Is Mika worthy of a nerf?

You might want to google that word - you probably meant “caveat”. :wink:

thx fixed.

Lol, yeah sorry it got completely derailed. It uh, it /started/ on topic >_>.

Did you see the vid I linked? I was able to punish it right next to her on start up. As stated I don’t think that is how it /should/ work and it should work exactly like you are saying, but you definitely do not need to be that far away to use it like you stated. Anyway I’ll probably end up making some thread in the Chun area about her wake up game later or something after the new update once things solidify a little more. Maybe they will even fix this ‘bug’ idk.

It’s so easy to get caught up in discussion.

I think S-Laughter is talking about the danger of performing c.hk on wakeup from so close. i.e., if she blocks, you’re gonna get wrecked.

Ok, wow. Did some testing and research and figured this c.hk vs. EX SBK thing out.

The TL;DR Version is this - c.hk has an insanely low hurtbox, and EX SBK has a pretty high hitbox.

The reason EX SBK is losing to c.hk isn’t because it isn’t fully invincible. It’s because c.hk is so low the ground it is actually entirely under EX SBKs hitbox. So EX SBK is invincible for 8 frames, but c.hk just stays under it completely and then hits it when it becomes vulnerable again.

Timing test to confirm:
Set Chun dummy to wake-up EX SBK and back recovery.
Do s.lk -> mp xx MP Peach, dash, c.hk

With this timing, c.hk goes under EX SBK every time and will CC the reversal. No other Mika normal is even close to this low to the ground. Everything else you can do will get hit (trust me, I tried).

Seriously though, look how low the hurtbox on R. Mika’s c.hk is. What you’re looking for is the green outline boxes, not the yellow and red ones. The green part is where Mika can actually be hit. I knew c.hk was low to the ground, but that is really low. None of her other tools come close.

EX SBK, on the other hand, has a really high hitbox. c.hk just stays right under it until the invuln ends, and then gets clipped (note that EX SBK doesn’t even HAVE a hurtbox, because it’s invincible, but in the later frames when it loses invuln it looks more like HK SBK).

If you didn’t already know that this hitbox reference resource existed, btw, it’s an awesome reference source.

Use it.

We should actually explore this a little more, because I bet you there are more practical ways to use this. I still maintain that the risk on c.hk (eat a combo of their choice on block) doesn’t justify the payoff, so I still wouldn’t recommend leaning on it, but it definitely does eat EX SBK for breakfast if timed correctly.

Edit:
Ok I figured it out for real this time. c.hk VTC vs. Chun on wakeup will beat EX SBK clean with correct timing, CC AND combo (if you do neutral VTC), although the V-Trigger hit removes the hard knockdown property of the sweep so they can tech. However, it is also safe on block, so you can’t be punished. There you go, c.hk xx Neutral VTC (no delay) > EX SBK threat, even on block.

Edited Edit:
Bahahaha delayed VTC comes out slow enough that it doesn’t land until after Chun wakes up from the CC knockdown. Ok, go keep working on this if you want to.

c.hk xx Delayed VTC (any direction) will crush reversal EX SBK clean, is plus on block (at least +5, it’s actually a true blockstring into s.mp), and gives you a delayed VTC mixup regardless of whether it hits or is blocked.

Godlike.

I didn’t see your vid, but went in to training and you’re right. You don’t have to space out, you just have to time it right. b4k4 did something similar, although much more in depth than I took it.

Thanks for testing that further for me. Neat that it lead to nifty tech.

For anyone who doesn’t know, you can get a meaty s.hk at close to max. range after a c.hk connects and they quick-stand. If they are buttonsy, it’s a CC on the hk; if they block, you’re safer than normal (-4f normally (2f’s active)) and in perfect range for a late-frames c.hp.

Edit: oh, in-case you didn’t notice, I mention this in part because of the above technology. Nice work, b4k4.

Edit: hmm, maybe the range on blocked isn’t so great… perhaps this is gimmicky.

No problem at all, and thanks for insisting that it actually worked and providing me with some evidence. I enjoy finding and figuring out corner case stuff like this in games. It just didn’t make sense to me what was happening/what you were describing at first, and I like to understand things down to a system mechanic level in any game I take up.

I might poke around and see if I can find some good meaty s.hk setups if I get a chance. I did the research to flesh out what was actually going on with that c.hk stuff, but credit to HanDred_Fist as well for bringing it to our attention in the first place. I just figured out the details of why it was working and then expanded the concept to make it a more viable tactic, but if HanDred hadn’t have brought it up I don’t think I ever would have thought to try/look for this on my own.

You know that feeling when your opponent selects Gill. That’s how I feel when I play againt R.U.Serious?!! Mika

Mika needs to be fully changed, that’s all. 0 nerfs but a full rework. The character is bulklshit and doesn’t fit in SFV, put her in SFIV

mika is quite retarded. though to be honest the best way to deal with someone like that is use the character and do all the things you hate

Not even sure what your trying to say here.

Think he’s trying to say “If you can’t beat 'em, join 'em”. I understand that. Used to main Nash.

Capcom just need to address the corner vortex, it gives her far too many retarded options and it boils down to a guessing game; this isn’t MKX. The reward versus risk is heavily in her favour.

As for bandwagons, the past two nights I’ve played no less than 20 Mika’s in ranked. The army is real.

Mika brings the MKX to SFV. its fine if just one character does that.
At least Mika needs to set her 50/50 up most of the time, unlike MKX characters.

THIS ^

It wouldn’t be so bad if she couldn’t put you in a corner at will, from practically anywhere, and then close in immediately.

Yeah. I mean it’s not like there aren’t two or three other characters that can corner (or close to it) from basically anywhere or anything. Oh wait. Sorry. There totally are. Nerf them too?

Somebody is taking things a little personally… lol keyboard warrior for the win! :slight_smile:

I try not to take it too personally when people are too stupid to research something before complaining about it. Also, that last part was a legitimate question. Do you think that Cammy, Ken and Necalli should have the corner carry on their combos nerfed?