KILL! The Urien SFV thread!

It’d be great if his v-skill was a 1 hit reflector that functioned like a parry or blew back a fireball on top of his Aegis V-trigger.

I don’t see headbutt being his v-skill because each version had it’s uses.
Maybe they will reduce the charge time on headbutt or make it a hold button charge, that would be interesting.

V-trigger: Aegis
Critical: Tyrant
V-Skill: Headbutt(corpse hops)
V-Reversal: ground pound win taunt

Cr.HP, AA Metallic Sphere, EX chariot, chariot xx Aegis

I feel like Urien will become some sort of juggle expert:

V-Trigger: enhanced temporary state which leads to all his special moves doing slightly more damage and not adding juggle points anymore
Critical Art: Aegis Reflector which, on hit, resets the juggle counter to zero. (edit: I feel we have only 1 critical art right now which leads to mix ups(dhalsim) and since the other dlc characters probably dont offer that, I’d bet money AR will be his critical art)

Tyrant Slaughter will be the EX version of Chariot Tackle (optionally extended like Nashs ex fireball)
Temporal Thunder will be EX Fireball

On an entirely different discussion:
I want to main Urien as soon as he comes (right now I am: no matter how he turns out, Im maining that banana hammock guy), yet I had really a lot of fun with Gief in Beta phase 3.
Maining Gief doesnt seem like a good preparation for switching to urien later on. Should I try switching to something a little more offensive, or at least not command grab based?
Ken? Karin? maybe even Vega? Any opinion is appreciated :smiley:

If his charge times are the same as Necalli’s, he should work well enough without becoming a motion character or having charge partitioning.

and his V-skill could be a ground pound akin to that of Potemkin from Guilty Gear. No dmg and quick enough start up, gives a hard knock down but is easily punishable if abused.

As for Aegis Reflector, As someone who looks to main Urien(at least until Sagat returns) I’d like it to be a V-trigger, because that leaves it to be a lot more accessible. But realistic, it will be a critical art because it leaves more risk to the user using it takes away some of his options in the case their Aegis mix up doesn’t kill

:o KrazE I-D a: what if both V-trigger and critical art where Aegis. It could lead to some beautiful double Aegis bullshit =)

Make every button Aegis.

thread Title should be “Crush Kill Destroy Swag”. Also I would like to see them implement his metal body as a legit mechanic or part of the gameplay in someway. That’d be cool. And like everyone else said Ageis reflector or riot. Also keep him I his original outfit. I want to see how people react to that.

This would be too sick.

I’m really excited for Urien – having Aegis reflector is almost a given I feel. I’m fan girling thinking about the potential knockdown pressure with high/low mixups from his Aegis reflector. I just hope they allow him to go ham with juggle combos like 3S.

Capcom knows how much people love aegis, if they don’t give it to him…

I may duck this site for a while lmao

The juggle with his fireball maybe only with ex fireball so you will have to commit and risk one bar and then hit with the regular tackle, in this case Aegis Reflector should be his V-trigger so you don’t have to sacrifice your Aegis setups for previous combos using ex specials.

As Aegis being V-trigger it may be 2 bars-single use so you can fill it quickly. I haven’t played 3s a lot but with one aegis at a time I think it fullfills the Urien’s mixups page OK, and since it is a mix up tool where you have to land it with a previous setups most of the times to make it useful, being a 3 bars V-trigger may take too long to build, you may finde yoursefl with low hp and don’t have the chance to land a setup properly.

Make no mistake, his juggles will be nerfed, but I don’t think they will disappear. He will lose stuff like: cr.fierce- short tackle- short tackle- st.fierce in the corner, but will keep cr.fierce- ex tackle- short tackle- st.fierce.

His crouching fierce makes no sense without at least a juggle after either

I feel that this time most of his juggle potential will be tied to his ex specials rather than any single normal move. This is good news because Aegis would be tied to the V-gauge, meaning you can manage using both simultaneously without limiting one or the other.

Hence why I don’t think c.fierce will be a juggle. Perhaps his V-skill would replace it as the ‘normal’ that causes a juggle state (let’s presume it is headbutt for now) on hit.

I don’t think diagonal sphere will juggle either, but ex diagonal sphere will and that seems more fair in the context of SF5.

Speaking of sphere, now that the technology is up for it I hope that visually it is a truly a metallic and reflective sphere now. Something like this, but maybe copper/bronze colored like Urien’s metallic skin.

Also like someone else said you won’t need really need charge partioning. If his charge times remain short, you would still be able to hit ex tackle into tackle at least. Especially if the former is a mini-tyrant slaughter, which means you would have enough time to charge during its animations.

Intro: transformation has a close up of his face as it changes from pale skin and blonde hair to metallic bronze with platinum white locks. Keeps his suite on to fight.

Specials/Ex: Completely agree that his Super Arts (tyrant destroyer & Jupiter thunder) based from his specials (chariot tackle & metallic sphere) should now be the Ex for those specials. His specials could use a small update too.

Chariot Tackle: Give his HK version a follow up tackle option but have longer recovery like Hulk’s gamma charges.
Metallic Sphere: Give his angled versions (MP & HP) a parabolic arch, doubling their active time on screen.
On the way up they could juggle (during V-Trigger) but on the way down they should act as overheads (if delayed).
Also let delaying his projectile shorten his recovery time for follow up fun.
Violent Knee Drop: Made a little more useful as a follow up.
Terra Strike: That “ground pound” taunt as a new special; A means to stagger grounded foes in neutral (st. or cr.) and hard knockdown foes already in hit stun.

V-Skill: Taking the Headbutt allows for a new special to be utilized while streamlining its own effectiveness.
V-Reversal: Terra Geyser (or Gaia Spiral), is his spiral column win animation. Its use destroys his suite.
V-Trigger: creates a short lived Aegis, a depleting gauge that can create another Aegis and boosts his special’s juggle/dmg until gauge is empty.

CA: creates a longer lasting Aegis that has (1 of 3 short) cinematic finishes (with added dmg) based on moves used (or dmg tier) with it.
-Metallic Sphere has Urien use a point blank Jupiter Thunder to crush smash foe against ending Aegis.
-Chariot Tackle has Urien use a point blank Tyrant Destroyer to kill smash foe threw ending Aegis.
-Aegis Reflector has Urien use a point blank Terra Geyser to destroy smash foe and remaining Aegis. Its use destroys his suite.

P.S. I vote for renaming thread to “Crush. Kill. Destroy. Swag! The SFV Urien Thread” in spite of the meme.

Why is it so impossible for him to keep his old look from III? Every time I see someone make a little write-up for him they mention him keeping the suit on.

Definitely V-Trigger. His CA should be some version of his SA1 from 3S where he electrocutes the opponent. It could function like Poison’s U1 where it triggers the cinematic no matter where on the screen it connects.

Edit: Give him his business suit from 3S a la Seth. I don’t wanna see a nude rapist in SF anymore!

What?!? Urien’s SA1 was Tyrant Slaughter, which is basically just a string of Chariot Tackles into a lariat.

Whhhhoooops, sorry, I meant SA2. But it could also be a combination of the two SA’s with him tackling and "shock"ing the opponent continuously.

Do you not realize how fucking badass would it be with him ripping his suit apart midfight upon activating CA or VT?

Well in today’s western gaming culture. That just wont fly here in the west. Then again does anyone really give a damn when a male character is portrayed in such a way? They should just use classic Urien. I want to see people’s reaction or more so their lack of reaction. because again, who gives a fuck if a man is portrayed in such a way, am I right?

I think it would be great to keep him in the Thong if anything just to shut up the SJW Feminazi’s.