Let Me Know When the Fight Starts!: The MvC3 X-23 Video Thread

[media=youtube]RMH8FUhbbUo[/media]

Meterless level 3 X-factor 100% combo
Dirtnap into meterless 100% combo x2

Level 3 X-Factor needs a bit of a tone-down lol. Very nice.

DevilJin01 highlighted them on JustinTV but here’s a Youtube link of Tatsu’s X-23: [media=youtube]_WVLqNESHpA&feature=channel_video_title[/media]

EDIT: More X-23 stuff, this time from Chris King: http://www.justin.tv/theboxarena/b/282408477

Skip to 1:01:30. This is more or less how I want to use X-23 offence-wise; using assists to back her up and allowing her more lee-way in what she can do mix-up wise. Again, I think this is the key. He also used a lot of movement around the screen and used Neck Slicer, Mirage Feint and wavedashes to get around pushblocking. I think this is a good example of X-23 play.

Awesome video, Vegit814. I love the title, lol. Only thing I can see stopping that assault is an invincible air super like Hard Drive or Morrigan Lv3.

I’m gonna be honest, the Tatsu and Chris King videos didn’t impress me at all. Too many people are relying on Talon Dive L to get in like Tatsu, and it is unsafe to do unless you have some assist to cover it. All your opponent has to do is dodge and punish. Same goes for down H in air really, which Chris King was just overusing. I think her safest approach is Neck Slice (cover the start-up with an assist and beware of full-screen supers, obviously) and careful wavedashing, and I don’t see enough of it.

Also, I think Tron assist is pretty much the #1 way to boost X-23’s game, but Chris King wasn’t using it effectively.

Maybe I’ll record some of my ranked matches and post online, I’m interested to hear what people think of my play style.

Damn, thats a nice sequence.

So after seeing that video Vegit posted, I decided to go into the lab and try it myself. While it looks sick and everything, there are some restrictions. This sequence will only work on higher health character such as those shown in the video, Tron and Wesker. In training mode I did this against Cpt. America, Ryu and Iron Man. I took out the Captain perfectly fine, but after the first lvl 3 hits, otg with AS and I take out Ryu, I didn’t have enough meter for the next lvl 3…lvl 3 xfactor does too much damage lol. Great find, but it looks like it’s completely dependent on your opponents team. I’ll continue to play around with though.

my buttons were effed up the entire first match so this is kind of a sucky video :frowning:

but i really like my team of x-23 deadpool sentinel. lots of broken potential!

woooo tatsu in teh x-23 Forums =o

i hate using deadpool or i wouldve X-Copied your team xD

I agree, it’s best to use assists to cover both of those attacks. In down+H’s case, you can super jump during an assist and confuse them on which way to block, however it’s probably something that should be used sparingly. It’s a bit annoying that X-23 needs assist to do ANYTHING lol, but that’s the way the character works so I kinda have to get used to it.

And I would to see your vids online because geez, I can’t play this character online at all lol.

I recorded a couple of corner resets I’ve been giddy about last night but didn’t edit the video together yet. Camera battery died so I put it on the charger and I’ll try to record some of my ranked matches tonight.

I’m not gdlk or anything but I feel like I’m doing some things with X-23 that I haven’t seen anywhere else yet.

I think I’ll do kind of a Maximillian-style video where I commentate along with the matches, although I don’t have his Nicholas Cage good looks. haha

Some of My Online Player Matches.

[media=youtube]wLDj8GeVcTU[/media]
[media=youtube]F8wJj46ayNg[/media]
[media=youtube]k2P8xe52OeY[/media]
[media=youtube]ck8LBAYkyYY[/media]

P.S. Deadpool is such a fun character

Some very solid X-23 play in these videos from the SRK front page:

[media=youtube]siEcM01cLDM&feature=player_embedded[/media]
[media=youtube]16KfyJsc0Lw&feature=player_embedded[/media]
YouTube - JimmyP vs Sanford @ Battlefield Arcadia: THE GODSARC
[media=youtube]-DwV2LCivxQ&feature=player_profilepage"[/media]

I added some videos to my previous post, but this one is worth mentioning individually because JimmyP does something I have never seen before. Look at the combo starting at the 2:45 mark. He ends an air combo with Talon Dive L and then uses an exchange whiff to relaunch… I didn’t think that was possible. Very innovative stuff here.

YouTube - JimmyP vs Zabi @ Battlefield Arcadia: THE GODSARC

^
Looked like it was Taskmaster’s assist, but I dunno how he got it to hit.

Oh wow, I see that now. Task’s assist is slow, that’s why he’s able to call it and then use Talon Dive M to cross up. It’s really smart, I’ve never seen anything like it, although I guess you could do it with Sentinel.

Actually I do that all the time with Chris. The thing is to call the assist when you’re in the air just before the talon dive, not when you’re on the ground.

During a super jump state? It looks like it would only work if you did it during the launcher on the ground. That’s what JimmyP did, it seems.

Ah that would have been cool if you could Whiff the AE. I going to check to see if its possible tonight

Not during a super jump. I’m talking about a regular jump followed by a medium talon dive.

More X-23 play.

[media=youtube]ls-KRZ_eFvo&feature=channel_video_title[/media]
[media=youtube]U_RcHTqN3ZQ&feature=channel_video_title[/media]

Good shit to 10stars gettin 4th, south f’n jerz