"It's not X you should worry about -- it's me!" - The Zero Beginners Guide

It’s possible to do 3C to 623A. You just have to buffer the shoryu

You don’t even have to buffer (I don’t buffer it…I just imput as it goes), but it helps for people who are newer to fast fighting games.

I play with the classic iti s indeed better than the GC controller GC sucks period.

Zero/MM may be a legit squad.

Wait is the glitch/trick the ability to DHC as soon as Zero punches the ground and the Giga still goes as normal?

because of the invincibility, the ground pound super may be useful for hitting assists, which it does considerable damage to

No, the glitch/trick is that the “ground pound” part of the super will OTG launch only when the super is DHC at the moment Zero hits the ground.

While experimenting in training mode with Zero and Alex, I tried their VHC in the corner with Rekkoha (sp?) On a blocking opponent, the last hit of Alex’s hyper will still grab them, transitioning into the animation for the Power Bomb - leaving Zero completely available to do another Rekkoha which will connect as they’re getting slammed by Alex netting a combo worth roughly 17 billion damage. This is a minor find and it’s hardly practical due to it requiring 4 stocks but maybe, just maybe, it’ll come in handy in some sort of clutch situation. Plus, any info is good info this soon after the release of the game. I’ll try and get some video up later.

May? Lol.

It is.

623A is so fast that it combos into itself, which basically means that it does more damage than the B/C versions on top of already being a better/safer dp lol.

From my studies with the various different controllers (I’ve used them all), Zero is one of the few characters that don’t suffer from using a Wiimote and Nunchuk, or Wiimote controller. Hadogeki (sword slash projectile) is much more easier to spam, especially with Zero’s lvl one shadow clone, which produces double the projectiles, it works even better if you use Morrigan or Ryu as an assist, on top of that, you can release a baroque hadogeki with shadow clone, all while charging up a mega buster blast, the synergy of this will cause 8k of damage fully charged with the shadow clone hyper. If you sense the opponent is going to air dash and/or kick dive toward you, read it and use rekkoha (rainbow lasers), Zero is invulnerable while using Rekkoha, and since the opponent is approaching you, he will most likely get hit with the full attack, all the rainbow beams.
I’d prefer playing defense with Zero since he has such low health. With this strategy Zero can put a lot of pressure on his opponents while being safe.

To Artix:
The classic controller is better than the gamecube controller, the classic controller D-pad makes it easier to super jump, and faster inputs, since the control stick on the gamecube is more stiff than the classic controllers control stick or d-pad. I like using the d-pad more than the classic controller control stick, the input seems faster and more accurate. I mostly use the classic controller, I use Wii mote and Nunchuk for only a few characters.

As for the GCN stick being stiffer: the Nunchuk stick, GCN analog stick and GCN cstick (and probably the CC stick too but I haven’t checked) are all entirely interchangeable (if you have tools to open your controllers) as they all use the exact same ball socket connector. The Nunchuk stick is also the lightest of the bunch (dunno about CC stick but now that I think about it I think it’s the same stick as the Nunchuk actually).

That said I’m probably giving up on pad. I only don’t play stick in this game because I don’t have a wii/GCN/PS2 stick but the difficulty of charge shot combo loops on pad make playing pad very unappealing.

Charge attacks are also easier to input on a stick. Unless you use the Wiimote and Nunchuk, but your movelist is limited, but charge attacks are so much easier to perform. Does anyone know of any mappable controllers that can map multiple inputs for 1 button? That would be so very useful, and would probably be even better than a stick, since you can map the buttons any way you like. Too bad Capcom didn’t add editable options for the Wiimote and Nunchuk set up. If they did, that would probably be better than a stick. D-pad could of been light, medium, hard, and taunt. A could of been dash/advanced guard. - could of been partner/baroque.

Switch your button up? I have 2 C buttons making charging with a and going to b and then C easy.

Anyone else find that Sougenmu (Shadow Clone) is more useful than Rekkoha (Rainbow lasers)? I’m curious to know people’s thought’s on this.

I agree. It’s just that no one is actively using it becase you can’t build meter in Vism and having as much meter as possible is good.

The only thing that’s really good about Vism is that special move double versions arent affected by scaling.

V-ism sucks, I don’t get why you’d waste meter on it. It barely lasts long enough to get off 2-3 projectiles. And obviously if you’re standing there backing up you want projectiles so they’re not just gonna let you throw them around.

I don’t really use meter at all with zero, I just save it all for bursts. The OTG shit is too inconsistent for me and unless I want to kill them without a megacrash I don’t usually use level 3, although sometimes I do reverse with it when I see an opening since it’s so satisfying.

Lately I’ve been just working block strings into different command dash mix ups. The jumping one is definitely the best unless you have a good assist that’s easy to combo off of and doesn’t take long to come out. Jumping one gives you cross up, overhead, low, throw mix up so I usually stick to it.

Also just started using it more but Zero’s A uppercut is amazing. It beats out anything and everything in the air, and it’s pretty damn safe. I love that thing.

Sougenmu (214 HC) last’s for 7 seconds. It usually takes only 1 second to throw out a projectile with Zero, and if your assist is Ryu or Morrigan you can throw out 2 more projectiles, it takes 4 seconds for your partner assist recharge. When Sougenmu is activated, your projectiles are doubled, creating a constant wall of hit boxes, forcing your opponent to approach. Sooner or later your opponent will mess up and get caught. I say Sougemu is an easier move to hit with when you combine with the right attacks, Rekkoha isn’t easy to hit with. I waste meter on Sougenmu all the time, just because it puts so much pressure on your opponents to approach you, and if they do manage to approach you, use Zero’s uppercut as they dive kick toward you, it beats out alot of attacks, or use rekkoha, if you have more meter to spare, your invincible while activating it if they plan on dive kicking their way out of the spam.

Another thing, what moves does Zero have that are good against the giants? I don’t think Zero has any knockdown moves, and I have trouble building meter against the giants. And does anyone know how many combo hits it takes to make the giants dizzy?

50+ hits for giants IIRC. And Zero has a buster. nuff said.

But it doesn’t create a constant wall of shit. There’s a delay between each projectile and most of them are pretty close together so they don’t even cover that much space. All they have to do is just super jump up and block, I think most people can wait 7 seconds. Even then the sonic booms have bad recovery time and you can’t rekkoha while in v-ism so that doesn’t work.

Seriously… save your meter for burst, VAR, and partner counters, it’s so much more useful.