Killer Instinct thread (zbattle)

kindst.chd is the main image file required for KI to run on MAME. I can’t help you with that here, as this site forbids it. Sorry man. But you should give the SNES version a try - it’s really worth it in the long run. Here’s a lil summary I sent someone in a PM earlier when they asked me about the SNES version:

Hope to see you on zbattle. :wgrin:

I’d like to see that happen vs me. Bring it on, kids. =P

Oh yeah, I finally got to face Combo. Apparently, the scene has both a Combo and a Combo2. Combo2 is easily the better one, though. Unfortunately, Combo seemed really rusty and outta it, so I smashed him completely. Hopefully he’ll get back in shape again. Also, Magnifico and I played a couple days ago. He said my TJ Combo was a rapist. XD

yo

you forgot to add one person. da best of everyone so leet you think he’s chuck norris himself: Baalpeteor

Haha, I saw your trashtalkin on Youtube. Come face me on zbattle, man - I’ll be glad to knock you down flat. :wink:

Thanks for backing me up, Lee. But yeah, I am retired.

And Eyedol, to give you some perspective, I was at Atmos’ level, he did train me after all.

And while like me, no longer plays… Ichinisan deserves to be on that list. He’s an OLD player from long ago. Was my rival until he quit.

Hmmm… perhaps you were at Atmos’ level like you said. Then that would be a real shame, since you’re now retired and all. I was hopin to someday face you. :wasted:

…I asked BentLeeT about Ichinisan, and he said that name doesn’t ring a bell. I should find out more about him, his name seems interestin enough already, lol.

Yeah, Ich was from sooo long ago. 2-3 years atleast. He was a former Xbander if I remember correctly. Ah, Bent…we had some good matches…

Which reminds me of Berserker, but there’s another one, and he’s not the one you see on now… Wonder what happened to him.

And also, Rushed was indeed good… Don’t know if he still is, but he was.

Someone who recently came back from a year-long break or so also mentioned Beserker, but he told me the Beserker right now isn’t the same guy. I wonder what other good players are absent from the scene? I heard Fultz was good, but I never got around to playin him before.

I just finished playin Unknown (the zbattle admin), and let me tell you, for someone who hasn’t played KI in 4 months, I am impressed!! For the first several matches, I kept ownin him, mostly because he was choosin random and was warmin up, too. Eventually, he started doin better, and soon enough, he decided to stick to just Cinder (his best). He’s a very defensive player, but is very fast and has incredible keep-away abilities. Therefore, it was very difficult to get near him, and I had to be very cautious when fightin him. Accordin to what he told me, he had adapted a new style with Cinder, since he considered his old style somewhat cheap. So I chose random characters against him, to which he fought very well. He even gave my Orchid and Riptor a very hard time. So I eventually decided to stick to my best as well - Combo. From then on, we had an enormous amount of matches, and the score was quite even. Sometimes he would own me, and sometimes I would own him. But the matches were often close, and a lot of the times, I was saved by my very annoyin dizzyin skills. I started to get a bit sloppy later on, though; my fingers were sweaty and I was sometimes rushin things, so I kept screwin up my extra-long unbreakable. In the end, we decided to make it best out of 5, and he won (somewhat cheaply lol… damn Cinder dizzy glitch…) 3 to 2. In total, we played for about 3 hours straight, and I definitely improved a bunch just from playin him alone. There was some lag here and there, but it wasn’t bad enough to make hardcore play impossible. It makes me wonder just how damn good he would be if he decided to get back in the KI zb scene again. Most definitely someone I’d play again, and someone who shouldn’t be underestimated, even by the best of players. I hope to see him on zbattle more often, lookin for more hardcore KI.

I also believe he is deservin of proper recognition as an elite KI player, so I’m addin him to the best on zbattle list.

P.S. - I’m also addin SIN to the list. He’s now a very good player, and although he’s still got a lot more to learn, he’s finally proved himself worthy of a spot on that list.

Hmm, so far I haven’t found any new great players, but for anyone interested in fightin novice - average level players, here’s a couple people I’d recommend:

$ERNIE$
RICHY (he’s only 11yrs old!!)
monkiguy
Rubby
bladerunne

I would recommend fightin these guys if the pros are too much for you. They aren’t button mashers, and at least they seem to got the basics down. It’s always good to learn how to walk before learnin how to run, and these guys would be decent trainin for anyone novice/average in KI.

Hey, I was just wonderin if there are any former X-Band players here. I know Mr. Wizard was one of the top KI players on both X-Band and at the arcades, but I heard he quit KI. SaBrE was formerly known as Cyber Crip (U*D) on X-Band, but that’s about the only guy on zbattle who I know has experience on X-Band. Any others?

told you unknown was hella good

Yeah. I played him another time, too, but I won a lot that time (he was usin Spinal). Still good regardless.

I might give it a go again. I might record some matches for youtube also.
Just msn me.

Wow, another Toronto player. Hope to see you online. =D

damn killer instinct im gonna get back in this first let me get teh znes or w.e would anyone like to lay me im not sure how it works but any takers?

Maybe. I forgot about this thread… I mostly play it on kaillera with snes9k00z but I’ll dl zsnes again and try it out this week/weekend.

I used to play snes mostly back in the day. I used to think I was good cause I knew all types of crazy combos with like every character but from what I know now I didn’t know any advanced shit at all. I was about 13 when I was playing and it was just pretty much locally with friends.

Anyway is there a good thread with detailed strats and stuff for the snes killer instinct? I’m actually looking to get into it now cause I see that people are playing. Plus I havent played the game in like 10 years so it would be nice to brush up on some shit.

No one really plays KI on Kaillera. The real KI SNES scene is on zbattle, so you’ll have a lot more to look forward to than on Kaillera.

I know zbattle is where snes players hang around, I just haven’t gotten around to it again. That and I really don’t like ZSNES’s DOS based format… >_>

DOS based format? Well, the older versions were DOS based, but the new versions all run in windows, and although the GUI interface doesn’t look quite modern, the emulator runs much better than most others out there. Anyway, for online play, ONLY get either ZSNES version 1.36 or 1.42, as those are the only versions used for such.