[Jun 9, 2012] East Coast Throwdown 4 - EVO 2012 TS $3K UMVC3 Bonus + GamerBee! (Morristown, NJ)

So, where will ECT4 be streamed?

sp00ky will be doing the main stage stream, Kombat Network will be doing MK9, 8WayRun will be doing SCV and VF5FS Sunday, and Team St1ckbug will be doing anime. Bifuteki will be doing the day 2 SF4 and Marvel streams for Top 32 or 64 if we have a 512 man bracket.

Sooo who’s in what pool lol ;D

7/8 for UMVC3
5 for SG

Whoa whoa whoa hoooolllllld up

DoA5 side tournament? This is the first time I’ve heard about that. I don’t see it mentioned in the OP or the main site. Do you have any more details about this, like how to sign up and when it’s going to happen? I apologize if I’ve missed it but I can’t find anything for it anywhere.

That was actually a typo, but it IS a possibility. I need to double check on what’s going on.

Here’s the schedule folks!

Saturday

8:00am – 10:30am
EMERGENCY REGISTRATION ($40 venue fee)

12:00pm
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012 – Pools 1-4 START
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 – Pools 1-4 START
Street Fighter X Tekken – Pools 1-2 START
Soulcalibur V – Pools 1-2 START
King of Fighters XIII – Pools 1-2 START
Skullgirls – Pools 1-2 START
Mortal Kombat 9 – Pools 1-2 START
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend – Pool 1 START

1:00pm
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend – Pool 2 START
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core – START
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition – START
Super Street Fighter II Turbo Tournament of Legends Qualifier 1 - START

2:00pm
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012 – Pools 5-8 START
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 – Pools 5-8 START
Street Fighter X Tekken – Pools 3-4 START
Soulcalibur V – Pools 3-4 START
King of Fighters XIII – Pools 3-4 START
Skullgirls – Pools 3-4 START
Mortal Kombat 9 – Pools 3-4 START
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend – Pool 2 START
Tekken 6 - START

3:00pm
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend – Pool 3 START

4:00pm
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012 – Pools 9-12 START
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 – Pools 9-12 START
Street Fighter X Tekken – Pools 5-6 START
Soulcalibur V – Pools 5-6 START
King of Fighters XIII – Pools 5-6 START
Skullgirls – Pools 5-6 START
Mortal Kombat 9 – Pools 5-6 START
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend – Pool 4 START

5:00pm
Super Street Fighter II Turbo Tournament of Legends Qualifier 2 – START

6:00pm
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012 – Pools 13-16 START
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 – Pools 13-16 START
Street Fighter X Tekken – Pools 7-8 START
Soulcalibur V – Pools 7-8 START
King of Fighters XIII – Pools 7-8 START
Skullgirls – Pools 7-8 START
Mortal Kombat 9 – Pools 7-8 START

7:00pm
Pools continue

8:00pm
86|Fanatiq vs MH|RayRay Marvel 3 Money Match (Tournament will not stop for this, pools will continue)
(If 512 Bracket is Used) Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012 – Pools 17-20 – START
(If 512 Bracket is Used) Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 – Pools 17-20 – START
Street Fighter X Tekken – Top 16 to Top 8 - START
Soulcalibur V – Top 16 to Top 8 - START
King of Fighters XIII – Top 16 to Top 8 – START
Mortal Kombat 9 – Top 16 to Top 8 - START

9:00pm
Pools continue

10:00pm
(If 512 Bracket is Used) Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012 – Pools 21-24 – START
(If 512 Bracket is Used) Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 – Pools 21-24 – START
Street Fighter X Tekken – Top 8 to Top 4 – START
Soulcalibur V – Top 8 to Top 4 – START
King of Fighters XIII – Top 8 to Top 4 – START
Mortal Kombat 9 – Top 8 to Top 4 - START

11:00pm
Pools continue

12:00am
Venue closes down for the day

Sunday

10:00am
(If 512 Bracket is Used) Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012 - Pools 25-28 – START
(If 512 Bracket is Used) Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 – Pools 25-28 – START
Finals begin (game schedule TBD)

12:00pm
Registration for Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Begins
(If 512 Bracket is Used) Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012 – Pools 29-32 – START
(If 512 Bracket is Used) Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 – Pools 29-32 – START
Finals continue (game schedule TBD)

2:00pm
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdow Side-Tournament Begins
(If 512 Bracket is Used) Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012 – Top 64 through Top 32 – START
(If 512 Bracket is Used) Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 – Top 64 through Top 32 – START

4:00pm
(If 512 Bracket is Used) Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012 – Top 32 through Top 16 – START
(If 512 Bracket is Used) Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 – Top 32 through Top 16 – START

6:00pm
(If 512 Bracket is Used) Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012 – Top 16 through Top 8 - START
(If 512 Bracket is Used) Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 – Top 16 through Top 8 – START

8:00pm
(If 512 Bracket is Used) Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012 – Top 8 – START

10:00pm
(If 512 Bracket is Used) Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 – Top 8 START

If the 256 man scenario is used, the finals schedule will follow the same order, with Marvel as the last and SF4 as second to last. Again, please subscribe to our Twitter (www.twitter.com/ecthrowdown) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/ecthrowdown) for up-to-the-second updates!

if anyone has room in their hotel, please let me know. up to 6 ppl if possible but who ever you invite would naturally chip in. im seeking for rooms in the main hotel however.

2 MORE DAYS TILL RAYRAY vs FANATIQ GET HYPE!!!

I can’t wait 1 more day.

Skullgirls will be done all in one day? o.o

Sorry for the double post… Will SG be in the “Anime” stream? Its not really an anime but people like to think otherwise, so just asking for clarification.

St1ckbug will be streaming the majority of pools for SG and it will be run in that area. We want to give people an excuse to watch guilty gear :wink:

Finals for Skullgirls will take place on Sunday on sp00ky’s stream.

What time roughly will that start?

Skullgirls finals? I’m not 100% sure on the stream schedule right now. We’ll have it done by tomorrow.

Pools start at 12:00pm Saturday for virtually every game.

Morristown is fairly small and kind of condensed around “the Green” which is an historical park dead in the middle of the city right down the road from the Hyatt.

There are a bunch of cafes and some italian restaurants, probably more serious than your hoping for, directly across from the hotel on the west side of speedwell ave. some of them are fairly new/renovated and i haven’t been in any of them but one is zagat rated. the prices will vary obv and some are really serious business in terms of serving hours and price.

If you walk north up Speedwell you’ll immediately be in the hispanic part of town with some hispanic groceries and a cheap chicken place or two. i really wouldn’t recommend getting adventurous over there at night in general. not that its so dangerous but there is really nothing worth bothering going up there for.

You’re much better off walking south on speedwell down to the Green. It’s a very short walk, you’ll be able to see one of the corner traffic lights from the hotel entrance. From the Green there are some decent bars south and east of the park for night life. But pretty much any of the 4 roads along the edge of the park will lead you to a lot of choices of cafes, restaurants, pizzerias, etc (cold stone creamery ftw), especially along Washington St, which is also called CR510 (and which become South Street as you walk SE along it) and if you’re willing to walk a little farther, heading east along Morris St towards the train station, which leads to some fast food, more pizzerias, pubs, steakhouses etc.

Cluck-U chicken is really popular and right next to the train station in a strip by the burger king. i don’t know what the equivalent of it would be in like the west coast or southwest, but it’s literally what would happen if a college student started a buffalo chicken wing franchise for late night meals. it’s good chicken but it can get super busy…however they do offer (spotty) delivery and i think online ordering. so this may end up being the secret S tier fast food choice of the tourny if ppl figure it out. but if they get swamped i wouldn’t be surprised if they started really delaying/stopping people from getting their food. its good, but its often staffed by like high school kids and shit. just saying.

so i would say head down to the green and shoot for a cafe or a pizzeria. keep cluck-u in the back of your mind. there is a huge variety of cuisines, so youll probably will be able to find multiple options for your taste.

This is set up perfectly! Both Fanatiq and Rayray took 3rd place at their respective weeklies.

Hey guys, myself and another Vegas player are going to ECT, would like to go to the break weekly coming up (6/12) as well as BigTwo (6/13). We will be staying in NY/NJ until we leave for CEO on the 14th. We haven’t found a place to stay after ECT yet, and before I find another expensive hotel, I thought I would reach out to see if anyone can help out. I’m a stick modder and I’ll be modding at ECT, and I’ll be more than happy to mod for a place to stay for a night or 2 (or 4) haha. See you all at ECT!

Heads up I will be bringing the latest ‘worked on’ build of Skullgirls (ie what they’re aiming to have ready for the patch in the future) to ECT4.

I will be there mid day Saturday coming from school. John I just need one set up and I’ll pay for SG entry when I get there so stick me late into the brackets if possible.

Play this video before the Rayray/Fanatiq MM to build the hype!!!

[media=youtube]tv99eiPeBRo[/media]

Room 404 salty suite stream, mm only. Www.twitch.tv/deadly_bison