Kazuya quick reference guide: Moveset, Combos, Setups, Frametraps, EWGF

Edit: i have had some major epiphanies regarding his tekken strings. so i will be updating. My sympathies are similar but there are a couple things i will reonsider

Hey whats up,

IDK why but i always seem to do docs like this for chars i decide to take seriously. You can check out rough versions of my other ones for AE cody and SFxT Law in my sig. Kaz is my permanent anchor so i did one for him too.

Note: This is not meant to help a pure kaz beginner. I expect that you can do at least st fp EWGF EWGF as all of the combos are electric combos. For example all lp slaughter hook combos always use the electric followup not the EX slaughter hook followup. Similarly im assuming you know how to read frame data.

Here is the link

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByN9pQmeT2t5QjRWeGwydEd1bTg&usp=sharing

come on guys no added tech/comments/corrections/rants about how bad this is? And i though the AE cody forum was dead :open_mouth:

for a new sfxt player, like myself, this is definitely helpful. thanks a lot.

4 frame safe jump I use in ewgf bnbs is after thunder god fist to cr. rh follow up, immediately lk rising sun then jump in cr. mk depending on when pressed it will cross up or not. Against characters like gief or Jin you can os an ewgf and they have no answer to it

In corner end combo with slaughter hook , then CADC until charged up then backdash. You catch rolls with throw, if opposition doesn’t roll you have a charge to overhead for 400+ dmg, can go low for 500+ dmg, walk up throw, meaty ewgf so they respect your options

3 frame safe jump in corner. after ending combo with slaughter hook immediatly backdash, wiff jab, take a pixel step forward then neutral jump hk.

Not really new but why not post. Using kazs lk, lp, mk tekken string as a meaty on the opponents wakeup is pretty good in that if they back dash use catch it and can go for a ewgf juggle for 400+ dmg; the string itself is a true block string and when the opponent alpha countered on the mk part, you can cancel mk part of string into a ewgf for 500+ dmg. And since the string is cancel able you can ewgf to be safe or go into lk rising sun for some shenanigans.
Also ewgf as a meaty catches backslashes, and stuffs most reversals.

A set up after forward throw, is to burn one meter CADC forward then f. Lk. It’s a meaty setup and since you have a charge and it hits you get 400+ dmg opportunity.

A 4 frame safe jump after the following combo, Ewgf, ewgf, st. Mp xx ewgf, cr. rh:
Is to wait a split second then sj. Hk

3 frame safe jump after b. hk:
Wait a bit the j. Hk
4 frame version:
Take a step forward j. Hk

Back throw 4 frame safe jump:
Take a step back then j. Mk (crosses up)

Props Mr electric. One of the few posters in this forum. Ill try to test/add you stuff to my sheet soon.

PS: There is an edit button :stuck_out_tongue: lol just fucking with you

I’ve been lurking on srk for awhile but nobody seems to be posting lately. And I have a lot more tech and setups if you are interested.
And I was actually unaware of the edit feature though lol.

Good stuff man, keep it up. Gonna try all this today.

7 frame anti roll safe jump or midscreen after slaughter hook, ex slaughter, or a f. Mk that ground bounces: first immediatly dash forward then lk. Rising sun followed by neutral j.mk

Antiroll meaty electric after slaughter hook, ex slaughter hook, and a f. Mk that ground bounces: first immediately dash forward then lk. Rising sun, followed by dashing toward the opponent then ewgf.

After a thunder god fist with rh follow up you get a free CADC charge for a mix up opportunity, and there is enough time while charging cadc to react to rolls, so just dash forward and throw when you see a roll.

Just a setup to switch sides, after a thunder god fist rh follow up: dash forward twice then lk. Rising sun.

Rather useful if you in the corner and you get a hit and want to switch sides

A defensive option select while in block stun that covers ewgf, alpha counter and launcher if ewgf trades.
Done by By inputting an ewgf with hp. And hk While double tapping hp. And hk.
What this does while in block stun is if its not a true block string ewgf comes out while if it is a true block string alpha counter comes out, and if ewgf for some reason trades then launcher comes out to crush lows.

4 frame safe jump after hp. xx ewgf, hp, ewgf, cr. hp xx CADC, cr. hk: wait a little bit then forward j.mk

Cross up version: take a step forward then forward j.mk