Kazuya quick reference guide: Moveset, Combos, Setups, Frametraps, EWGF

Optimal pandora starter when kazuya is in: hp. Xx ewgf, ewgf, cr. hp. Xx ewgf, ex slaughter hook, pandora (into whatever your partner does)

Meaty f. Lk after a demon god fist: after demon god fist dash forward then f. Lk (can 1 meter CADC instead of regular dash)

Anti roll in the corner after slaughter hook: after slaughter hook dash forward then lk. Rising sun, followed by another lk. Rising sun
Alternate version: after slaughter hook, forward jump then lk. Rising sun

Hmm i def need to fuck with the corner slaughter hook ender more. after seeing momochi do it a bunch + seeing these setups it seems really legit.

On i side note I also want to figure out some ambiguous anti roll jump in setups
Example: Position yourself at a point so you can predict a roll, hold up back and depending on your spacing you will cross up or hit in front during their roll animation since they cant reversal

I would much rather eat a safe jump than an ambiguous roll crossup that leads to the same thing imo lol. now i just need to stop playing AE/Jin and get into the lab.

Did not know momochi played kazuya, looks like I have some matches to watch now.

Slaughter hook ending is really strong in that it lets you get a free charge, safe jump, anti roll setup, anti roll safe jump, and etc.

I have some ambitious setups like you mentioned for predicting a roll, I’ll probably post some up soon as well as more general setups and tech…

Yea i had no idea either untill NCR. He is my biggest man crush ever now lol; plays my AE main and my sfxt team O.o [although he made me work on jin more. i always liked jin but never comitted as he isnt easy despite how good he is]. He was playing JinxKazuya or JinxNina [The nina games made me sad :(] He doesn’t even go ham on electric combos. He does simpler electric combos than even i do lol. but now im starting to see why he useses xx ewgf, st/cr fp, ewgf, cr fp Slaughter hook in the corner. Sick setups for 400+ potential damage by sacrificing 30ish damage

Edit: Also are you on XBL? would love to have another kaz player to play with for bouncing ideas as well as improving me game. Mines is Chilaisho [in my sig]. If you down for some games let me know

Edit x2: I really need to update the main post [my google doc] also. missing some great stuff. ill try to test your stuff + do it this weekend

Oh lol, momochi is such a sick player so I see why. Just saw some of his matches and yeah I noticed he tends to do some of the less effiecent ewgf combos but he has some good setups.

Yes, I’m on xbl I’ll add you next time I get on. Really dig the idea of kazuyas sharing notes and ideas.

Aight, sounds good. I’ll try to post some other stuff in the video thread when I can, and I’ll continue to update this thread with stuff as well.

Heres on i just came up with 5 minutes ago for post super

Post Super
Hold up forward…
Dash, EWGF/Low forward/throw [Meaty - may be a true meaty as i have trouble mashing through it and i end up in block stun]
*delay longer to add more frames to the frametrap or to beat mashed reversals
Hold up back, j mk [Cross up vs rolls]
Back dash, Throw [Untechable anti roll throw]

youtube.com/watch?v=NihOt_LBVHg

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ekY64RqudXA

Have a lot of new setups as well as a few option selects I’m going to post, waiting until after CEO to post all of them though.

After a forward throw: immediately dash and take a few pixel steps forward then cr. mk.
Cr. mk is meaty and if opponent rolls it autocorrects(forced to block or will be hit when rolled).

After back throw: take a few pixel steps forward then backwards, followed by a f. Mk.
The overhead hits meaty and if opponent rolls it autocorrects ( opponent may backdash after roll if not timed right).

6 frame anti roll safe jump after this combo ewgf, ewgf, st.mpxxewgf, ex. Slaughter hook.:
Immediately forward dash, then lk. Rising sun to corpse hop followed by neutral jump mk.

Anti roll meaty electric or cr. lk after the combo ewgf,ewgf, st.mpxxewgf, ex. Slaughter hook.:
Immediately dash forward, then lk. Rising sun to corpse hop, followed by another dash, then either cr.lk or ewgf for the meaty.

After ewgf,ewgf, st. Mpxxewgf, cr.hk:
Immediately lk. Rising sun then st. Mp for a meaty.
St. Mp hits meaty and when rolled it autocorrects and must be blocked.

After ewgf, st.hpxxewgf, cr. hpxx CADC, cr. hk:
Immediately wiff an ewgf wait a split second then cr. mk for a meaty.
Cr.mk hits meaty and when rolled upon it auto corrects and must be blocked.

After demon god fist:
Immediately empty jump forward, wait a split sceond then cr. mk or f. Mk for a meaty.
Cr.mk and f. Mk hit meaty and when rolled upon auto correct and must be blocked ( f. Mk can be backdashes when rolled upon)

Not really new just more damaging way to get a free mid screen charge.
Ewgf, ewgf, st. Lp, f. Mk
Then do whatever (raw tag,CADC charge, safe jump, anti roll, ,etc)

After a forward throw in the corner:
Immediately forward dash then back dash followed by cr.mk
Cr. mk hits meaty And will auto correct if opponent rolls.