Let's try this again - "The Blackbook" In-Depth Character Specifics

Updated with alot of character punishes from other thread. Very messy currently, and a few of the later chars are missing, but i will fill those in later. Still feel like i need to condense the punishes and clean it up, so il do that soon.

Theres some incorrect and missing info…too tired to list all of it but ill tell u a few.

Juri
Ex pinwheel can be u1 punished
all pinwheels (except lk) can be rekka punished on block

Honda
You have to kara ex rekka to get full headbutt punishes

Fei
Use u1
unblockable still works off sweep

Ken
Use U1

Thats really all i looked at so far

'preciate it. Thanks. Im going to use the SSF4AE bits app to get the missing char punishes, and im going to delete alot of the fluff like punishing ultras with whatever u like.

What i would like, and what im going to start doing myself, is to have about 2-3 lines of info for the approach on each matchup. Mine will more then likely be pretty shitty as most matchup experience i have with yang is against Bison and Sagat for the most part. I really dont want people to come into the thread a month from now and see that the character they are about to go up against has no matchup information at all.

Whenever i go to Next Level or when i go to a friends house. I just take the info i read and vids I see to play. I can’t practice safe jumps in training mode or any of that which is why I’m really appreciative of this. Of course I’ll add input whenever I can but I obviously do not know as much as you guys do.

Corner unblockable/fake cross-up/hard to block cross-up:

Forward throw > dash forward and then walk forward slightly > cross-up light dive kick. You should aim for their back, it’s not hard to set up. I’ve been using this against Ibuki, Guile, Akuma and Cody but it actually works against a lot of characters. Hitenryu got this info from Megane’s blog and was posted awhile back in the unblockable thread.

Unblockable on:
Ryu, Ken, Evil Ryu, Makoto, Guile

Fake Cross Up on
Akuma, Sakura, Yun, Yang, Ibuki, Dan, Abel, Fei Long, Gen, Cody, Guy, Hakan

Crosses Up
Adon, Gouken, Claw, Oni, Dictator

^Thanks. Found the thread too, il update with the info on monday as i work all through the weekend

you guys really think its worth compiling unblockables/reverse blockables considering they wont be useful in ultra?

Considered that. The way i see it, the unblockables are pretty good cross-up setups anyway, so when ultra drops, il just change it to that

concerning the corner teleport mix up: "rekka rekka fadc cl.mk mp palm cr.lk xx lk dash"
has anyone compiled a list on which characters u stay in front/go behind? if not ill do it as soon as im home.

If you do, i will most certainly add that as well xD

corner: rekka rekka fadc cl.mk palm cr.lk xx lk dash

front:
Ryu, Ken, Ibuki, Dudley, Seth, Akuma, Dan, Oni, Guy, Cody, Deejay, M.Bison (Dictator), C.Viper, Evil Ryu, Balrog, T.Hawk

behind:
E.Honda, Makoto, Gouken, Gen, Sakura, Yang, Hakan, Cammy, Sagat, Abel, Dhalsim, Chun-Li, Juri, Yun, Guile, Blanka, Zangief, Rufus, El Fuerte, Vega (Claw), Fei Long, Adon, Rose

As someone who doesn’t have access to training mode, I really appreciate all of this information. Thanks a ton guys.

added a lil more, will add more tonight. Gotta reorganize again.

General advice for Dictator section:
Stay at the tip of scissors range during the neutral game. From there threaten with focus and empty jump [leveraging the thought of divekick]. At the tip of scissors range, only one hit will connect on focus and you can release for a crumple. From there protect your space and push him to the corner.

^Thanks.
Update: Slowly but surely working on it all.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/gordominicano/ScreenShot2014-03-21at122037AM.png

Keep feeding me info!

This is pretty obvious but since Ken’s low MK > fireball is a really bad block string, you can focus the fireball and dash forward to punish. (If you block the low mk and you know he will do a fireball afterward) It even works if he does it point blank.

After ending a combo in lp rekkas midscreen dash forward then mk teleport and it should avoid mashed dps and some ultras

Added both, thanks! I appreciate the tidbits, it all really helps.

Would you happen to know exactly which ultras it works on?

Il have to test it more but i know it beats ryus u1