Images all broken

Do you mean the PCB doesn’t have any MS-licensed security chip ?

do you know if you can use 30mm Sanwa snap ons for this mod?!

You’ll have to file down the button holes to 30mm.

http://zeet.es/wheaties/misc/paewang_revolution_pcb.jpg

hacked mine yesterday, thanks for the layout ryan! i tried to illustrate where all of the points are on the pcb

i might give this a try considering its dual, but wouldnt M$ update to block unlicensed products to be used?? M$ are too greedy.

Oh, I just noticed this. I’m really looking forward to this! I hope it won’t be too complicated to put it into the Paewang.

Wow, this is pretty much exactly what I’ve been looking for. Kind of curious about the 360 support and whether or not MS could apply a patch that kills this stick, if only just a yes/no. I wouldn’t change my mind on it even if they could, if they do block it I could mod another official MadCatz PCB I’ve got into it anyways. This thing looks really easy to mod and your walkthrough is dead-on laugh, thanks for this. May end up buying one through your store soon. :slight_smile:

Edit: just looked at checkout, haven’t bought one yet because I’ve gotta sit down and hammer a budget out, but is there any way you might add comments on your shipping types? All that’s really said about shipping is that they’re more or less expensive than each other. It would be nice to know estimated arrival times, how reliable the service is, stuff like that. Thanks!

Nice! I also used that method to mount the stick. I can verify it’s about the right height. It’s the cleanest way to do it IMO.

If you’ve got spare Hori buttons you can also swap Sanwa microswitches in and use those if you want. Personally, I think it’s really easy to grind out the holes since it’s plastic so you might as well do that if you want Sanwa/Seimitsu.

where can i draw power for an optical joystick.

The 5v line, the point on the PCB where the red wire from the USB cable is.

Should be red wire of USB.

Okay Guys, i know my voice on shoryuken is not even a mumble, but i ordered 2 of these babies last week.
Posted monday evening, arrived friday evening by EMS (From Korea to France).
Let’s make things clear, that thing is going to change everything about dual mods: easy soldering, fully common ground, it get recognized as a genuine 360 pad on windows 7, no hassle hacking triggers, easy to put a capcom game’s config.
if you’re starting from scraps with an empty arcade stick, just use that Joytron PCB, with little soldering knowledge you’ll still be able to get yourself a nice dual setup, with a single cable and easy switching between consoles.
I’ll post some photos tomorrow.

@3024 and Bigopinion : This thing about microsoft blocking the PCB is pretty much impossible. i think the microsoft chip has been cracked and dumped in a very clean way. If microsoft blocks the PCB, it will probably block every pad made before, since i don’t think you can “update” your pad.

ryan- i don’t mind at all!

This please ^

hey…so the guys with the pcb already…do you think it would be viable to replace the PS3 TE pcb with this and have it dual modded that way? i’m very interested in dual modding my TE when i get back to the US and this seems to be the way to go.

edit: like could you keep everything in TE in place (the buttons/QDs, etc), but replace the pcb, solder the wires in and whatnot?

thanks for the info…i couldn’t care less about the turbo but the home button will have to stay haha!

You should care about the turbo button. You need it to play on PS3/PC. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just ordered a stick, I went with the cheapest shipping…I know it’s not necessarily the most reliable but I like to think that somehow, someday they’ll get my package to me. I don’t really have time to use it right now anyways. Will post fresh-out-of-box impressions when it shows up and I get the chance to sit down and use it.

Didn’t order any mod parts for it though, not yet. I’m still pretty scrubby when it comes to modding; I’d like to learn how eventually and this will probably be my project stick. :slight_smile:

Laugh, you’re offering Sanwa OBSF-24s and the snap-in Crown buttons, would they work in the Paewang as-is or would you need to widen the button slots? Those screw-in Crowns are dope, may just not even worry about making any adjustments and get those whenever I get around to modding.

Again, really clean wiring, great walkthrough, cool product. Thanks!

24mm Buttons are small for 28mm holes.
Crown Buttons fit no problem.

Ohhh ok, didn’t know what size the holes were. Cool, I’ll probably end up ordering parts eventually, way too busy with school to worry about this stuff right now :frowning: