KILL! The Urien SFV thread!

I think Tyrant Slaughter will be the ex version of chariot tackle. There is a precedence for taking supers and turning them into ex specials in SFV. Temporal Thunder could work as CA an would synergize with VT Aegis nicely, but it too could become an ex special easily.

I think he will probably get a new super or Aegis CA. If Aegis ends up being the CA I can see the VT being a mechanic buff like Bison’s to reduce charge times.

Only thing that worries me about him being charge is that there doesn’t seem to be charge partitioning in this game

That’s why he won’t be charge. To be honest his moves weren’t so amazing that they needed to be charged. His tackle was punishable and his headbutt was no where near good enough to warrant being a charge move. He’ll be motion almost 90% guaranteed unless they do charge partitioning just for him or a really reduced charge time.

Aegis Reflector as his V-Skill. 1 block of meter per reflector.

BRING IT!!!

I could actually see a V-Trigger utilizing his iron body power, giving him some super armor and higher damage for a limited amount of time.

Charge times have been reduced in SF5. The fact that his moves weren’t ‘amazing’ in SF3 as you say, doesn’t reflect badly on the charge inputs because that wasn’t the problem with them. It also doesn’t mean that his moves won’t be amazing in SF5. Urien should remain a predominantly charge character for the same reasons why Ryu should remain motion, then Capcom should work around that and build a good set of normals, command normals, and specials.

It doesn’t matter though, I think we should all reconcile ourselves with the fact that SF5 Urien will play nothing like he was in SF3, and will largely feel like a new character, or at best a resemblant of his former self.

Zangief shot gunned that shit.

I think Zangief’s VT is a good model for how Urien’s should be. He can throw out several in rapid succession to create a wall, or pace his usage for maximum control. His other 2 supers are unimpressive and should be EX moves.

He’s not getting juggles off of sphere, not without parry, why would he? how does it fit into capcoms Esports model?
50% life gone because you jumped, that no other character can do or cannot defend against unless you don’t jump, look at dhalsim i mean look how they have butchered his midrange and long range game because they are so scared of scrubs whining about him outzoning them being dull or frustrating to fight against.

So i don’t see how losing 50% or lets say in sf5 case 30% fit’s into there grand scheme of things, i mean if you can butcher dhalsims gameplan which was a genuine gameplan a genuine playstyle just to try and fit into this esports shit i dont see how urien get’s away with being pretty derp, especially with no parry which i always thought made AA sphere pretty fair.

I can see him being a completely different character all together, be interesting to see what they do though, i was a long time urien user i used to place pretty well with him back in the day but i never actually enjoyed using him, it was always a case of using him to get wins rather than using him because i enjoyed his style or tools, i must be the only person that found aegis boring, he was a much better rounded character in cfj and he didn’t even need aegis in that game

I wanna take bets. gimme the over-under on them ditching charge inputs and giving him a command grab.

To be fair from a CC anti-air b. FP Dhalsim can get like 40% for 1 EX bar with the combo JWong found. Which means he will probably get the nerf bat because god forbid in SF you can’t jump and risk more then 10% of your health.

V-Skill - Special Overhead. It also had the same input (MP+MK) in Third Strike

V-Trigger - Aegis Reflector. Allows Urien to use the Aegis Reflector move, limiting his opponent’s space and creating opportunity for relentless pressure. His V-Gauge has 2 bars, the gauge upon activation becomes a timer, the placement of a Reflector does not drain the bar itself. He’s allowed to have a maximum of 2 reflectors at once

V-Reversal - his Spartan Bomb normal throw from Third Strike. Urien grabs his opponent and smashes him into the ground, causing a hard knockdown upon impact. Players will have to choose between creating a setup for further pressure or saving the V-Gauge for V-Trigger

Critical Art - his win pose from Third Strike. Urien smashes the ground with his fist, causing it to shake beneath authentic opponent and creates a massive vertical burst of lava/Fire, engulfing his opponent in it and sending him spiralling upwards, while Urien himself stands inside it and burns his regular attire (whichever he is using in this game, like his suit). Upon the completion, Urien remains in his classic white thong for the rest of the match

His V-skill can easily become Headbutt. It can satisfy the purpose of the V-skill (counter for projectiles) while giving him an attack. Maybe too similar to Cammy’s except it won’t cross-up. It would be optimial to do this actually, as it will free him up to get new specials.

Doesn’t like every character that has an upward angled HK get around 25-30% from an anti-air CC, at least with a bar? Even then, I know off hand that Gief has CC elbow to EX air spd and Necalli has CC cr.HP to EX dp. I’d say those cover the same approach as an AA sphere would, minus neutral jumps, but are easier access as they don’t require a read. Just a conservative guess at some damage values, but if sphere deals 60, EX tackle 120 and say LK tackle 80, he would get 232 damage from that sequence. I think that’s pretty reasonable.

If people are worried that he’d have access to too high juggle damage they could make his V-Trigger a combined install/activation. He throws out an aegis when he pops it and also gets access to better juggle properties for a while. That way, you’d keep that dynamic where some 3S characters are only scary with super but it’d be VT instead, while still keeping things suitably boring to be consistent with the rest of Street Fighter V.

25-30% seems pretty standard though I’d argue Dhalsim’s is easier to get for various reasons so it being higher damage is actually really good.

For Urien, I don’t see how that would be unfair. It is looking like Dhalsim might get some anti-air stuff form his fireball so I don’t see why Urien wouldn’t. No reason 30% would be unfair especially given characters like cammy and Necalli can get in for free if they read it like Makoto could blow him up for it in 3S.

I think it’s totally fair. If they keep his normals somewhat intact it’s pretty hard to imagine how he’d be able to have reliable confirms. I guess they could give him a st.mp, st.mp link but I don’t think so. If all his specials are unsafe he will need some more inventive ways to fish for damage, so even getting 35% off of an aa sphere for 1 bar seems fair to me. Either that or make his v-trigger ridiculous.

I just realized that because they hate horizontal fireballs his v-skill is somewhat likely to be sphere. That way they can keep it at a single angle.

Eh shoto’s have them and his normals are bad so I could see him keeping it. Probably something more like his old taunt that knocked down would be his v-skill or something new altogether.

My idea is that his V-Skill is like Fullgore’s in KI and it gives him automatically replenished meter for a period of time, and it builds up like regular meter on top of that when you land a hit or do a special or whatever. So, this would allow him to do shit like EX Shoulder, do another Shoulder, cancel into Aegis, and continue the juggle. That would give him the Quote Unquote “Hype and Rage” style combos people want from him.

Without V-Trigger I could see him keeping one of his juggle BNB’s in corner; the Launcher, HK Shoulder, LP Fireball, HK Shoulder, st.HP one. That’s the one dudes use if they can’t charge partition.

Ye, maybe not. Though, I’d say the safest prediction is that if you like Urien, and want a character that plays like Urien, you’re in for a disappointment.

V-Trigger is Aegis, period. It’s the only way it can work.
activate with back, neutral, forward for 3s LP, MP, HP version, and up+HP+HK for the PP version

V-Skill: true 3s parry j/k as I said somewhere in the past, use his fire pillar winning pose as an attack. Short range and very punishable on whiff but ignores armor, absorbs fireballs and knocks down on hit. It would be a spice of something new

CA: Tyrant Punish. He’ll need it.

i think it’d be cool if his v-skill was that metallic sphere charge(i don’t know exactly what it is, basically the super-long startup version of metallic sphere where he has electricity running through his hands) that boosted that damage of his specials. think r. mika’s v-skill except it applies to all of his specials and without the armor and projectile.