Kibbles n' Bits: The Amaterasu Combo Thread

because of the randomness of the damage from okami shuffle, it’s probably better to just list the damage without the super.

anyways, my mistake, version C is supposed to have 2S instead of 2C at the beginning. also, you can’t j© after a side wall bounce, so i posted it wrong in my original post. i’ll fix it now.

for a side EC, just backdashing and doing 236(A) does 475K and doing j©, land, 214A does 472K
for up EC, the only follow up into super is j©, super for 457K.
for down EC, j©, land, 236(A) does 486K.
doing version A as listed, it does 454K before super.
doing your combo as listed, it does 448K.

the only reason for doing up ECs is to go into a level 3 but they start to guess your ECs right, in which case you might as well do the combo you posted (6K damage difference, negligible)

this is all in the corner btw. and my apologies if i’m acting a bit bigheaded, it’s been a long day -__-

Ah! My apologies. There’s supposed to be a charged Thunder Edge in there after you land, before the heavies. It should be doing 498.6K. Although, you can’t connect :s: from :qcf::l: there against some characters if you started too close to them (or against wesker at all) so you have to add a :m: between them, but then it only goes down to 487.1K.

[media=youtube]CkurRPcsalA[/media]

Don’t worry about it. I’ve been pretty stubborn myself.

This is a cool reset. But,

[media=youtube]LSO0oXwtbjY[/media]

I think I like this one a bit more. Heh.

man. find your own resets! haha.

but anyways, i’ll probably start doing yours in matches now, but it’s probably good to know both combos just in case you need that extra meter to level 3 or something

I have actually been using that reset for some time, I just used your ender there because honestly your ender looks cool. Normally after I go for a reset like that I go straight to the throw combo w/ assists I posted towards the beginning of this thread, and if need be, cancel Okami Shuffle to Bionic Maneuvers (but that’s really never necessary).

Thanks for the awesome stuff so far everyone. I have a few organizational questions:

1.) Is it worth including a few x-factor combos? I originally didn’t think so because Ammy doesn’t get a speed boost from it so there are no “new” combos per se aside from using it as a cancel.

2.) Do you think it would be better to organize combos in terms of starters/enders?

3.) Is the consensus that exchange whiff cancel combos are worth adding?

Thanks again everyone. :slight_smile:

uh i posted a day one 100% combo and it’s probably the only time i’ll really ever use xfactor.

[media=youtube]FrwxbI6xj-c[/media]

but honestly, you can just xfactor in the middle of any combo and it’ll work.

1. probably something like:
    disc only
    sword only
    beads only
    weapon switch
    throw setups
    post throw combos
    with assists

and then list the damage without okami shuffle (but making sure that all combos are actually comboable into them)

as for exchange cancels, it’s always gonna be good to know them at least, especially if you’re gonna be doing resets so you have different set ups

accidentally double posted, so heres some throw follow ups instead:

[media=youtube]AC7PFUlnCqM[/media]

[media=youtube]j56Ag8Aqlps[/media]

Here’s a variation of the midscreen reflector combo:

c.:l::m::h: :f:+:h:x4 xx :qcb::l:, :m::h: :f:+:h:x5 :s: sj. :m::m::h::h::h: xx :qcf::h: (land) c.:h: :f:+:h:x5 :s: sj. :h::s:
Damage: 444,500
Meter gain: 1.85 bars
I use fewer :f:+:h: hits in the beginning to make sure the combo doesn’t drop. The last :f:+:h: set needs to be delayed between the hits.

EDIT: Seems like the :m: link after the :qcb::l: is character specific. In this case, use c.:l::m::h: :f:+:h:x5 :s:. Builds about 1.5 bars, but deals < 400k.

Glaive combo 5 does 512,700 damage before the super, 700-740k damage after. Net meter gain is zero.
Off c.:l:c.:m:c.:h: xx :qcf::l:, :l::s:, the same combo does 451,700 damage before the super, 640-675k after. Net meter gain is around -0.05.

Hey,

The instant overhead combo you’ve listed does about 485k (give or take, with the random factor of Shuffle) and builds +/- 0.0 net meter

On the subject of resets. A normal throw combo in the corner with Ammy can be done to deal good damage.

Starting with Glaive
j.:h: |> :m: :h: :d::h: :qcf::l: :s: sj.:qcf::h: j.[:h:] |> :qcf:[:l:] :h: :d::h: :qcf::l:, jump to air throw, |> :h: :d::h: :qcf::l: :s: sj.:qcf::h: j.[:h:] |> :qcf:[:l:] :h: :d::h: :qcf::l: :qcf::atk::atk: Gains just over 2 - 1 meter, does 1.04 to 1.055 million.

[media=youtube]aqu_RB5SQNU[/media]

Wow, that’s really sick Stark!

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any tips on hitting the Okami repeated upon itself trick. It’s weird, you’d think if our character was, like, the new Cable with this trick, it would be the talk of the town. But I don’t even see it mentioned! The OHVBxn? LOL

Anyway Ive gotten a 2nd Shuffle, but never a 3rd. Seems like you have to catch a very small window to df+C, and not necc wait for them to land before you do it. I’m sure in most situations it’s not worth the meter, but as a way to kill off a character or finish off a won fight, seems priceless! Anyone have this figured out?

Glaive Chop actually has the ability to floor bounce, but also “isn’t supposed to fail.” Using it will restore your ability to floorbounce. At the same time, though, if you let it go through to the end, it won’t floorbounce, and they’ll be launched by the spike, which you cancel to Okami Shuffle.

