Kara Raging Demon (if you discover shortcuts post them here)

any good dash up raging demon tips for hori fightpad users? can only seem do it 1 or 2 times out of 10. can hide the light punch behind the dash but cant seem to get the rest out in time

Yeah, I think Capcom deliberately made Akuma’s dash really quick to make buffering Demons into dashes hard. Do you guys do the LP,LP when Akuma is doing c MK, then f,f dash, then LK, HP? Or does doing a f,f dash cancel out the inputs for a Demon because you did f,f instead of only LP,LP,f,LK,HP?

I’ve used Lord Akumer off and on over many different SF games. I’ve always just done LP,LP,f,LK,HP as fast as possible during other moves’ recovery time and it’s always been straightforward for me. But I think it’s time to simplify because of Lord Akumer’s quick bunnyhop dash.

At 1:58 there’s a plinking technique for a 3 input Demon. I really don’t get it, though. I’m a PS4 controller player so plinking with my thumb seems odd at best but I have PPP and KKK buttons assigned to L1 and L2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv-VAe6jK1c

Shoutouts to Diplomat1080p, first of all. This is his technique. You use the PPP button + MK for a plink for the LP,LP, then quickly input the rest, the f,LK,HP, plinking those remaining inputs!

Just want to mention how crappy it is that following the Raging Demon the opponent is pretty far away. Akuma also seems to be at negative frames. :frowning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf8byO4j5DY&feature=youtu.be

V-Trigger then mash, cause SFV is a shit game:

I find that using lp+mp+mk x2 f+lk+hp to be an excellent kara technique. Pretty helpful too since it brings out akuma’s parry animation and can parry one hit. And its instant too.

And if u ever so slightly delay the second lp+mp+mk u can get out akuma’s parry-kick animation which activates proximity guard. Very helpful in a lot of situations.

Samurai did s MK blocked, V Skill, buffered Demon at the recent WCW6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luKuxhfLjEI

Walking demon from a jab or st.lk has been working a lot for me lately
A) they are relatively easy situations like in a throw looo, after a jump in, dash in jab, etc.
B) since jab and st.lk are your go to tickthrow normals, you can shimmy them a few times, and then walk and demon, or just go for the demon, if they try to tech they will get hit too

I think this one is a a lot more easy than tbe cr.mp variation since it requires just a little bit of walking that its just mashing jab during blockstun twice, and hold forward for a few frames and complete the super.

It is a good idea, I will test it and incorporate it to my game as well.

I’m having a lot of success with jump ins, like a deep crossup mk jump in, or any deep jump in, and grab (that misses due to grabs missing while the opponent is still in block animation) and demon.

I started doing that after I saw the amazing setup of the 2 air fireballs on wakeup, grab miss, and raging demon. The beauty here is that they can clearly see the grab missing, and they quickly react to that trying to punish. Even if they know the setup, their instincts tell them to go for the punish.

Tech related so figured this thread’s a good spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdXgXFZu9GQ&feature=youtu.be

Any tips on how to do dash-demon on PS4 pad? Thanks!

Build the f, f+lp,lp muscle memory, then just plink f lk hp

is plinking f+lk+hp still a thing ? I tried but it doesn’t seem to work for me. The lp+mp plink works but i can only get a raging demon afterward if i do f+lk slightly before the hp

It isn’t like sfiv f+lk+hp at the same time input, you plink it for real now, plink as in pressing the buttons one frame after the last input, frame 1: f, frame 2: f+lk, frame 3: f+lk+hp

Ok so I think I found out an easier way to do the raging demon (mostly tested during the dash cancel one). Basically, everybody knows that you need to plink lp and mp to get the 2 lps. now what i’ve tried is next : you plink lp+mp+hp, than you do the lk , but after you plink mp+hp. I’ve been having an easier time doing the raging demon during dash when adding those 2 extra inputs.