Killer Instinct thread (zbattle)

But KI-wise, I wouldn’t expect anythin more on Kaillera than random button mashers, and the occasional novice player.

Plus Kaillera is slow as hell… Zbattle owns =)

Kaillera sucks as a client in general. Zbattle >>>>>>>> Kaillera in every way possible.

Liek 100000 tiems bettar lol !!11oneoneone

-_- its only because kaillera is a server base and zsnes is p2p that zsnes is faster

Yes. If only zbattle was more like Battle.net, then it would be the perfect SNES gamin client, period.

that is a VERY minor reason why kaillera is so bad. more like the netcoding is so fucking terrible, and having master serves in the middle making that horrible netcode even worse =)

Do you mind explaining what you mean by that?

Hey Redeyedol! I hope you got my message over aim!

Yep, I did. Hopefully I’ll get to play you sometime soon. :wink:

Dude, this whole Kaillea=crap/netcode issue is really hot with you isn’t it? Didn’t you get it out of your system in the Last Blade 2 thread?

I personally don’t see anything wrong with Kaillera. Yes, ZBattle is simple, but so is Kaillera. It isn’t slow at all, and as long as you can play the game on one of the clients, why should it even matter?

/GX

No I did not. They failed to come up with a proper reasoning. And there rnt many things wrong with kaillera’s “netcode.” If you have a descent connection and play with higher connection settings on non-emulinker servers, its as good as its gona get over the net.

Wait a minute… I think I get it now. Are you a member of the Open Kaillera dev team?

Argh, zbattle has been down for like almost 3 days now. It better be workin again soon… :annoy:

i never responded cuz ive explained it so many times. there are so many better examples of online play. honestly, i dont feel like wasting my breath again. if you know anything about networking on a higher level than a consumer level, its pretty obvious the netcode is atrocious

I think it’s funny that you’ve put a lot of work (p2p client) into essentially disproving your argument here. Unless your definition of “kaillera” isn’t the same as mine.

With that in mind, props on the p2p client. It’s a serious improvement over public servers, and I’m really grateful.

When you stare at something for long enough, you tend to see things of it others don’t but you tend to get lost into it at the same time. I can still back most of what I said minus all the ranting minus the “its as good as its gona get over the net” part. But I’d have to insert “server/client architecture” somewhere in that statement for it to make sense and thats just what its all about. I still think kaillera’s netcode is bloody perfect but its a pure server/client system and like it or not it comes with all the good as well as all the bad things of server/client systems. The same applies to p2p systems. Try designing something that can connect 6 peers purely via some peer to peer system to run a 6 player beat them up emulated rom. Its not impossible but its totally dumb if you want to minimize complexity of end hosts/delay for individual players/bandwidth consumption. Not to mention that you’d have to put up with spikes of all 5 of your peers for packet delays and losses between each of the peers. A Kaillera server will do it as easily as it runs any 1 player game. But of course, a server becomes redundant using that way of thinking if there are only 2 players and you can make a lot of assumptions to reduce delay/bandwidth consumption. After all, ping is round trip time. But exceptions such as half the round trip time between peers being more than their pings on a server isn’t an impossibility. But well…lets not dig up old siht.

I didn’t mention it to be a wise-ass or dredge up anything. I just thought it was ironic that you were arguing so forcefully that nothing was wrong, and you wound up fixing what so many people were bitching about. I know what you meant when you said the “netcode” wasn’t broken though.