Indianapolis Gameworks Tourney - Indianapolis, IN - 08/11/07

it makes things more interesting,beside i usually buy my boys drinks or pay for dinner and get my girl sumthing when i win MM’s.

dave- this isn’t japan or a huge 100+ man tourney, so 2/3 double elimination is the standard. after that, it’s typically 3/5 winners/loser’s finals, and then grand finals can either be 3/5 or 4/7, depending on what the players agree on. honestly, having it be 3/5 and 4/7 only adds a few more matches and maybe, MAYBE another 20 minutes to the tournament. cvs2 is a long game, BUT i think the problem with most cvs2 tournaments is that people aren’t always ready to play, so you’re adding delays to an inherently long game. as long as people know when they’re playing and TOURNAMENT matches are always going on at the stations, it won’t take as long as you’d think. but you need at least 2 TV’s, 3 would be ideal.

rusty- mvc2 huh? just make sure you learn how to block and can play good rushdown often, otherwise you can’t really get that good IMO. that’s why i gave the game up, no competition.

peace

Ok, I’ll keep it as is. I just wanted to make sure that’s what was still acceptable (I know evo gets weird when it comes to CvS2). Hopefully we’ll have plenty of TVs anyway to prevent the tourney from dragging.

i use to play K groove remember lol

doesnt look like kalonji can come from MI, and seeing as how i dont have a car right now, unless there are detroit ppl coming that i can hitch a ride, doesnt look like we can make it :frowning: but i dont know, its a week and a half away, maybe things will change, would be at least a couple extras for cvs2 if we do come, has to be on ps2 though, timing on DC is different, like the arcade.

edit: and im down to take some money from people i dont know in some mm’s if i do make it…free $$$ is ftw :slight_smile:

double edit: rusty, answer your fucking phone

i’ll come by and scoop ur ass up if this dude takes my MM u and kalonji and i got a new phone i lost all my number and shit i’ll PM u my number

Edit: i don’t live in A2 nemore =_= if u did’t know…

Party

Anyways so if everyone want to have a good time after the tourney im more and likely going to throw a party at my house. More money matches and gaming for everyone. If you think it is a good idea say so cause if a lot of people want i will throw it if not then i wont. So as far as casauls and MM im bringing three extra tv’s and ray is bringing one so there will be tons of shit going on nobody is going to be bored on August 11th. Oh ya if anyone breaks anything at my house they will probably catch an asswooping or pay for it. Oh ya Vega dont run your mouth you may not wanna get scraped at marvel again like you did last time. “Ouch”

Do it! i’ll bring the bozz

I’m down for that. Marvel orgy.

glad to see you can come cullen. i’ll do the same money match with you and kalonji that i’m doing with rusty, 3/5 for $20. i’ve gotta get revenge on kalonji after he took my money right before i had to play the grand finals vs jwong at the c-bus tourney, lol. VDO is still up in the air, hopefully he’ll get back to me soon. any word on terrell or julian?

and rusty, hopefully your entire trip isn’t hinging on tetsuAKA accepting your money match. we can do as many 3/5 sets for $20 as you like, or we can just get plenty of casual matches in to get you ready for evo. the more practice you have against common A-groove characters, the better, because you’ll be facing plenty of A-vega/sakura/bison/blanka type teams at evo.

the after party thing has potential, i’ll get back to you guys on that one…

oh yeah, rusty and cullen, make sure you guys bring a working stick, it’ll be tough to get matches in against each other if my stick is the common one like last time, lol. this tourney will be fun.

peace

This is getting really fucking crazy…:looney:

Its a good thing we have all the space we need. If need be, we can use the old redemption area in the back too. There are going to be a lot of new locals coming through, so we should all give them a proper welcome :rofl:

Now, all I need are some nice, cheesy flyers to pass around and I’m set. That cat that ran it last time is going to go apeshit when he sees this.

I don’t really get how you could call yourself a pro gaming league and not know how to run brackets though. This tourney will be a lot better than the last one.

lol i been playing alot against A groove lately played with Jwong A groove also,he has a IQ of like 200 in video games … i don’t relying on random activate as much nemore lol i just combo into CC makes it easier because Chicago player sure loves the down back.

And beside is tetsuAKA gonna take my offer? i need to know so i can take off work…

lol all u need to do is make a flyer saying Jwong is coming guarantee 25 + for all games lol i can do the brackets if u want not that hard or i can print u 1

I’m not sure if I’m driving or not (and also not sure who else from northern Indiana can stay really long) but if I get a chance then I suppose I’m down for that party idea. The only stuff I will be breaking at your Marvel house party is your will. :rofl: Didn’t we face off in the last tournament???

Hey Rusty, bring that clownface VDO but don’t tell him the immortal is coming. He scares too easily. :rofl: But if he wants I will $ match him at CvS2. Yeah I said it. Um, how about 2/3 for $1??? :wgrin:

[quote=“Vega, post:74, topic:27106”]

I’m not sure if I’m driving or not (and also not sure who else from northern Indiana can stay really long) but if I get a chance then I suppose I’m down for that party idea. The only stuff I will be breaking at your Marvel house party is your will. :rofl: Didn’t we face off in the last tournament???

Ya and vega you got smashed and ways ill 3/5 you for 50 vega if your will is up to it, and as far as the party goes it is on i will have a lot of tv’s there so if you wanna bring dreamcasts or ps2 please so it will make it better cause ill i have is 1 ps2 and dreamcast and i will probably have 5 tv’s going so trust me there will be a lot of shit going down. Anyways pre-reg if you wanna go to the party and bring something to drink i will cover snacks and shit for everyone. Just remember if your thinking about going pre-reg it makes the snack getting a lot easier. I dont care how many come just everyone be cool and there will be a lot more parties to come.

DeryckTheCid = fresh

i don’t have his # nemore my phone got jacked a while back before i’d moved to Chicago and i only can seat 1 more person if assuming Cullen and Kalonji is going so it would have to be VDO ,and knowing is VDO he has like 30 entourage with him lol jk jk

lol oh yes im up to it.
yo who you play wit? i hope your not some scrub pulling this outta his ass playing at local tourny’s and wit no big players thinking your some shit. you and other dude ill money match both of you by myself. i wish i had nes or smooth up here wit me shit would be mad fun, shit talk time.:wink:

i play with no one lol get ur money rdy and who are U? never seen u place in NE tourneys ?? what are u smooth and nes entourage?? u suppose to be good ? what one of the best east coast players?? HA
p.s i don’t takes checks or CC

yo if VDO comes shit will be tight.
and ya we can do some money match’s thats straight, im not up for beef but im deff. up for some games. :tup:
if you guys are coming from mass. where nestor, smoothcat (couch… lol), ed (beast of hades), havoc, joeycrack, paul wall, kane. ect.
then you should know me or have heard of me. i was once in team hate but im to far away to play wit them at tga and ranbat tournies. i gotta get some good players settled in indy so im hoping some semi big names pop up at this tourny.
you can always find some good players that havnt been heard of yet so im hoping for those also.
smooth and ed would come if i picked them up prob. but thats not an option.
im glad to be a new part of the indy croud so hopefully we can get some new names out there. :wink: