Julia Partner Thread

I think Julia can do both, build meter easily… don’t find myself often going to her EX moves… but also spend it, that super is just too good :slight_smile:

i’d pick Rufus or Abel, maybe Lili if you play Julia on point

Julia’s Super is good and quick, but I also find myself going for EX tiger Strike if only for that extra bit of damage… or to do EX CADC PC into Cr.HP

uh ok I can use either rufus, abel or lili, but Im not sure who would work best with julia (playstyle and strategywise) Id like some advice please :slight_smile:

oh after the tatsu xx crumple I do f.hp (ground bounce), c.hp xx tiger strike/dp or f.hp, f.mp f.lp, c.mk xx tiger strike. does about 500.

i usually use heavy tiger strike when i can’t get both hits of dragon kicks. are you getting 447 with one meter?

I tend to end meterless combos with tiger strike (nice setup for dash crumple or empty dash) longer combos though I prefer dragon kick since you end up closer to your opponent

and yeah I can get julia into ken on one meter for 447… like I said before, i’m sure anyone can do more but my execution is low so I keep things simple :slight_smile:

I’m thinking about Steve/Julia due to Steve being the ultimate anti-shoto.

BTW, how do you guys think Xiaoyu goes with Julia?

Xiaoyu would be good because she doesn’t require so much meter. Especially her combos off overhead that end in cr.:hk: stance cancel loop. You can then use that meter for Julia’s super to change the game to your favor.

One problem though is how Xiaoyu is going to get in as point. She has some problems getting in, and once people play against her more, it’s just going to get harder.

Hi there Julia mains. I just tried Julia and liked her very much. I also like Bob,but is this official team viable? I’d rather use those two,if not can you recommend other tekken chars that could work? No sf please,3 years plus of sf4 is enough SF chars for now :slight_smile:

I’m currently using Julia on point with Kuma on backup. It’s working pretty well. I’m not amazing, but currently rising at 3,800 BP with this team.

…not to mention, making my friends rage. :stuck_out_tongue:

i use ryu, if u have 2 meters u can land ex shoryu and tag into julia and use her heavy dash punch mid screen to get crumple.

I use the official team but Bob has several very bad matchups (especially vs grapplers) and most of the time it feels like Julia
is carrying the team, Bob is fun to use though and he doesn’t require any meter so it isn’t all bad, I think the team is viable
but only with Julia on point although Bob is better on point against Guile and other lame characters because of his belly fireball reflect, probably the funniest move in the game.

Rolling with Kazuya/Julia right now. Pow!

How do you guys feel about Chun + Julia? Chun is my girl so I’m absolutely going to play her, but I reaalllllly want to play Julia, but I also can’t force myself to play a meh team, soo… Yeah :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually use Chun and Julia. It’s good. Chun is better against the match ups Julia is not so great against. Julia has a reversal, which is good backup for Chun. They both have good footsies. I like the damage off of launch and tag cancel combos. Both have good mobility. Julia has good health, especially for a woman, so it’s not a glass team. They can both play w/o meter and Chun footsies into chain combo into Julia juggle into super is nice.

On the flip side, I’m one of those guys that picked up Rufus in SF4 because I used Yun in 3s, and Rufus/Julia did so much damage it felt like CHEATING.

I think a big factor is whether or not you’re good w/ linking into Chun’s SBK. The mixup off of tag cancel might take that team from solid to very good.

Yeah, I can get into SBK quite well. My problem is I come from Chun / Asuka, and Asuka’s damage output is insane and easy. Any random lightning legs or SBK turns into 400-480 damage off a simple 1 meter switch cancel combo. x]

I was worried about Julia’s damage output at first, but I’m finding it’s actually quite good, she just has to work harder for it, which is fine.

I’ve been reconsidering Poison’s place on the team. She’s nice and all, decent rush down and fireballs, but the damage is a bit hard to acquire without alot of meter and even then, there are character that do more than the damage Poison produces with meter in their sleep.

I unno. I’m still experimenting

Julia/Law. For no other reasons than I love both characters, Law has the tools to deal with projectiles, they both hit like mac trucks, and they’re fun as all hell to play.

Playing Ryu/Julia right now. I don’t see a lot of team synergy in my team but, Ryu is so strong it doesn’t matter for now.

How does Julia fare on point?

I might try Julia/Asuka or Julia/Lili