
    Info

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Tostada Press

• Fp Rekka (Only if Fuerte lands near enough on top of you)
  • EX Rekka (Only if Fuerte lands near enough on top of you)
  • EX Sekyutai (Only if Fuerte lands near enough on top of you, reversal timing)

Calamari Slide

If you block it deep you can punish with the following:

• Cr.lk xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • St.lp xx…
  • Cl.mp xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • St.mk Launcher
  • Cl.fp xx…

If he spaces it or times it as a meaty, he’s safe.

Quesadilla Bomb

• EX Sekyutai (Reversal)
  • Fp Rekka
  • EX Rekka

Ultra 1 and 2

• Dodge them and punish with whatever you like
    [/details]
    Fei Long: [details=Spoiler]
    Info

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Blocked second hit of Rekkaken

• St.lp xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • Cl.mp xx…
  • St.mk launcher xx…
  • Cl.fp xx…
  • Lk Sekyutai
  • EX Sekyutai

Blocked all hits of Rekkaken

• Whatever you like

Shienkyaku

• Whatever you like

Rekkukyaku

• You can stuff any version with St.mk and Far St.fp (but St.mk is more reliable)

Super

• Whatever you like

Ultra 1

• Whatever you like

Ultra 2

• Lvl 3 Focus and then whatever you like
    [/details]
    Gen: [details=Spoiler]
    Info
    Not sure - think he out pokes Yang, but if Yang gets in with c.lk xx (lp) rekka pressure, or c.mk xx (lp) rekka, and i think Gen is free to mix-ups. though, i could be wrong.

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Gekiro

• Whatever you like

Oga Far Kick

• Cr.lk xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • Cl.mp xx…

If he spaces it however, he will be safe.

Oga Close Kick

• St.lp xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…

Oga Falling Kick

• St.lp xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…

Supers

• Whatever you like

Ultra 1

• Whatever you like

Ultra 2

• Whatever you like
    [/details]
    Gouken: [details=Spoiler]
    Info

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Lp Senkugoshoha

• St.lp xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…

Mp Senkugoshoha

• St.lp xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • Cl.mp xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • Lk Sekyutai (Reversal timing)

Fp Senkugoshoha

• St.lp xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • Cl.mp xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…

EX Senkugoshoha

• St.lp xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • Cl.mp xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…

Tatsumaki Gorasen

• Whatever you like

Hyakkishu > Sweep

• Whatever you like

If he hits with the tip of his foot you can

• St.lk xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…

Super

• Whatever you like

Ultra 1

• Whatever you like

Ultra 2

• Whatever you like
    [/details]
    Guile: [details=Spoiler]
    Info

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Flash Kick

• Whatever you like

Super

• Whatever you like

Ultra 1

• Whatever you like

Ultra 2

[/details]
Guy: [details=Spoiler]
Info

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Mp Hozanto

Fp Hozanto

• St.lk xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…

EX Hozanto

• St.lk xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…

Bushin Senpukyaku

• Whatever you like

Run > Shadow Kick (Slide)

• St.lk xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • St.lp xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • St.mk Launcher xx…
  • Cl.mp xx…
  • Cl.fp xx…

Run > Neck Flip (Overhead Kick)

• St.lk xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • St.lp xx…
  • Cl.mp xx…

Super

• Whatever you like

Ultra 1

• Whatever you like

Ultra 2

[/details]
    Hakan: [details=Spoiler]
    Info

punish oil ups from neutral

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Oil Slide

• Whatever you like if it’s not spaced properly
  • If spaced properly Hakan will be safe

Oil Dive

• Doesn’t hit crouchers
  • Only really gets used in Uncrouchable set-ups

Oil Rocket

• Has no range unless Hakan is oiled

Flying Oil Spin

• Doesn’t hit crouchers

Ultra 1

• Watch out for tick setups
  • Watch out for empty and meaty slide into Ultra 1
  • Dodge and Punish

Ultra 2

• Lvl 3 Focus and Punish
  • Be extremely careful if you want to take to the air or just dont jump at all

[/details]
Ibuki: [details=Spoiler]
Info

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Neckbreaker

• Whatever you like

Rh Tsumuji 2 hits (Spin Kicks)

• Cr.lk
  • St.lp

Rh Tsumuji 3 hits Low Ender

• Buffer a Lk Sekyutai or Ultra and if you see the 3rd hit coming out, do it.

