"It's not X you should worry about - it's me!" - The UMvC3 Zero Combo Thread

Actually it does. Hitstun scaling is on an invisible timer. Back in vanilla if you did 3x Shippuga loop and delayed the j.MM really late in the first launch the MMHS would drop at H in the relaunch, but the combo worked without issue if you did the j.MM faster on the first launch.

http://myfacewhen.com/images/10.jpg

Well I’ll be damned, never come across the issue myself in all this time. Interesting…

Actually yeah, it has happened to me a few times. Whenever I do a combo, if I do it again but with a slower timing, the opp will pop out of it, even though it was the same I did at normal speed.

Anyone have the notation for the combo that involves the teleport down to relaunch?

It’s just the Jump Loop, replace the lv3.Buster, :dp:+:l: with lv3.Buster, j.:qcb:+:l:, land and dash :s: (if not in the corner)
:l::m::h::f:+:h::s:, sj.:m:sj.:m:sj.:h:, (wait till you’re close to the ground), j.:m:, (land), j.:m:j.:m:j.:h:, (land), j.:m: xx j.lv3 Buster xx j.:qcb:+:l:, (land and dash), :s:, sj.:m:sj.:m:sj.:h:sj.:s:

This. I use online mainly to keep the feeling of playing a live opponent. There’s a lot that you lose when you only play at sessions and/or tourneys - especially if they’re even a week apart. This really stunted my game in vanilla where I couldn’t even get a somewhat good connection online.

Omg Zero is foreal gonna be s tier Hes been so slept on… its not even funny, He basically Mvc2 storm with everything he can do… with sentinel damage…

Is not that he’s being slept on, its that people arent being lame enough with him.

Im about to run the fuck away like crazy with him then… I just hate how all his combos are basically push to corner Lightning loop now…

lol ok let me extend this a bit:

most people think zero is a rushdown character, which he’s not, don’t use him as such, you should be playing wolverine.

Zero can really be played in any style, that’s why you see lame zeros, rushdown ones or spacing, etc. The most important thing is to be able to switch and adapt to what your opp wants/is able to do, like, if they got wolvie, I’d just run the fuck out while shooting busters + assists, and if Im vs a zoning character, I will “SMARTLY” (I cant emphasize this hard enough) try to attack him.

Most zeros die because they randomly command dash into their deaths by eating a super in the face. I can’t remember how many zeros ive seen run into their death because they get too anxious to get that hit and kill, which only leads to get killed by magneto + drones. Zero can kill off 1 hit, so why would you get desperated to get it, since he has the tools to get around the screen and zone, its much better to swing in there, play smart and wait for the opp to make a mistake (or force one), punish it, kill that character (while pushing it into the corner) and mix the one coming.

Zero is more about smartly approaching and taking good decisions and educated “guesses”. He can play lame if you want or he can mix u up to your death as well, it all depends on who are u facing against and targeting his/her weak points.

If u want a good comparison, think Storm in MvC2, mostyl zoning and runaway (and punish) not necesary a rushdown character, but when she does, its damn scary.

Lol the Comman dash part is funny because I see that a lot also, see for me I can get hits whenever wherever, my mix up game reading and pressure game is solid ( Im a rufus main ) and I can run away, I just cant Touch of Death LOL, I think its because I hate lightning loop…

lol I also used to main Rufus, but I dropped AE 2012.

Can someone tell me what the notation for Zero’s lightning loop is? Lightning loop is mentioned as an alternative to Rekkoha in the OP, but there is nothing on how to actually perform it. Thanks.

Gonna add this to the OP later:

Basic setup is:
OTG H Dive xx lv3.Buster, .j:dp:+:l:, land, (Sougenmu) :qcb:+:atk::atk:, j.lv3 Buster, j.:dp:+:l:, land, :dp::uf:+:l:, land, :dp::uf:+:l:,land, j.lv3 Buster, j.:dp:+:l:, land, :dp::uf:+:l:, land, :dp::uf:+:l:,land, j.lv3 Buster, j.:dp:+:l:, land, EITHER :dp:+:h: (Ryuenjin) OR :qcf::uf:+:m: if you started with an OTG. Or just Sougenmu again and go for a 2nd Raikousen Loop.

I’m just now figuring out the timing for the jump loop lol. In mvc3 I would kind of delay the hits to get it but I didn’t realize in umvc3 you had to do them pretty rapidly. I feel kind of dumb.

I had just been doing [insert hit confirm magic series] j.M j.M j.H then lv3 buster, 623L and relaunch.

@Darkhadou X:
Nice, I never thought you could do two consecutive sougenmu lightning loops in one combo…
Queue in the obvious question: how come HSD doesn’t factor in on this one?

Lv.3 Buster and Raikouzen (all versions) have infinite hitstun.

I see. Thanks for that. One more thing, I’m just kind of curious:
How come Zero is able to charge up a Lvl 3 Buster right after

a.QCF.H xx Level 3 Buster xx a.DP.L, land, into Sougenmu into lightning loop?

Even counting the time that the Sougenmu activation animation takes, it would seem like Zero doesn’t have enough time to build up another Lvl 3 Buster afterwards.

You can charge the buster during the Sougenmu activation animation (when Zero puts his hand in front of him and the screen goes blue+black)

Yup, but it seems like it’s not enough to charge up a level 3 buster. But probably it’s just me :slight_smile: