[Jun 9, 2012] East Coast Throwdown 4 - EVO 2012 TS $3K UMVC3 Bonus + GamerBee! (Morristown, NJ)

Do you have that Paypal set up for the money match yet?

Johnnycage, will you be needing my assistance with running pools? I am asking because if I am helping you I would be able to help someone with getting a room since I would have the extra cash. Please let me know thx

OK, here’s the answers to the last round of questions :slight_smile:

The PayPal for the money match is not set up, and it’s not going to be. It was a bad idea since then we’d essentially be bookies and that will be:
a) Super Illegal
b) A bad look
c) PayPal payees can always just dispute the payments made to us, which would likely happen if they lost their bets

Staff is all set for this year’s event. We’d like to thank everyone who came forward. The response was almost overwhelming lol. We got in touch with everyone who will be helping us out this year. If you weren’t picked, sorry, but perhaps next year!

3rd Strike will get started at 2pm most likely. We want to get all of the big games started first.

5 days!!!

Thank you for the response. See you all this weekend!

just to be clear I can still register at the door. right?

Most certainly! On site registration ends at 10:30am on Saturday, so get in line early!

Are spectators welcomed? If so what’s the fee?

I will be selling an unopen SFxT V.S stick at ECT if anyone wants it.

damn it I missed the fare sale :frowning: now all I can find is 700 hundred dollar plane tickets. Sorry to duck out 2 years in a row but I’ll be paying more than Fanatiq and Ray Ray just to get there

First off, we want to thank all of you for pre-registering over the past few months. By pre-registering, you not only ensure your own tournament experience is more enjoyable by not having to wait in line and knowing when you have to play ahead of time, but you also make the entire staff’s lives easier. So again, thank you!

The pre-registration numbers are significantly larger than last year’s. Because of this, we’re on the cusp of breaking 256 man brackets in both Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012. Since we don’t want to get stuck with having to throw out a 256 man bracket in order to move into a 512 man bracket, we will be making both beforehand. Everyone who pre-registered for SF4 and UMVC3 will receive TWO pool assignments. They will receive one for if we use a 256 man bracket and one if we use a 512 man bracket. This might seem confusing, but believe us when we tell you this is going to make things go as smoothly as possible this year.

We obviously won’t know which pool we’re going to use until emergency registration closes on Saturday at 10:30am, so we will make the announcement at that time. We will announce it via our Facebook and Twitter (www.facebook.com/ecthrowdown and www.twitter.com/ecthrowdown), as well as over the loudspeaker in the ballroom.

In order to get things moving as quickly as possible, we will be sure to fill out the first round of pools before the rest so everyone can get to playing their matches instead of waiting around. Pool assignments for all games using pools (SF4, Marvel, SFxT, SCV, KoF13, SG, and 3rd Strike possibly) will be emailed out by Tuesday. Wednesday is the absolute latest we’d send them out. If you guys have any questions, please feel free to contact us via email, Facebook, or Twitter!

NOTE: EMERGENCY ON-SITE REGISTRATION ENDS 10:30AM SATURDAY AND VENUE FEE IS $40!

Spectator fee is $20.

Hi,

Do you have the exact number of players who will participate in the SFIVAE tournament?

Thanks =)

ST tournaments are probably the fastest not only because the game is so fast, but they will generally have the least entries. Not only that, most participants have been around a while and can handle running brackets to take some of the work off the people running the main games. I also don’t want to be there two days for a tournament that takes minutes as opposed to hours.

I spoke to Damdai today. The first ST tournament will start at 2pm and the second will start at 5pm, both happening on Saturday. We understand that people who are coming for the sole purpose of the ST tournaments don’t necessarily want to be there both days just to have to play in a 3 hour tournament. The game goes SUPER fast (no pun intended :wink: ).

running brackets and playing in both tournies lol o boy cant wait

I cant wait.

This hotel is just 3 miles away from the venue and I was able to get a room with a king size bed for $90(I believe it was $100 without it) each night with my AAA card. They should have rooms available still so check it out if your still looking

HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany
1 Ridgedale Avenue North
Whippany, NJ 07981 US
Tel: +1 973 605 1001 Fax: +1 973 605 8338

If anyone needs a room still I’m looking for 3 additional people to split with. It would be $40 for Friday and Saturday night or just $20 for one night. I’m booked at the Hyatt House Parsipanny 3 miles from the venue with shuttle service.

Send me a pm if interested.

One question and one comment.

Question: Can I just walk in on, say, Saturday night, pay $20 at the front and spectate? Do you get some kind of spec pass that needs to be acquired earlier in the day? Does it carry over for the whole tournament weekend?

Comment: Morristown is a stones throw from the Morris Plains and Parsippany area which holds a massive hub of corporate headquarters and businesses. As a result there are hotels EVERYWHERE within a 10-15 minute radius of the venue just in case anyone’s discouraged about sellouts or whatnot.

to answer your question; i believe u can buy one saturday night. if its like other ones i been to, u can buy it whenever since your just there to watch and it last the whole weekend event.

yo where are the hot spots for food that’s walking distant from the hotel?

The $20 spectator pass is good throughout the weekend, you can buy it whenever. You can also play the DoA5 side tournament with just the spectator pass.