Raida

• Walk forward a tiny bit and either Cl.fp xx… , St.mk Launcher xx… or Cl.mp xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • St.lp xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • Mk, Rh, EX Sekyutai (Reversal)

Kazegiri

• Whatever you like

EX Kazegiri

• Whatever you like
  • Charge a Lvl2 focus to absorb the Kunai she may throw out and punish

Super

• EX Teleport through

Ultra 1

• Dodge and Punish
  • Watch out for ticks and empty dash/command dash

Ultra 2

• Whatever you like

[/details]
Juri: [details=Spoiler]
Info

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Lk Senpusha

• Cr.lk xx…

Lk Senpusha (Blocked Crouching, second hit whiffs)

• Whatever you like if you react quick enough

Mk Senpusha

• St.lp xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • Mantis Slash(any)

Rh Senpusha

• Whatever you like

EX Senpusha

• Mantis Slash(any)
  • Target Combo 2
  • EX Sekyutai (Reversal)

Shikusen (Dive Kick)

• If Juri does anything more than one hit on block you can punish with whatever you like
  • If she only does one hit and it’s above the knee, you can do whatever you like
  • If it’s below the knee she’s safe

Super

• Whatever you like

Ultra 2

[/details]
Ken: [details=Spoiler]
Info
Take advantage of the fact that his fireballs arent as good as ryu’s. Get some pressure.

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Low MK -> fireball is not a true block string, you can focus the fireball and dash forward to punish. (If you block the low mk and you know he will do a fireball afterward) It even works if he does it point blank.

Lk Tatsu (Blocked standing)

• Cr.lp xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…
  • Cl.mp xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…

Lk Tatsu (Blocked Crouching)

• If Ken does this at point blank range, you’ll only block the first hit and then he will whiff the next hit and
    you can punish with whatever you like

Mk Tatsu (Blocked Standing)

• St.lp xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…

Mk Tatsu (Blocked Crouching)

• If Ken does this at point blank range, you’ll only block the first hit and then he will whiff the rest and
  • As he sails over you just walk toward him and punish

Rh Tatsu (Blocked Standing)

• St.lp xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • Cl.mp xx…

Rh Tatsu (Blocked Crouching)

• If Ken does this at point blank range, you’ll only block the first hit and then he will whiff the rest and
  • As he sails over you just walk toward him and Cr.mk xx… or you CAN Cl.fp him but the Cr.mk is more reliable and easier

Ex Tatsu (Blocked Standing)

• Cr.lk xx…

EX Tatsu (Blocked Crouching)

• Mk/Rh/EX Sekyutai as he goes over you

• Whatever you like

Ultra 2

• Whatever you like
    [/details]

Makoto: [details=Spoiler]

Info

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Lp Hayate

• Cr.lk xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • St.lp xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • Target Combo 2
  • Target Combo 3
  • Reversal Rekka

Mp Hayate

• Cr.lk xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • St.lp xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • Target Combo 2
  • Target Combo 3
  • Reversal Rekka

Fp Hayate

• Cr.lk xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • St.lp xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • Target Combo 2
  • Target Combo 3
  • Reversal Rekka

EX Hayate

• Cr.lk xx…
  • St.lp xx…

Lk Tsurugi

• St.lk xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • St.lp xx…

Lp Oroshi

• Cr.lk xx…

Ultra 1

• Whatever you like

Ultra 2

• Whatever you like
    [/details]
    M.Bipson(Dictator): [details=Spoiler]
    Info
    Stay at the tip of scissors range during the neutral game. From there threaten with focus and empty jump [leveraging the thought of divekick]. At the tip of scissors range, only one hit will connect on focus and you can release for a crumple. From there protect your space and push him to the corner.

allows a difficult punish on the devil reverse follow up. or if you predict a teleport. poorly spaced ex psycho that passes thru you

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Mk Scissor Kick

• Cr.lk xx…
  • St.lp xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…

Rh Scissor Kick

• Cr.lk xx…
  • St.lp xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • Target Combo 2
  • Target Combo 3
  • EX Sekyutai

EX Scissor Kick

• Cr.lk xx…
  • St.lp xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • Target Combo 2
  • Target Combo 3
  • EX Sekyutai

Psycho Crusher

• If you aren’t point blank when you block this you can punish with Cr.mk xx…

EX Psycho Crusher

• Go into training mode, if Bison does an EX Psycho Crusher from Half a Training Square or further,
    you can punish with Cr.mk xx…

Headstomp

• Dash/Walk under it and punish
  • Walk backwards and punish

Headstomp followup

• Sekyutai as he is coming down
  • St.mk Launcher as he is coming down

EX Headstomp

• Neutral Jump fp beats it clean

Super

• EX Sekyutai

Ultra 1

• Whatever you like

Ultra 2

• Whatever you like

[/details]
    Oni: [details=Spoiler]
    Info

Ultra Choice - Raishin Mahhakken (U1)

Safe Jump
Forward Throw -> dash, pause, j.mk(makes DPs whiff and crosses up sometimes)

Cross-up Dive Kick Setup

Combo xx cr.RH(sweep), dash, NJ, and delay a tinybit lk dive kick. (Makes DP whiff, safe otherwise)

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
-oni forward hp is -10 on block. punish with hp rekka from all but max range, if he does it from closer than your crmk range you can U1 punish
-cross up slash(HK) is -8. you can punish this with U1. EX Slash is -10.
Mk Demon Slash

• Cr.lk xx…

Rh Demon Slash

• Cr.lk xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • St.lp xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • Sweep
  • Target Combo 2
  • Target Combo 3
  • Lk Sekyutai (One hit and Reversal timing)
  • Rekkas

EX Demon Slash

• Cr.lk xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • St.lp xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • Sweep
  • Target Combo 2
  • Rekkas

Lk Sekisei Jiraiken (The Jumping ground pound)

• Cr.lk xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • St.lp xx…
  • Target Combo 2
  • Target Combo 3
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • Cl.mp xx…

Mk Sekisei Jiraiken

• Cr.lk xx…
  • St.lk xx…
  • St.lp xx…

Rh Tatsu (Ducked)

• Walk forward Cr.mk xx…
    [/details]
    Rose: [details=Spoiler]

Info

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Soul Spiral (Blocked point blank)

• St.lk xx…
  • St.lp xx…
  • Cl.mp xx…
  • Cl.fp xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…
  • Cr.lp xx…
  • Sweep
  • Lk Sekyutai
  • EX Sekyutai
  • Ultra

Soul Spiral (Blocked and not spaced properly)

• St.lk xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…

Soul Reflect (lp)

• St.lk xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…

Soul Reflect (hp)

• St.lk xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…

Soul Reflect (EX)

• St.lk xx…

Super

• Dodge and Punish
  • EX Teleport through

Ultra 1

• Whatever you want
  • Dodge and punish
    [/details]
    Rufus: [details=Spoiler]
    Info

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Close Standing Fp

• St.lp
  • St.lk
  • Cr.lp
  • Cr.lk
  • Cr.mk
  • Ex Rekka

Close Standing Rh

• St.lp
  • St.lk
  • Cr.lp
  • Cr.lk
  • Lk DP (Point Blank only)

Messiah Kick (Any version, no followup)

• Punish with anything you like

Messiah Kick (Lk Followup)

• Punish with anything you like

Messiah Kick (Mk Followup)

• Safe on block but you can just interrupt it with Ultra/DP etc if you see him beginning the animation for it

Messiah Kick (Rh Followup)

• Same as the Mk Followup except you have a lot more time to react

[/details]
Ryu: [details=Spoiler]
Info

Safe Jump

Forward Throw -> dash, pause, j.mk(makes DPs whiff and crosses up sometimes)

Cross-up Dive Kick Setup

Combo xx cr.RH(sweep), dash, NJ, and delay a tinybit lk dive kick. (Makes DP whiff, safe otherwise)

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes
Close Standing fp

• Any light attack
  • Ultra 1
  • Ultra 2

Sweep (Point Blank)

• St.lk
  • Cr.mk
  • Sweep
  • EX Sekyutai
  • Any Rekka (Doesn’t have to be Reversal timing)
  • Ultra 1
  • Ultra 2

NOTE: If you block Ryu’s sweep and it isn’t point blank you can still EX Sekyutai and Rekka (Fierce/EX) unless it’s at max range.

Shoryuken

Any Tatsu (Except EX)

• Cl.fp xx…
  • Cl.mk Launcher xx…
  • Cl.lp xx…
  • Cr.mk xx…
  • Cr.lk xx…

Super

• EX Sekyutai
  • EX Dash through and slap for throwing it out for no reason
  • Ultra 2

Ultra 1

• EX Sekyutai
  • EX Dash through
  • Ultra 2 through
  • Ultra 1 through (point blank/in range of your Ultra 1)

Ultra 2

• EX Run through
  • Yang’s Ultra 1 will make it whiff and you both recover at the same time
    [/details]
    Sagat: [details=Spoiler]
    Info
    You can’t react to fireball with HK rollkicks because it’s no longer projectile invincible on startup. HK Roll fadc is a horrible way to get in because you’re -4 and thus punishable. You can use it as a lazy way every so often, but you definetly never should do a command grab afterwards.

Safe Jump

• forward throw, whiff st.mk, jump is a 5 frame safe jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes

[/details]
Sakura: [details=Spoiler]
Info

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes

[/details]
Seth: [details=Spoiler]
Info

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes

[/details]
T.Hawk: [details=Spoiler]
Info

Ultra Choice -

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes

[/details]
Vega(Claw): [details=Spoiler]
Info

whiffed wall dives

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes

[/details]
Yang: [details=Spoiler]
Info

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes

[/details]
Yun: [details=Spoiler]
Info

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes

[/details]
Zangief: [details=Spoiler]
Info

if you up back on his wake up or after a reset and he does PPP lariat or spd you can U2 when you land. if he did ex hand you can hit him with fierce on the way down and still do ultra 2. makes him respect your offense a little more. U1 works as a universal AA on his jumps, but i like the utility of U2 in this match

Safe Jump

Counter Poking

Options Select

Unblockable

Punishes

[/details]

Input? Critique?

Well it’s a lot of work man.

General safe jumps: forward throw, whiff cr.mp, jump is a 5 frame safe jump. VS Sagat and Cammy you whiff s.mk instead.

In the corner, cl.mk, dash, cl.mk, dash, hk rollkicks neutral jump is a 4-frame safe jump if the opponent quick rises with regular timing. If he doesn’t quick rise, whiff cl.mp, neutral j.mk is another safe jump. The dashes are important to get the right height on hk rollkicks and recovery.

After U1, empty forward jump is perfect timing for meaties (even command grab). Double dash jump back mp is an instant overhead vs the taller characters.

After U2 full animation, lk teleport j.hp is a 5-frame safe jump.

I didn’t read the matchup tips you already listed, but this one for Sagat struck me as completely wrong (it’s probably info from vanilla AE):

You can’t react to fireball with HK rollkicks because it’s no longer projectile invincible on startup. HK Roll fadc is a horrible way to get in because you’re -4 and thus punishable. You can use it as a lazy way every so often, but you definetly never should do a command grab afterwards.

Also you can punish all blanka balls with ex rollkicks and mp and hp versions with mk rollkicks.

I’m ashamed to say I didn’t know about this until recently, but in my defense I’m 98.7% sure they changed something about balls in 2012, because I specifically remember testing if Yang could punish and you had to do kara ex slashes.

Vs Honda/T. Hawk/Gief you should make the app switch to the “Bionic Eye Under the Eyepatch” app, which covers Sagat, or the “Wao diary” for Oni.

It could also be a suggestion vs guile, balrog, vega, charge characters in general.

You can find punish info on this page: "Your fighting is predictable..." Yang Match-up Thread

I dont think its alot of work at all. The hard part is actually getting everyone to input information. If that doesnt happen, this dies instantly. Otherwise, the work isnt an issue for me. Ive committed and will stick with it as long as there’s information flowing.

And ive updated with the info you supplied, Thanks otori

yea i have that bookmarked already, was trying to condense it in some way but for now i may do just a copy paste job.

Im down to help. Just let me know what you need help on.

Any info you have that can fill the gaps. Doesnt even have to be all you know, or even concrete for that matter. Any little bit of info helps.

I am going to put safe jumps that work on every char, so if you know what works on every char, list em. Info info info.
If you know for a handful, put those few as well.

I’m starting to learn Yang and this will be beautiful and helpful. I pray that this gets finished because I need as much help as I can get

god forbid you figure things out on your own

It’s hard to figure things out on my own when I don’t have the game for training mode

It’s a stupid statement anyway. Not like any of the people here are top players. We can all improve from the collective effort.

collective effort yes, waiting for people to write everything out for you is not contributing to it. Its why cammy forums went to shit. Everyone just waited for a few people to come up with new setups, matchup specifics, unblockables etc and then just leeched off it and complained about stuff until people wrote them step by step guides on how to do and deal with everything

so how do you play?