Joie de vivre! Ultra Abel Discussion

Looks like hardly anyone plays Abel anymore, pretty dead 'round these parts. Was thinking the overhead kick link into s.mp into red focus will crumple allowing for new combo. I’ve been MIA myself, but with Ultra approaching then it might be time to start getting back in to the game. Then again, I feel I’m too old to be playing, lol.

Good point - close st.hk becomes much scarier now with Red Focus. Gives Abel a legitimate threat off overhead with 3 bars and ultra stocked

By the sounds of things, this means you can do something like F+MK xx dash, st.HP xx HP CoD xx 2nd Low, st.MP xx MP CoD. Very weird .
[/quote]

St mp doesn’t cancel.

Close st.mp does, but you’re probably right - push back may be an issue here.

Was that 2nd low change solely to be able to combo into finish low?

I mistakenly did super instead of ultra after c.hp and it comboed. Lol

I believe 1.01 is out in arcades tomorrow. Can’t wait for far c.lk into excod. : )

Spent a few hours practising c.lk, c.lp+hk, (link) c.lk, excod. So happy Abel can cover most backdashes and combo into knockdown from low.

Managed to fs Dee Jay’s normal dread kick while building meter. Lol.

I haven’t had a chance to play yet (Only have AE on Steam) but I was thinking about this last night. If you perform EX CoD with lk + mp + hp, you’ll get st.lk if you accidentally chain cr.lp into cr.lk instead of link. Good way to get an extra 30 damage if you fuck up.

Itching to play Ultra. Sucks that the PC version is delayed :frowning:

Feels really weird to be able to combo in s.hp on crouching opponents, especially c.lk into s.hp on crouching opponents. My mind doesn’t accept it, trying to adjust.

Can someone please test cr.hp as a punish against Gief far st.hk? Wondering whether it’ll get 2 hits because the range on second hit of cr.hp looks ridiculous.

That is a very good idea. Had about 10 matches yesterday and I still haven’t done c.lk into cod combo on ppl yet. Hard to pick up new habits.

Lost 3 games vs Fei yesterday. His nerfs haven’t made the footsie match any easier, delay wake up hurts Abel’s okizeme and now his Ultra juggles 3 times. Ouch.

Adon can dp, hold focus, dash forward and connect a dp.

Abel hits twice, full hits.

Hahaha really? If so, this is so stupid.

Red focus only connects on cl. Hp and 1st CoD. I feel that Abel shouldn’t really use red FA anyway, since once we hit either of those we could just do what we normally do and save a bar. Now we can land Ultra off of overhead(OH, cr. short xx EX COD.) I haven’t tested who this works on but I do know that it works on Cammy.

How does everyone feel about the new update? I haven’t played in months and tried out ultra just last night. Personally I feel that everything about abel is better then it was.

Its just the new delayed wake up thats a bit good/bad. Making all vortexs slightly weaker helps and hurts.

Sakura seems to be the most difficult to deal with now. Also red focus into ultra 2 is nice.

Found something useful maybe. You can do a light roll after an anti air elbow and still land an ultra 1.

You could do this in 2012 but it was character specific - it worked on Sagat, as an example. Maybe his Ultra 1 hitbox changes makes this more consistent

Sigh, Ken’s focus attack still beats Ultra 1. :frowning:

So… are people going to be active posting again with Ultra out? I’ve been more active in the FB group but I do miss this format too since its more organized…

Decapre has a weird hitbox. Cr lk, Cr jab, Cr lk, Cr jab, Step kick works on her if you slightly delay the last jab. Sadly if you do it off a step kick your too deep to get the in combo meaty. I am holding out hope for an easy infinite on her though with more testing.

She also has an odd waking up hitbox. Setup Back throw, Cr mp(whiff), j lp. She is unable to DP that setup (it goes under you). If she crouches on wakeup you cross her over without hitting her. More testing required.

Hugo is so free to Step kick, TT.