Is this game still good to jump into now?

Was thinking of picking this up tomorrow. How far behind am I, does it still have a big online (PS3) scene? Worth it or wait till price drop? Recommendations plz :slight_smile:

No offense, but it’s people with your mentality why any games (not even fighting games…games like Dark Souls) have a hard time maintaining a playerbase. If you actually care about this game, don’t give into your cold feet. Pick it up and play it.

Is it cold feet, or your wallet? Seriously, not everyone has disposable funds, and while this member should be doing some more investigating than making his own answer my question thread, its still a legitimate question

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

lol asking the question “worth it” suggests he has the funds to buy it at full price. it isn’t a matter of capability.

Cool assumption.

Game’s been out for little over a month here, of course it’s still good to jump into…

To answer the question: If you like anime fighters, this is IMO a particularly accessible one (despite the fact I’ve never played a Persona game). I picked this up two weeks ago along with KOFXIII and I’ve been playing this wayy more because it feels unique and the characters are more vivid (read: weird) and you’ll undoubtedly be drawn to at least one (mine was Elizabeth…that’s a rough choice…but don’t be discouraged!)

I’ve never had trouble finding people online (most seem to be in Japan, but maybe that’s b/c I play late-ish at night in LA), and lag has never really been too big an issue.

if you end up snagging it, look me up on PSN!: hostvarious

Are you done derailing the thread?

You derailed it on the second post with an ad hominem argument about playerbase issues. I see it a lot when people ask questions and it jerks me.

fixed.

seriously, this kind of behavior bugs the hell outta me. if you’re interested in a game PLAY IT FFS. it’s barely a month old, what do you expect? that’s it’s gone, left and forgotten and ppl hang in this abandoned board only to tell you that’s not worth it? I mean WHY do you ask in THAT games section “if it worth it”? Obviously the people will tell you “yes!” since people who like the game are gathered exactly there. this mindset is that’s beyond my comprehension. maybe due to “killa” in the username, those always have something brilliant to provide.

When it comes to 2D fighting games? Totally.

[LEFT]Off course it is.[/LEFT]

Guys, could we not get all agitated from a simple question like this?

People can love a game or series all they want, but nobody wants to pick up a multiplayer game, especially at full current retail price and find out no one is playing it online or off.

It’s a fully and logical legitimate question.

Oh now you dunnit. Have fun on the flame train.

Oh SRK.

I still play this every day and have no trouble finding matches. The online scene is still plenty active, no reason to not get it now.

The game’s been out for less than a month and you’re worried about being behind?

People will play this game for many years to come, even if the scene dies down some. You’ve got time.

It isn’t really a stupid question but with this mentality it makes people cautious of picking the title up themselves and may hurt the scene. With trolls saying P4A is dead people get scared because they want to buy a game with a playerbase. The online seems great in PSN. This seems like the 3rd most popular game in the FGC only behind SF4 and UMVC3. It’ll prob get a lot of tournament support from Atlus given it’s their “most important title this year”. What people in the P4A forums can do is reassure them everything is fine instead of getting irritated and educate them. People have all sorts of fears, don’t bash, just encourage.

I’d say get the game cause it’s pretty awesome and it’s very much alive. It’s probably an evo 2013 title.

Thank you.
/thread

Dang, I see a lot of angry players who haven’t come to grips with their shadow selves :stuck_out_tongue:

I did pick this up tho and it’s AWESOME. Everything I wanted as a Persona and 2D fighting fan :smiley:

My only disappointment so far is Labrys’ voice :frowning: I immediately fell in love with her design when I saw it months ago…then I heard her speak :expressionless: Why oh why did they make her sound like a Jersey shore skank, who in atlus was receving oral favors from this VA?!?

You mean the english voice actress? I haven’t listened to the english one but I like her japanese voice.