Kara Raging Demon (if you discover shortcuts post them here)

can anyone explain how to do dash > demon? i keep getting random people doing it to me so it can’t be that hard.

Definitely Demon related. After V trigger DP, whiff c MK, dash, Demon is meaty!
https://twitter.com/AutoMattock/status/814635579832987649

dirty meaty demon forest. And Wikum i’m catching my butt to get that dash demon down as well. This was posted above:

6(F), 6+LP (F+LP) (dashing), LP (while dashing), 5 (Neutral) (requires less physical aerobics than 4 (Back)), 6(F)+LK+HP

For dashing demons, you can plink LP into another button as you input the dash to get the two LPs, then input the rest as normal. If you plink LP+MP, the inputs look like this:

6, 6+LP, 5+MP, 6, LK, HP

I just keep it simple and input all buttons except the HP during whatever I use to hide the Demon with, whether it be a dash, LK tatsu, or the V Trigger freeze. I can’t take credit for the meaty Demon. Wrathmatics linked that in the Twitch chat and he might be pissed I shared it who knows lol.

I Demoned someone in-between the hits of their medium, medium block string!

From what i’ve tested so far HK is the only button that moves Akuma foward when you kara into his demon. You can do LP, LP, F+3K, HP to get it and you can hide the 2xLP inside your blockstring; such as doin doing c.MP (x2 LP), f+3K, HP.

Using 3K instead of LK also gives a few extra frames to complete the input it makes it not as bad when you mess up the input after a dash, for instance.

To recap for the slow learners like me, I was a bit confused by the use of plinking and 3p being a shortcut here and there which

1 vskill demon

You’re essentially buffering adding the lp input into the vskill input

[First u make sure to activate v trigger since that’s probably my number one mistake I always make ]

simplest way to put it would be

Kick Vskill variation
Lp Mp Mk > Lp k(any)> foward > Lk > Hp

Punch Vskill variation
Lp Mp Mk > Lp > foward > Lk > Hp

Kick Vskill variation
Lp Mp Hp Mk > Lp Mp Hp k(any or all)> foward > Lk > Hp

Punch Vskill variation
Lp Mp Hp Mk > Lp Mp Hp > foward > Lk > Hp

2 blocked/whiffed normals into demon 

Now buffering a demon off a blocked normal in USFIV for some reason it would count down forward as a forward input for the raging demon hence you could do things like the E.ryu f Lp Mk> f Lp Mk > df Lk> Hp and other stuff. This in SFV is no longer doable so the only input you can’t really vary around with is the foward input and you can’t foward into foward this makes you actually have to change directionals before the third demon input.

other than that u can get crazy with it like

v trigger f Lp Mp > f Lp Mp > 360 ( foward) > all punches and kicks X2

If you slow down the inputs and not plink lp and mp you actually have more wiggle room and can actually walk forward a little bit

blocked down forward mp > Lp > Lp > forward > Lk > Hp
blocked down forward mp > down foward or any other direction Lp > ditto Lp > foward > all punches and kicks X2

3 Dash Demon 

This if anything is just practice the backdash seems to be slower so you can start practicing by doing with backdash and inputting two punches in dash animation once you get that and down try doing a back dash demon.

back > back Lp > Lp > forward > Lk> Hp

remember the no forward into foward rule for the dash demon

forward > forward Lp > Lp > neutral(or even a 360 that ends in forward) > all punches and kicks X2

overall just practice dashing and inputting two light punches

Thanks for this. Got it in training earlier -

https://twitter.com/AFC_Wikum/status/816785771436724224

Finally consistently getting the overhead in matches too. I really should’ve played more Akuma in SF4 lol.

https://twitter.com/AFC_Wikum/status/816857565237645316

Any shortcuts for instant demon or kara demon for pad? I use mad catz fightpad pro v2 and and hori fc

Figured one out after messing around in training. I have r1 as 3xk and r2 as 3xp. I plink r2 with mk twice then f+plink r1 to r2. Instant demon. Doing it slower also lets u parry a fireball and punish with demon

Ok tbh I’ve never played Akuma in any SF game but what’s the point/effectiveness of a kara Raging Demon? Like why would I want to use it? If the opponent isn’t pressing buttons or crouch blocking on wakeup could’nt they just jump over/neutral jump my Demon when the see me go for it?

Guys do you know you can double tap lp and it counts as 2xlp? As using the index and middle finger slide off method.

Figuring out this has helped me leaps and bounds in doing dash demon because it is so much faster than tapping lp 2 times with the index.

Does this actually make Demon inescapable (aside from jumping)? It doesn’t seem like Towards MP (Overhead) adds any additional range

They don’t know if you’re going for it or not. They see an overhead, try to block it (also preventing any backward movement because of proximity guard), and get hit by the demon.
To add range you may want to use st hk. Like (on hit)cr mp, st mk, st hk (whiffs because usually they crouch block), demon

It’s 0 frames after the super flash if you’re close enough, use kara demon to prevent yourself from putting them into block stun or hitstun from the inputs.

Can’t they just jump when they see me activate my CA?

Not if you’re close enough.

Using ST.HK to kara gives the most range, I reckon? Anyone found a move/normal with longer range?

I know F.MP’s range is laughably-short, and Skill -> Punch is ok.

*EDIT: Actually, while ST.HK kara has the “theoretical” longest range, you still have to cancel early to stop the ST.HK hitting a standing opponent. Skill -> Punch actually has longer range in practice because its slower startup allows you to cancel later in the move before it hits, giving you longer range.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P0DZC1woIbo

Here’s a demon vid for pad players