Kansas City Gaming: Hype for No Reason

Good shit to all last night

Shoutouts…

@Chad: [media=youtube]-lxj_BFIVA4[/media] :lol: and GGs

@Le: GGs, keep working on that matchup. And yeah it was Sean, and he was yelling at me too, although I kinda did deserve it >_>

@Nick: GGs. I’ll work on having more variety in my offense

@FakeSean: Tekken Zaibatsu - Tekken 6 - Move Lists - Lei Wulong doesn’t have any frame data… and this is the link from the Lei frame data thread is the one I was referring to. I can kinda figure out part of it, but I’m not sure which parts are for which stances. And just to be sure I got it right, you said to work on spacing, punishing, and frame data, right?

@Deron: GGs in Tekken and Blaz. Guess I’ll focus more Lei, and nice to see you be no longer trollable w/ grabs in Blaz. And if you’re gonna learn GG I’ll start doing some work on it as well

@jspot: GGs. Seth vs. Elf is always crazy fun

@everyone else I played: GGs

And to everyone going to EVO: GL

ggs last night.

@b1argh: so im saying this giving you the option to say you were just trolling- Good shit beating me and at times actually displaying that you might one day have a decent seth. from the first time we played and the last time i watched you play, i can tell that youve really lvl’d up. youve really got that tick-command throw down and its exciting to see that since i dont get that much here in KC. Also i will admit that i HAD no respect for you before but after last night and chit chatting about seth theory i totally respect you and am glad youre part of the newer blood of KC. Saying that please hear me out

YOU HAVE NO YOMI GAME
YOU HAVE NO OKI GAME
YOU HAVE NO (insert anything else that came out of your mouth)

There are definitions for those words and the way you play displays that you have NO IDEA what youre talking about.
now i totally understand (and feel closer to you) that you play for fun and your reasons for maining and sticking with seth. these reasons about you are the main reasons why i now respect you and appreciate having you added to the KC scene. Youre fun and playing you is fun and youre funny - so i could see you just trolling - so heres your chance to say you were trolling.

if you werent trolling then theres lots to fix about your game.

i lost because im bad against more pressure than my own, most of kc knows this and i need to get over it. also idk what to do against that tik-spd shit. you have 1 (one) combo and out of the 10 or 15 matches i usually got ultra everytime you tried it.

also in a casual match i will chase you down if i have a life lead because casual matches are about TRYING. i noticed that when you get scared you do the strechy arms game… 9 out 10 times I HAD THE LIFE LEAD. WTF MATE??? now me not knowing how exactly to deal with someone spamming stretch armstrong is my own issue.

gs on catching me once or twice on the sonic boom>super trap but trust me when i told you - it doesnt work anymore. the reason it did work was because i was trying to splash through your fireballs… now i know everyone reading is saying “perfect Yomi in the situation” but its not yomi… you admitted that you were just doing the trap, not that you knew i would splash through. reaction is not yomi.

OVERVIEW

you jump too much, i imagine that you take lots of DPs
heres your whole game (or at least all you used on me)
-FIGHT- backdash, sonic boom, wall jump mk
from here youre ALWAYS looking for tik-spd (which works on me OUCH)
you continue this till you found a spot to mash dp with the intent to follow into the jesus walks
if you some how mess up your tik-spd, you go for c.lp c.lp c.mp legs - good shit but you NEVER got mp after second lp = free ultra when i saw 2 jabs
if you had me in the corner you would c.lp c.mp EX legs into jesus walks and ALWAYS followed with getting back in my face with c.mk = free ultra after this combo EVERYTIME
you also used wall jump mp but NEVER capitalized on its juggle
also i learned that seth u2 always beats fuerte u2 via u2-ing your random u2s
oh all your ultras were random or desperate. im the king of desperation (ask chachi) and am not calling your desperate ultras a bad thing, just ill timed or ill placed - which leads to calling them random.
if i squeaked out of your tricks and landed 2 tortillas (giving me life lead, love seths 800 lifebar) you ran away and back j.fp / s.fp and stayed away. i ran in to try to learn how to break that, which got you lots of free dmg, but i always waited 5 strechy arms to see if thats really what your plan was. sad.

Now i know your fresh but you show plenty of potential. keep on that seth and fix these things. and expand your game play. get with kevin or even better get with rex. Kevin can show and teach you all the combos (one thats 80% dmg vs fuerte {i think its fuerte specific}) i hope you can make Spicy TuePoint-o when it gets going. watching recorded matches of your own will show you lots of what im talking about. also i wanna play you more… cuz youre fun mainly.

and to clarify all this, back when nick1Time first got good. he did the same shit to me. he broke apart my game and called me out to step it up and quit being a bad player… maybe im saying that wrong… not that i/you are a bad player, but that i/you should be a better player and need to quit being bad. what sucks is that as i have gotten better, so has nick and his message is still the same, just on a different lvl, lol

sry for a long post everyone, just reaching out to my new friend. everyone tell me if im out of line.

summary - b1argh got a haircut and Jspot likes it.

