Jin Kazama thread

Greetings all personnel, fellow members, and guests,

The SFxT roster confirms that Jin Kazama will be a playable character.
This is the thread where individuals can post their thoughts. Feel free to provide game play footage, strategies, experiences on the Tekken games themselves, which character he would be facing off against, theories on how he might implement his moves on SFxT and controversy on his character alignment (the good guy/bad guy controversy).
It would seem like Jin Kazama would be a fun character yet complicated character to use in this game

http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Street-Fighter-X-Tekken-Artwork-Jin-280x386.jpg

Street fighter x Tekken story description
The current head of the Mishima Zaibatsu. To exterminate the tainted blood of Mishima, he aims to take the life of both his father Kazuya and his grandfather Heihachi. He was a serious and gentle person in the past, but due to the many encounters he has had, he has become a calculating individual. He is in agony due to the Devil Gene with him, and believing that the power of Pandora may help extinguish the Devil Gene, Jin travels to the South Pole.le.

(The description is there i just have to change the color from white.)

Move list

Normal Throws

Tidal Wave
(near opponent) :f: or ☼ :lp::lk:

Over the Shoulder Reverse
(near opponent) :b: :lp::lk:

Special Moves

Special Step
:f:☼:d::df:

Thrusting Uppercut
(during Special Step) :lp:

Right Roundhouse Punch
(during Special Step) :mp:

Lunging Low Roundhouse Kick (L.L.R.K.)
(during Special Step) :mk:

Spinning Flare Kick
(during Special Step) :lk::mk: (written as LM:k:)

Lunging Low Roundhouse Kick (L.L.R.K.) -> Spinning Flare Kick
(during Special Step) :mk: -> :k::k:

Power Stance (EX)
:qcb::p:

Median Line Destruction (EX)
:f::b::f::p:

Mental Alertness
:d::k::k:

Left Drill Punch
(during Mental Alertness) :lp:

Swinging Fist Strikes
(during Mental Alertness) :lp: -> :mp: OR :hp:

Swaying Willow
(during Mental Alertness) :mp: OR :hp:

Leaping Side Kick
(during Mental Alertness) :lk:

Right Sweep
(during Mental Alertness) :mk: OR :hk:

Penetrating Fist (EX, SC)
:qcf::p:

Unique Attacks

Left Right Combo
(far from opponent) :lp: -> :mp:

Inner Axe
(far from opponent) :lp: -> :mp: -> :lk:

Spinning Hook Kick
(far from opponent) :lp: -> :mp: -> :mk:

Kazama Style 5 Hit Combo
:lp: -> :lk: -> :mp: -> :lp: -> :mk:

Kazama Style 6 Hit Combo
:f::lk: -> :lp: -> :lk: -> :mp: -> :lp: -> :mk:

Shun Masatsu
:b::mp: -> :lp:

Super Art

Devil Beam
:qcf::p::p::p:

Videos

Reveal trailers
[media=youtube]p0eV7Mk1LvQ[/media]
[media=youtube]VfTSbaD6o3o[/media]

Cross Arts
[media=youtube]0PQjwJH3CPs[/media]

Other gameplay videos
[media=youtube]vm4ZD8LPBxg[/media]
[media=youtube]wwKLkn4LxPA[/media]
[media=youtube]-StOiz1k-WQ[/media]

Special Thanks to Genistar and those who contribute to finding and analyzing SFxT game play material.

If the trailer was a hint to anything, then a brief transformation for his Super Art would be expected.

I can’t really imagine his special moves for this game because Capcom has been somewhat random choosing the ‘signature’ attacks for the Tekken crew (like no hellsweeps for Heihachi or whatever the fuck they did to Raven).

If I had to guess I’d think he’d end up having a similar scheme to Kaz, though.

f,n,d,d/f+MP - Electric Wind Hook Fist (EX causes wall bounce)
f,n,d,d/f+LP - His CD+1
f,n,d,d/f+MK - Jin’s version of a hellsweep (his L.L.R.K. or whatever the fuck it’s called)
qcb+LP and followups - His b,f+2,1,2
Launcher move would be his d+3+4 or u/f+4
Cross Art would probably involve that stupid 5-hit Kazama string that’s not worth a damn in Tekken.

Him having a parry would be interesting, but I seriously doubt Capcom would include it.

Didnt he share that “mini hop-kicks” with asuka? (or was it devil jin?) because it was shown as a special on yesterday trailer, so he may have it as well.

I wonder how Devil Jin will be incorporated. An actual transformation in-game would be cool but that doesnt seem like something Capcom would do. If they do though, it would save me the time of choosing between the two.

Tbh, they should do it. Kazuya can do it in TT2, he should be able to do in SFxT.

There are still no videos out on Jin’s game play yet. If anyone here were to utilize the Gems System, what kind of Gems would you propose?

The game play that I am betting on might end up something like this: Jin will be a power-house, with a slow walking speed, but a rather quick dash. Jin will probably excel at close-quarters and short range attacks. He will end up having his Median Line Destruction, Evil Intent, Double Chamber Punch, and his Corpse Thrusts to smash opponents if they do get too close.
Jin might have his 6 hit string combo as well. Jin’s strength will most likely be on the ground with mediocre air and long-range options. He may also have fighting stances available, like the Mental Alertness. One of his Super/Cross moves will be a variation of the Avenger.
His anti-air options will be the double lift kick and maybe a variation of the Left Roundhouse Uppercut (DP+ punch) or even the Electric Wind Hook fist.

This all could be wishful thinking. This is Capcom we are talking about.

Devil Jin for Pandora imo.
If Heihachi can have his own skin, then Jin can.

I am very happy that jin is in(Not that I doubted him for even a second)
I swear this game has so many characters I want to try… So many…

Too many, too many. Well that’s good because for some odd reason every fighter that comes out i always have a main I spend like 95% of the time in training mode. the other 5% i just check out other charcater’s combos but i forget them because i dont spend time on them. This will change in this game

The characters are the ones who seem to attract individuals towards this game. Giving the player options for creative strategies to work with is a good idea in context, especially sense this is a fighting game based on two series we all know and love.

The moves he’ll probably have
Forward throw- Bitch kicks
A variation of Electric god fist wind
Thrust god fist
Spin heel kick
Low parry

So maybe they make him able to transform into his DJ self and change the moveset to an extend… kinda like Tag 2 can do with Kaz.

It would make sense if the company leaders in charge of this project did something like this. They might treat this as if it were a Cross/Super move and have him utilize a new variety of cool and violent moves. Would a time limit be plausible for something like this? Or maybe, have this as a regular move and he just change back and forth. Both of the forms might have strengths and weaknesses. I hope to encounter some new videos featuring his game play footage so that we can get an idea of whats good.

I hope he still has his “DAH” sounds when he preform EWGF, that’s my favorite thing about Jin.
He has awesome noise sounds…

Ah well in any case, would be great see him not being so bad like he is in the recent Tekken games. Namco might been to scared since he was that beastly with JF Laser Scraper, 2,1 and easy 50% juggles…, so Capcom may elevate him cause they don’t know about his Tier history. :wink:

Hey everybody! Found a video on Jin (plus Ogre) game play footage. Enjoy and feel free to elaborate on strategies or theories!

[media=youtube]VfTSbaD6o3o[/media]

His Super Art

[media=youtube]0PQjwJH3CPs[/media]

Pretty awesome in my opinion.

He looks awesome! I can’t wait to learn him.

Put the updated info in the opening post!!!

Think I saw a Shun Masatsu (It’s his b+2,1 move in Tekken 6) move into cross super thing.

Super Art, so sick