In the Rose Garden

ran some tests with my friend who plays vega and here’s what i got.

jumping HK (early button press so its out at the top of your jump) beats FBA clean but loses to early izuna drop.*
jumping LP beats early izuna drop but vega can hit you with early FBA.*
early FBA and izuna drop both lose to JU (i’m liking m.JU a lot in this case)**

*didn’t list a direction cause you can screw up his course and timing by doing different directions
**- becomes harder for vega to avoid if he flies to the closest corner.

cross counter beats late/cross up FBA but loses to izuna drop
EX JU beats FBA and izuna drop but whiffs cross up
auto correct EX.JU beats cross up but is really hard to time -_-
early c.hp beats FBA and izuna drop but loses to cross up
cross up izuna drop is the hardest to counter but pretty easy to avoid.

izuna drop trap (when vega grabs you on wake up) can be escaped by a perfectly timed backdash or just wake up ju for throw invincibility (you’ll probably get hit by FBA though).

FBA with no follow up is a free ex.mgb. so watch for vegas trying to run away or escape with that.

FBA is like the only time i can ever hit vega. that’s far from the problem i have with him.

I finished all the testing for Makoto so expect the write-up later tonight. i’m kind of in the process of moving and unpacking so I’ll be done kind of late. Let me give you a brief summary of what I’ve found. “Stay away from Makoto” After testing all these moves, it’s very clear that the developers made it so that if she got in just once, you have the potential to lose the round, and some of you might say that Dudley is like that too, well Dudley has to put in work to do so, for Makoto it’s as easy as buttering toast.

Makoto’s normal own all of Dudley’s

Her sMP is gdlk

da hell up

also this thread is going to go to shit soon

just came back from a nice 4-24 endless session vs makoto :frowning:
i tried buffering s.HK etc… but all i see are those counter hits popping up in the corner and my dudley losing life rapidly…

thanks east! im looking forward to what you found!

only if we treat it like just another matchup thread, dropping some one-liner comments, instead of doing some actual testing like east suggestet in the first place…

lol 95% of dudley boards

Updated for Makoto. Sorry this came out a little later. I had a chat with a friend of mine and he gave me some ideas and some information so I did a little more testing so fighting against makoto didn’t seem so helpless. You’ll notice that Tsurugi right now is listed as community outreach. The idea here is to get you guys to go into the lab and try some testing of your own to beat the move, with whatever Dudley can. You can list things you’ve tried, how successful they are and discuss the best option to beat the moves. In a week, I’ll post up what I came up with and we can decide what is the best option.

Thirtyfour, don’t talk shit about work I’m doing.

Also I think someone requested Vega, so I guess that’ll be next weeks character.

P.S. found the most awesome thunderbolt trick while I was testing out stuff against Makoto.

Man I love your avatar. It straight murders these silly 3rd Strike animation ones.

That means you were doing them at the wrong spacing. Step your footsies up.

wasnt talkin bout ur thread, just talkin about how peole are trying to make it like the last match up thread.
request, after request, no contributing
any thing actually posted by others makes the match up look like 7:3 Other.
because you already know how everyone plays Dud

lol, ooooh ok.

That’s why I started the community outreach piece. If no one contributes, then at the very least, I get better lol.

Problem is people sidetrack everything. Look at the Yun thread that is now apparently about Fei Long. Or they just focus on how they think the match up is x/x and don’t really go beyond one or two aspects of a match up.

I would like to contribute… but mostly everyone here is way ahead of me as far as matchup knowledge and everytime i think i discover something it ends up being old news… but i am trying. I need to learn so much more about dudley anyway before i really start worrying about anyone else.

I think 34’s main gripe is when people go I WONDER HOW TO STOP CAMMY’S CANNON SPIKE, they tend to come ask for it first instead of opening up training mode having her do it over and over, and trying to figure out a counter on your own. People don’t want to record Dudley knocking down characters and figuring out safe jumps and pressure, they just want it spoonfed. Things like that. You’ll grow much faster with both learning stuff on your own and taking in others’ research/advice, than just the latter on its own.

just tested out ways to beat makoto’s axe kick and here’s what i got.

vs axe kicks not done as early as possible, you can just scoop them up with c.hk (or any move that drops dud’s hitbox). or just AA normally if they go too high. can also hit them with l.ssb (been doing this in actual matches. works pretty well)

vs axe kicks done as early as possible, s.lp (xx duck/ dash for mix ups) can be done on reaction (trades if you’re too slow). the heavy version can be FA’d for free. the light and medium version lose to l.ssb.

vs the instant air ex axe kick, h.ssb works on reaction.

this.
Knowing how to punish a move, and actually deal with a move in a match are two different things.

Info in thread is about how to get around a character’s options with Dudley.
Most of you have no clue on how do to so, because, like it’s mentioned a thousand times, noone wants to actually play the game.

Idk why I make tutorials.

Shoutouts to cliffeside for the being the only person to go into training mode and do some testing. You guys disappoint me, but cliffeside, I respect this man above all others. Just a heads up, Makoto axe kick coming down the pipeline as well as dealing with Vega’s specials. Here’s a summary of the write-up: How did you guys ever have problems with his special moves?

I will record stuff in 1080p for yall =) just let me know.

4 day weekend for me, so I got plenty of time off from work to do some testing too, if there is anything specific post it

If you guys want to record or use any of the information here in a video or something, feel free to do so, but I’m not going to ask anyone to do anything specifically, all I ask is that you just give credit where credit is due. That said, if you want to do something, don’t wait for someone to ask you, just do it. I don’t want to it to be a thing of people waiting for me to tell them to “jump” and then they do it. I’d like people to go out and be proactive with their training to getting better.

The fact that cliffeside was the only person to actually do any work in training mode was completely underwhelming. It gives off the impression, that there may be people in this forum, but not all of them are interested in actually becoming good players. They might say it, but honestly, actions speak louder than words and to my knowledge very few of them* do it.* You might post or be on SRK a lot, but that honestly doesn’t make you any better on it’s own. You have to actually put in work and time to getting better. Instead of trying to ask for help all the time, actually fire up training mode and see what you can do.

I implore you to ask yourself what kind of player you are, and rather than answering with your pride, I’d like you to answer the question in terms of how much work you’ve put in, in the last month. How much time in training mode have you spent trying to get better, instead of just doing combos? Have you even been to a tournament? How do you know if you’ve even improved?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to be rude when I say this, and I don’t hold it against anyone for not being a seriously competitive player [I’m all for trying to help people get better], but it’s really frustrating to put in the work, put the results on the board, and when I **ask **[because not asking, and hoping people just put up stuff doesn’t really work] to get something back the results are underwhelming. It really makes me question why I should take the time to put up the information, rather than to save it for myself.

Also, Vega this evening.