@jspot That was quite in-depth dude…god damn. I can see some of that from playing Nick, but I think he’s definitely getting better. Glad to see you’re sticking with it, Nick. :3

But this brings up something…most of the time, or at least from what I’ve seen, after we get done playing and whatnot, no one is talking shop/helping each other. I’m guilty of this myself, but since I’m not quite as knowledgeable I don’t like to talk. :S
If I get done playing one of you, I’d like for you guys to point out my visible flaws…ANYTHING. I have to get out of bad habits and setups. Let me know what I’m doing RIGHT and especially what I’m doing wrong.

Hmmmm, what to say…

First off, GG’s to everyone I played yesterday. It was good seeing part of the Tuesday crew again. Wish you guys could make more trips out on the occasional Friday.

Jon - Always a pleasure, glad you like my stick (absolutely homo) and I’m glad it will being going to a good home when you take it. I imported that thing 3 years ago and only really put any hours into it when VF5 first came out.

Nick - What can I say, you looked slightly off your game. I don’t know if it was just you or the fact that I played so much differently than I normally do. I really tried to let you be the aggressor this time and play reactive instead of proactive which I must say…is boring as all hell. I will be waiting on Friday for you to try to take your spot back.

John - Wish you didn’t work so we could have gotten you a little warmed up in Tekken for EVO but you sounded like you were doing some Eddy homework so I’m sure you will do fine. My only advice is…I don’t know, practice hit confirming CH b+3~3? Shit is the juice IMO and stops aggressive players in their tracks. I know that’s not really your style but hey, every weapon in the bag helps. I’ll keep the #1 spot nice and warm for you until you get back and try and take it from me. Nick will need to pry it from my cold dead hands.

Simsar and to a slightly lesser extend B1argh - Sorry for the slight lashing during Nick and I’s FT5 but you both really need to learn when and how to hype a match. The occasional cheer or phrase during a match is fine. Constant random talking/bad commentating while standing/sitting right next to the players is not, its rude and annoying. I may have been the one who spoke up but I could for sure tell it was getting on Nicks nerves so I wanted to squash it early so it didn’t affect our play.

B1argh - yeah I can’t believe nobody has translated that data yet, sorry I couldn’t be more help with that. Lei is not really John and I’s forte but yes, spacing/punishment/frames are the most important parts of Tekken. You learn frame data so you know what to punish with and what is punishable if you use it. Once you really see what certain frame moves look like you can apply that knowledge across the board so every character after the first one gets easier. If you have a question about a move feel free to ask John or I, we should be able to give you a quick rundown on it after looking at it a few times.

KCs NOTOR1OUS, Le - Bison’s a bitch! I would rather play against blanka 1000x more than bison.

So yeah…I think that’s it. Oh, if anybody want’s to know or cares what the score was in Nick and I’s match it was 5-1 (OK, I’m just trollin a little, haha)

ggs as usual, didnt get to play nearly as many ppl as i wanted to, but i wasnt feeling any game last night 4real.

Chad - lol Fuck that shit you know we ft5’in this friday now righk? But goodshit tho bro, you tend to jump ALOT, dont know if you was trying to troll, but if not thats a habit you gotta knock off.

NickB- ggs last night dude. Even tho I love trolling you in tekken i can tell you still really dont have a feel for the game. Its a gay ass game when its wants to be but ill try to help you out the best i can. As for GG, hell yea we need to play it more.

Nick1time - Read the 1st few chapters of gantz, shit is mad funny.

Goodluck to the EVO fellas. Go out there and put KC on the map, while slapping a few nice booty hoes on the ass for me.

Anyone up for some TvC this Friday?

fuck I had a big post written up then accidentally closed the window

Le - Thanks for holdin on to the smokes, man. Clutch. Also, that was Boxy yelling at Sim. I was a little bit salty from the match but Boxy played very well and I sucked, plain and simple. He deserved to win. The chatter during and after the match is what bothered me. I didn’t want to say anything during the match because I know heckling is part of tournament matches and I wanted to try and condition myself. I tried to suck it up afterward because I was pissed and I don’t like to speak and act rashly. When I got home and the rage didn’t subside, I decided to make a post on the forums since I could think through my feelings on the matter. I know I’m not the only one who has an opinion on the matter and I thought it better for me to say something now rather than to let things come to a head.

Boxy - I mean, yeah, it didn’t really feel right. I mind fucked myself basically, thinking too much about what I should how I should react to things, rather than just fucking playing the game. I learned something important about myself and my game though so it wasn’t a total loss. You played very well though and clearly stepped it up so you deserve the W. Don’t get comfy up there. I’ll be back for that shit.

Catgirl - Lots of people are willing to offer advice. Le and I bullshit tons about the game every hookup when we go outside to smoke. If you ask us when we’re not playing games, we’ll be more than happy to help. The thing is, YOU have to ask. The hardest part about giving advice is knowing whether someone actually listening to you or not. When someone asks you for advice, you’re guaranteed that they’ll be receptive. Just ask.

