I'm Here to Teach you some Moves...(Taskmaster Changelog Thread)

Since the changelog has just been posted, showcasing the buffs/nerfs/changes with every Marvel Character, I figure I’d tackle Tasky. Here’s the lowdown on everyone’s favorite Teacher.

- His new move is called “Sting Master”. I think you can go into an Air Legion Arrow from it, but not sure.

- His Jumping :h: attacks float the opponent higher on hit

- Spidey Swing can now be cancelled into Specials or Hypers

- Shield Skills knocks airborne opponents further away, it also floats grounded opponents higher on hit

- Aim Master does more damage (3 arrows do around 160K right now, so that’s a significant buff.)

- More Damage Scaling on Hyper Combos (Considering he only has two, this was kinda needed.)

- Damage scales if you use Legion Arrow in a combo (it use to be if the first shot hit, there was no scaling.)

- Ground & Air Aim Master :h: float opponent lower on hit.

- And Tasky’s Mashable is, of course, Legion Arrow.

Any thoughts on the New & Improved Skullface?

What the hell are you talking about? New and improved? These are terrible nerfs. His main projectile is weaker, he can no longer start combos from an air to air j.H or a ground to air shield skills, arrow lifting is gone and he does less damage overall from scaling.

Taskmaster is worse now. This is ridiculously unfair. Nerf Taskmaster but buff Doom, give Mags a broken move but leave she hulk relatively untouched. WTF Capcom.

Uh, Tasky’s Aim Master has been buffed. And if you’re talking about Legion Arrow, eh. These are problems I can work around. It’s not like he got the Wolverine Wesker treatment, he’s still a threat.

How was aim master buffed? The damage was reduced. If you’re talking about the web swing cancel that’s small compared to how they nerfed him.

These nerfs basically killed his combo potential, how is this small to you?

I’m trying to figure out exactly what the effect is going to be on some of these changes as the wording is a bit vague on the changelog. I’m pretty bummed though, especially since I use the shield skills as a quick punish into a combo, and it sounds like it’s going to push people back too far to really use into normal extended combo. Does this mean you can’t really launch after a shield skills? The changelog said his arrows got a damage **decrease **not increase, but as we can see there’s conflicting reports.

I don’t see the canceling spidey swing into other moves as being that great, but maybe I’m just not thinking wide enough.

I still want to use Tasky, just have to figure out who to pair him with and what assists will help him zone or open people up for combos. Currently thinking Task/Hawkeye/Nova or Nemesis/Hawkeye/Tasky. Task is better with an assist, but he’s still a scary anchor especially with air x-factor now.

Ok the obviously wanted to nerf certain things with task an they did for reasons i dont know, maybe the general changes to the game, if they kept him the same then he would be top tier bec the game is shifting towards a move defensive zoning type to an extent. I dont see the good thing about the cancel SSwing but we cant judge from not playing yet, we stll have to look into the frames etc all over again so wat the did can be a good thing (hoping). Dont know!!!

I will more or less be switching to frank west and building my team around him so task or hawk eye may be in that team…

Arrows honestly felt the same, and still do a lot of damage, the scaling nerf doesn’t matter for my multi super combos, in fact I think I will be doing more damage. No one is paying his new move any attention, early combonauts should see why the web swing cancel is good, yall salty. But if you guys want to treat these changes as the sky is falling well by all means continue :coffee:

Aim master got nerfed bad, less damage,less chip, stricter timing on arrow relaunch if even possible. OTG arrows damage is fixed. Shield skills moves the timing of the launcher which affects late combo usage. More damage scaling is a bad thing, it means that his attacks will do the minimum amount of damage earlier in a combo. He needs something to make up for all of this. Seems like he’s just going to be Hulk with a bow and arrow but with lower damage potential.

aim master does around 140k instead of 160k now, which is fair. that move was doing way too much damage from the start. we were spoiled in a sense.

people don’t seem to understand how godlike cancelling webswing is going to be. New potential combos, more pressure, more mobility, ect. at the end of the day hes still a fast character with some of the most health in the game, some really good normals/command normals, and one of the best projectiles. Add this together with the fact that many other good characters are being nerfed, along with the airdash nerf making his zoning and anti air tactics easier. I think Task will be fine.