Anyway, j.:df::h: will only floorbounce airborne enemies. If they’re OTG, they’ll roll out, and if they’re standing, they’ll just be staggered. After your Okami Shuffle, you need to j.:df::h: immediately, because once they’ve finished landing, it’s not valid anymore.

The third repetition of Okami Shuffle is the last one you can do, as the normal timing to cancel Glaive Chop to Okami Shuffle stops being valid after the second instance. To get it to connect a third time, don’t wait for the spike on landing, cancel it immediately. They’ll be floorbounced and stunned long enough for it to work. (Or you can go to Okami Shuffle straight from j.:df::h: in order to make use of the sinking into the ground glitch.)

Note that you can’t always get three reps. You need to have there be enough hitstun to let you hit that second Okami shuffle, which won’t happen on every starter especially if you weapon switch. There’s also the fact that Okami Shuffle has incredibly bad minimum damage and, although it scales very slowly, it will have reached that before the third shuffle. Because most people aren’t running Amaterasu as their anchor, it is usually more worthwhile to just forget about getting the third rep and just DHC to something that will do more damage, may be easier, and will allow you to get it off of any given starter.

Excellent answer, thanks!

I changed out my Taskmaster assist for Vertical Arrows, and since I relied on that so heavily in combos, I had to develop some new ones. Midscreen I’m still using the Ammy w/ Spencer assist stuff I mentioned earlier, but in the corner… Well. Just take a look at this, why don’t you.

[media=youtube]jgl-tjdWy30[/media]

Taskmaster assist isn’t necessary, it just happens to work there. This ender is better than the previous Ammy/Spencer corner stuff I had, and also extends it long enough for me to get the Tasky assist in there. And look at that metergain!

:d::l: :d::m: :d::h: :qcf::l:, :l: :s: sj.:qcf::h:, j.[:h:] |> :qcf:[:l:], :h: :d::h: :a1: :qcb::l:, :qcf:[:l:] :d::h: :s: :a2: :qcf::uf::atk::atk:

Works off of any opening that lets you get the Head Charge, falling charge H, charge Thunder Edge combo. Works on all characters except Sentinel, who you can’t hit the second charged Thunder Edge against.

I’m finding after a Glaive switch to launch to sjMS, when I go for the df+H for the 1st part of [df+H xx qcf+S xx super], often times midscreen I’m hitting the other side of them with the df+H, and therefore the QCF+S move fails. Any idea what’s going on there? Been working so hard to execute the Glaive switch (and still messing it up too often online, grr) before launch, but really sucks to have the combo not work when the switch is successful lol Thanks!

Also, Stark, I’ve been playing pretty much exclusively Ammy Task Doom. So while I fear many in this thread don’t much care about the Ammy-Taskmaster interaction, I am all ears! However I still use horizontal arrows and dont see changing that, not soon at least. Im curious what applications you got out of it before changing to vertical? I’m guessing more than just hitting assist at the beginning of a combo/string to lengthen it. Any good tricks with it?

Well, I was playing with Horizontal Arrows for a couple months, so I’d say it was probably pretty good.

Like many assists, you can use it to allow you to get good damage with midscreen super jump glaive :qcf::h:, falling [:h:], land :qcf:[:l:], :h: :a1: :d::h: :qcf::l: :qcf::atk::atk:; the arrows keep them in stun long enough to connect Power Slash to Okami Shuffle, and that ender is significantly more powerful than anything else you’d be getting midscreen. Arrows does more damage than most things that you can do this with, too, because each arrow has a minimum damage of 12000.

It covers pressure well since even if people pushblock you its linear movement means they’ll still have to block it which gives you time to run up and 50/50 them with your unreactionable overhead and low or, if they don’t, time your overhead such that you don’t need to keep it going on hit with :df::h: :qcf::s:, which normally means you deal a lot less damage because :qcf::s: is a lot of weak hits, because the arrows will keep them hit enough that you can come in with some stronger air hits on your way down, even if you’re not in Glaive.

Then you have the more universal uses of Horizontal Arrows, to cover your approach and beat out other people’s projectiles as you advance without having to stop to reflect and possibly get baited by something, and to pretty much everything else it does. It’s a very good assist.

I switched to Vertical because, well, Vertical is also a very good assist. Forces them out of the air and into your mixup. People usually block at least two of them, so you can still have good stun time, if not as much all the time… And it gives you more time to visually confirm what your opponent will be doing when it comes down and forces them to respect it more than something they might be able to jump out of. But if you’re using Doom, you’re either using beam or hidden missiles, and if you have horizontal arrows, you probably aren’t also using beam… so I presume you’re using hidden missiles. So you probably don’t need that aspect, since you’re already forcing people to stay put and take your mixup with hidden missiles. Still, it is very cathartic to be able to take a step back after killing someone, call Vertical Arrows, and know that the moment the opponent comes in, the arrows are forcing them to the ground and into your mixup as the first action of the next round.

[media=youtube]AK9G0rApI0c[/media]

All in one convenient package.

I need to start using my glaive. I only ever do the Disc Weapon Change to Glaive OTG combo and its been working really well and consistenly. But the glaive combos are so sexy =D.

Stark are you on PSN or Xbox ??

I don’t play online.

This is a nearly universal rule for me; I have strong in-real-life competition and feel that online is usually not worth my time. But it’s especially true in Marvel, where the online play is so bad; if the game is too laggy playing friends who live 50 miles away, how can I accept competition from people 500 miles away? The answer is that I can’t. So, I don’t play online. Sorry.

Feel you on there. I’ve actually been getting some good matches lately (Player Matches). I cant never block properly online -_-.

But oh well, Keep up the nice Ammy