I will offer you one piece of advice and probably your current biggest roadblock, realest of real talk. Stop making excuses. When you play I hear a ton of “fuckin stick” “fuckin ps3 controller” “I meant to do this” I meant to do that" “fuck this character” “fuck that character” and so on. Amazon.com: XCM Cross Battle adapter plus RUMBLE: Video Games Cross Battle Adapter. 32 bucks plus shipping. http://shoryuken.com/f271/sakura-strategy-matchups-thread-174996/ Sakura strategy and matchup thread. Free of charge. I know what its like to be broke but if you were really frustrated enough with your execution, you’d come up with the 40 bucks. Sell some shit, donate plasma, whatever.

What I’m trying to say is that I think you’re making excuses and by doing so you’re stopping yourself and others from being critical of your play. People generally aren’t willing to listen when they instantly make justifications about what went wrong. I say this with much love no homo because I think you have potential and are holding yourself back.

Oh it was definite trollin :slight_smile:

Edit: Nick cowboy bebop on netflix now fyi.

lol Aight i got you this friday

sounds like KC is like ?“oh my gosh. im so in love. found you finally. you make me wanna say, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh my gosh”.?

nick - yes, heckling/trash talk is part of tourney play but from what im reading, what they were doin is straight up annoying shit at point blank. in due time, you’ll learn not to let it get to you. this only shows going off at simsar means you lack patience and tolerance…similar to your game play…lack of patience, but at the same time, i do the same so i have no room to talk, lol. half the time, i can judge a person based off game play. weird, but it works. boxy is a rush type player so he semi rushed at the opportunity to go off at simsar.

anywho, ill be comin down end of july.

I have vacation planned for the last week of July. I planned on switching it, because I make more money when working than when on vacation. But, if you’re going to (KC or CoMo?), then I may reconsider and tag along if you wouldn’t mind.

yo i should be able to make end of july

Sam - Yeah me and Nick talk shop all the time about game mechanics, our holes, and other players weaknesses. If you want any advise just come down stairs while me and Nick are smoking and we would be willing to give you our 2 cents. The only thing is that you have to be willing to actually listen, apply the advice we give you, and stop making excuses. If we see you play and you are still doing the same mistakes then we know that you really arn’t listening and that you are just going back to your old habits of making excuses for your mistakes. We both don’t really discriminate so as far as SFU goes that’s pretty much the class and lecture.

Also [media=youtube]Qi0Sjg7XxDw&feature=related[/media]
and I thought ryu matches had more fireballs

Also fellas I was actually thinking about doing the RR the last Friday of July (the 30th). Any objections?

My contribution to the thread:

Our Wichitabro Jude requires our assistance with a survey.
http://shoryuken.com/f3/i-need-survey-racial-makeup-community-242999/

edit: ok linking to other srk threads feels weird now.

@Nick You’re right…I do tend to make excuses. I should stop doing that; maybe I just don’t take losses that well, and aren’t able to comprehend a loss. If that’s the truth, then that’s pretty sad of myself. T_T

@Le I’ll have to take you up on that; I just don’t want to seem like some annoying little pest constantly berating others for ways to improve my own gameplay.

Also, I’m down for the RR being the 30th.

See you guys this Friday.

Glen - I’ve actually incorporated a lot of patience into my game. vs Boxy I was probably TOO patient and got ran over. Normally I work it well into my game but yesterday I was playing especially passive. Hopefully I’ll be able to show you my improvement when you come into town but your yomi is usually so good I never get the chance to push a button against you.

Edit: Bout gd time, Kong!

WOW.

My pool for SSFIV

P
Floe
Demon Hyo
PR Rog
Kitori
Onlinetony

My pool for T6

Pool L:
Insanelee
Crow
Aris
DevilJim
Filipino Bus Driver
Renzo
Filthie Rich
Akazukin Cha Cha
weGotAJuggler
Dilla
EvilDice

These are the people that are registered for it so far. Hahahaha… Wow. So much for making it out of 4 pools. Tekken won’t be a joke either… Crow and Insanelee are the likely winners of that one, but Aris and DevilJim are no slouches either. Time to get practicing.

Anyone know who Demon Hyo, Kitori and Onlinetony play?

Onlinetony plays Seth last time i checked

DemonHyo: Mostly known for playing Blanka. Played Chun early in SF4 and has shown up playing Seth in some tourns as well. Very solid

Here he is perfecting DarkPrince at EVO Marvel 2 and making him rage quit. Funny/scary stuff - [media=youtube]aGoB_vVmBs4[/media]
3/10 vid: [media=youtube]uttzzEI3hso[/media]

OnlineTony: 2nd best Seth player in the nation next to Arturo, no contest.

OnlineTony vs Marn, scary shit: [media=youtube]Fpe1TtfCeu4[/media]
More recent vid: [media=youtube]kVXo37Fe5Dk[/media]

Kitori returns lots of hits from youtube. Cammy/Viper. Looks like you can take him. GLGL!