It is critical that you pay attention! The Nova combo thread

Good question actually. I haven’t explored HRP too much, but I think both the medium, and heavy version can pull off some more damage(if HSD permits). All I know is that medium HRP might scale combo’s a decent bit(either that or I have too many hits prior). I’ll try it out now.

Ok, I just tried to extend that one with the many Hs.

j.H, st. M, st.H, S, j.H, fly, j.H, unfly,j.H, st.H, S, j.H, S, F+H, S, j.H xx Super Nova

I mashed it half-heartedly and got 765,200 (don’t have stick at the moment and I’m kinda tired lol). Looks so pretty

Edit: this was in corner~

hahah siiiiiiiiiiiick.

On the HRP:

779K(exact) off of a :h: HRP into H loop. Adding a st.:h: before might net some extra damage, although I just raw launcher’d into H Loop.

omg such nice combo and nice damage is it hard to do outside of the cornor?? how long did it take for you to get it down?? builds one meter depending on your second char you could probably kill most of the cast with a dhc. Man nova is looking awesome cant wait to pick up my copy today. :):slight_smile:

I’ll be updating the thread later

any videos would be helpful aswell

FRIGGEN DESK!!!

H’s… H’s everywhere

Not sure if this was posted, just found it and figured I’d give it a shot at throwing it up here. With X-Factor level 3 (might be possible with level 2, my execution isn’t that great after all) you can hit with L Centurion Rush, and then follow up with H xx L Centurion Rush. Rinse, repeat. You can also switch between Standing H and Crouching H to keep it going longer (as using just standing H will allow them to tech out eventually.) Seems infinite, though I haven’t tried doing more reps once I’ve killed a character.

If it’s already been posted, meh w/e, just found it in training mode. If not, have fun with that! lol

P.S. I know X-Factor level 3 stuff isn’t really “Combo material” but it’s nice to have when he’s your anchor.

Lol desk beat me to it. I had found his combo about 20 minutes after I figured it out above >.<. All good though.

Nah it’s not hard to do outside the corner once you learn the timing on it. It took me about an hour or so to get the timing down and stuff… Also, with the right DHC’s(like storm) you can kill several characters or setup somekills + a power-up(i.e wesker phantom dance to forcefully lose his glasses for the power-up).

Found a random corner fly combo using human rocket…

st.:h:,:s:, sj.:m:,:h:xxFly,:m:,:h:,:qcb::l:(human rocket), :l:,:h:,:s:,*:f::h:, :s:, sj.:h:,*xxSuper Nova(mash)

So yea consistent damage off of the easier h loops has me set for now. If HSD wasn’t so bad we could pull more damage, but it’s rough. Although, it serves the general purpose, and they all seem to get one bar for now.

Non-corner average 680k - 690k (with bad mashing, cause of pad :frowning: ) BnB that can be done anywhere is.

j.:h:, :m:,:h:,:s:,:j.:m:,j.:h:,fly,j.:m,j.:m:,j.:h:,j.:s:, :f::h:,:s:,j.:m:,j.:m:,j.:h:, :dp:+:atk::atk:.

It works on anyone so far (only haven’t tried it on joe yet), is easy to do. Especially since I got mediocre execution at best. Timing the follow up to the first :s: so you can do j.:m:, j.:h:, fly, etc is offputting at first, but after trying it 2-3 times I am sure anyone here can do it.

EDIT: Also, off any of this throws he can do almost 400k before super. I managed to do it on a friend, trying to replicate it in training mode.

I know you guys are better than I am at making combos, but figured I’d contribute. Long range combo starter with Nova. Used a tiger knee’d H Human rocket punch.

[media=youtube]CrQ_vYZbUrk[/media]

I added another hit at the jump part to get it to 750k, but it seems…very hard to time.

@Biz

Don’t worry about who is better and who isn’t. There needs to be combos of all execution levels in this thread! Keep up the good work everyone.

It’s more about just getting ideas out there and experimenting. Here’s a crazy idea…

against a jumping opponent you can do j.m > j.m > j.h > land > j.m > j.m > j.h > land > j.m > j.m > j.h > fly > f.m > f.m > f.h > dp+aa

Silly combo does about 610k mashed damage. Shades of the ironman MvC2 infinite.

The only problem with the loop combos are you have to land the cr.m somewhat deep for the loops not to miss in open space.

EDIT : Also, I’m having trouble landing it on a crouching opponent. It only seems to work on a standing opponent.

It works on crouching opponents. The timing for the loop is the same all around except for smaller characters(taller characters are easier). You also don’t have to use cr.:m: or cr.:h:. You can use st.:h: instead, and get a more consistent combo.

Been messing around with this some. It seems like to get the most consistent combo, you should do cr.:m:, stand :h:. Both moves have forward movements in them which should make the combo pretty consistent hopefully. We shall see. Thanks for the help.

I don’t know if anyone has tried a Nova Wesker team before, but a challenge I have come across is trying to use them together without burning Nova’s red health while still getting good damage. You can’t TCH with Wesker and Nova cause it will burn his red life as well. I think I have a good combo with Wesker on point, DHCing to Nova and now I think I have a good corner combo from Nova to Wesker using part of the Desk loop. It gets the opponent out of the corner so that you can get as many hits as possible with Wesker’s Phantom Dance. Right now I’m doing this with the team of Nova, Wesker, Doom. Again, this is probably not the most damage, but if it sparks some ideas, that’s whats most important.

[media=youtube]MHNl_DgT_bU[/media]

No problem man. I don’t mind helping at all.

I liked that loop so much that it gave me another version of it :smiley: :

j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h:, land, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h:xxFly, j.:m:, j.:h:xxUnFly, j.:h:, land, st.:h:, :s:, sj.:h:, j.:s:,:f::h:, :s:, sj.:h:xx SuperNova(mash)

got me about 705K.

Edit- Quicks(that is if you don’t mind) for the first fly/unfly combo add a note about taking st.L out of the combo for more damage, as well as adding a j.H before for around 750-760K total

[media=youtube]y9IsqR9P8o0[/media]

Heres a pretty simple midscreen combo with nova strike

does 684k with mashing

j.:h:, c.:h: ,:s: , j.:m:, j.:m:, j. :h:, Fly , :l::m::h: , :qcb::m:(Nova Strike) , :s: , :f::h: , :s: , j.:h:, Super Nova

Amusingly, that’s the team I’m using as well, but with Nova as anchor. I’m really digging it, but now that fly combo is challenging me.