I think I understand how godlike cancelling webswing is going to be. I have some exciting combo ideas.

Soooo wait. His downward OTG arrows in the corner for instance, I understand he likely can’t self relaunch anymore, but did the change affect the OTG arrows + assist? Is that possible anymore? So normal web swing > launch combo, jumping OTG arrows + assist, launch, air super or whatever (for example). Does it not pick them up for an assist anymore, or is the hitstun scaling so different in this game that they’d likely be bouncing out of the combo by this point?

Also, someone that’s played a test build, how drastic is the shield skills push back? Can you even launch off of it at all if the opponent was in the air? What’s the timing like on a normal grounded shield skills + launch now?

I had some people test to make sure, and OTG arrows with an assist is valid for relaunches, you just can’t do it by yourself. Not sure of exactly why; if I had to hazard a guess I’d say it probably doesn’t just straight lift them up anymore. Dunno how it works for OTG vertical arrow > diagonal legion arrow.

EDIT: Something I’ve been chewing on for a few days: Currently, j.:qcf::l: (2-arrow) doesn’t make you bounce up in the air. If this is still true in UMvC3, I wonder about the efficacy of :d::m: :h: :f::h: xx :qcf::l: (2-arrow) as a combo piece… Would you be able to do a partial charge before landing? The idea is that you fire the two arrows and then land, cancelling the recovery and letting you follow up with whatever. It could be good.

Shield skills push back is a small and necessary nerf, It’s still good as it retains its projectile invinciblity. The shield skill>Launch>Swing BnB combo did a ridiculous amount of damage (550k~600k) and that’s just to punish a whiff or projectile -_-. Besides, i use the c.L>c.M>c.H>Web>etc BnB Mid Screen Combo and that does a good 600~650k of dmg and pushes them towards the corner.

Now that Taskmaster has Swing Cancel and Aerial X-factor. omg… drools

Edit: I’m also pretty sure that TM can launch after shield skills but only in the corner.

it is still true, tested it out

damn that damage scaling really kicks in based of Max’s new video. at the damage cap, his normals were doing half of what they were in vanilla. If max can do 600K with a pretty basic combo though, I dont think we have much to worry about.

task is looking to be down about 25-30% of his damage, which more or less puts him in line with the rest of the cast (…basic combo wise, anyhow)

i think his gameplan will be majorly affected by the arrows nerf since a large part of his game is based upon basically a mvc3 version of the fireball game (force opponent with high damage projectiles into making mistake, punish with big damage using good hitboxes) BUT the general system changes should help that plan a lot.

however, being unable to trade against other keepaway and winning might make him more open to getting wrecked by some of the keepaway chars who can actually aim angle he fires at

not feeling the arrow nerf chris will f him up

[LEFT]Anyone else think Task got nerfed because of Hawkeye? I know they dont play the same, they just have some simularities but i really think they did these nerfs to kind of…push ppl into giving hawkeye a chance that might not have otherwise. Because really was there any reason to nerf the Shield Skills relaunch that was a 1-2 frame(Not seen into many causal matches so Im sure it wasnt a fan complaint) link on top of the aim master damage, hit scale deterioration and the correction of his legion arrow glitch (This I understand. Though the damage will be missed). The Aim Master nerf and Legion Arrow patch were enough since both effectivly lowered Task overall damage on top of weaking the combo, so was there really a need to Remove it and up the hitstun deterioration, on top of nerfing the Vert Aim masters Height? Yet they kept the assist relaunch which easier to do but not as good.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Anyone think theres a chance that we will get some of these things unnerfed maybe in a patch or something?[/LE][/LEFT]

you guys make me :sad:

Spoiler

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/3/12/32de6192-cbc2-4411-a557-3bb23453e19a.jpg

Is it really saddening to want Task to have his old Vert Arrows back, the hitstun not eliminate most of his old combos and the return of a 1 frame(that i admittedly can only hit sometimes) relaunch that was typically done in the corner.