[Jun 9, 2012] East Coast Throwdown 4 - EVO 2012 TS $3K UMVC3 Bonus + GamerBee! (Morristown, NJ)

Marvel casuals in room 410

Anybody got a room I can stay in Saturday Night? I’ll gladly help with the cost. Late notice I know lol Hit me up here or pm in the next 3 hrs

So how many people got kicked out of rooms by the awesome security in that hotel?

So Andre didn’t get his 4th win counted in that first money match, right? I mean I wasn’t rooting for him but I think he did actually win that set.

Yup.

Putting AE on a secondary, laggy as shit, regularly crashing and bad quality stream = fail imo.

Just sayin…

I agree, you should definitely get a refund for the free secondary stream. I’d email them ASAP and get my money back if I was you.

shoutouts to delaying pool 13-16 for 3 hours for some money matches. didn’t know a spectacle was more important than running your tournament on schedule.

SF4 and Marvel ran on a 45 minute delay from the start. Nothing was deliberately delayed during the money matches. Joe and myself announced several times that pools were still going on. Most people simply dropped out of the pools to watch.

It’s really a double edged sword that’s nearly impossible to avoid. Do we stop the entire tournament just for two exhibitions? Or do we press on even though all 90% of the people want to do is watch the matches? We decided to keep the pools moving along, but we were much more lenient on DQs during this time.

We also tried pushing the matches back to midnight, but the players didn’t want to play that late with that much money on the line. We couldn’t force them to play at a certain time, especially when for over a month it was decided the match would be played at 8:00pm.

Also, as far as I can remember, the pools finished well before midnight, it may have even been before 11:00pm, which is still a REALLY good time for things to finish at a tournament. Especially when compared to last year when MK went on until 3am.

So, in short, sorry if you felt that everything was pushed to the side for the matches, but we did what we could to keep things moving along.

the guy who was supposed to oversee pool 13 kept telling me “we’re starting soon don’t go anywhere” and all sorts of other stuff until finally he straight up said he’s waiting til after the money match. i talked to joe afterwards and he said that wasn’t supposed to happen and that pools were supposed to keep going. except for DMG.insayne (who i think was playing his marvel matches) everyone from my pool was ready and waiting.

all in all i guess it doesn’t matter but it was just a bit annoying. ECT4 was hella fun and i hope i can make it again next year.

Ah ok gotcha. We’ll try to think of a better system for ECT5’s exhibitions, whatever they may be.

Yep, being in the AE pool 16 I got the exact same experience, spent like more than 2 or 3 hours waiting because my pool was supposed to start :confused:
Aside from this minor problem the event was awesome, nice venue, it may now be too small considering the extremely high number of players in there :slight_smile:

Oh, and by the way, when you get the change to have a top Asian player such as Gamerbee coming, you should definitely organize a streamed Kumite. Everybody wants to play him, and al stream monsters want to see him playing, so this would satisfy everybody!