If Lucia isn't top tier, then this Popeyes Chicken Sandwich might be

oh and if you want major bang for your buck, cheap and great single player on ps4 GET THE YAKUZA GAMES

start with Yakuza 0. Its canonically the first game in the series story wise, and perhaps the strongest overall game in the series to boot. Yakuza has so much to offer gameplay wise its hard to even write it all down. You can probably get it for like 20 bucks (horizon + dlc is also bout 20ish bucks as well).

If you like Yakuza 0, then I would say just skip right ahead to yakuza 6 after that. Plotwise its a big skip but none of the other plot stuff matters much in 6 past the first half hour of the game. 6 is the “sequel” to 0 in terms of gameplay as it was made right after 0 was made.

6 Likes

I’ll jump on the Zero Dawn train. Definitely worth playing.

Rage 2 is fun too, plenty to do and very enjoyable.

Spiderman might be cheap now, that’s also good.

The Resi 2 remake.

Far Cry 5.

2 Likes

Vesper Senpai noticed me and used the ZJZ infos I sent him on Twitter on his last vid.

@PlusFrames also since the good ol monkey pointed out Yakuza, the “Fist of the north star” game done by the Yakuza team is pure fucking gold

2 Likes

Resident Evil 7 and the Resident Evil 2 remake of your into horror. The former should be cheaper to get and there’s an edition with all the DLC.

Nioh is an excellent action RPG by team ninja. If Bloodbourne doesn’t do it for you give this game a try.

3 Likes

Is Judgement/Judge Eyes any good? It’s by the same yakuza developers.

And yes @PlusFrames, Nioh is excellent. And so is sekiro!
Resident evil 2 remake and sekiro are my games of the year so far.

For a meaty WRPG. Get Witcher 3. Get the entire package with the dlc. It’s damn bloody good! And Witcher 3 is dirt cheap right now!

If you’re getting Horizon Zero Dawn, get the frozen wilds dlc too. I enjoyed that a lot.

6 Likes

Honda is for retards

1 Like

Open worlditis?

I haven’t played it myself yet. Its set in the same world as Yakuza but different characters, general word around the block is its solid but not as strong as Yak0/Yak6

Yakuza 7 comes out early next year and its gonna be wildly different, as now its a turn based JRPG(although the everything else that makes yakuza crazy still there), complete with lobster summons

https://twitter.com/Wildbergerrrr/status/1172645170459709441

5 Likes

Persona 5 is the single player game I’ve had the most fun with on the PS4, so if you haven’t tried that and have 80-100 hours to spare and haven’t tried it yet, give it a go.

2 Likes

Persona games take longer than Risk. I honestly can’t see how people clear them without burning out.

Persona 5 is really good but I got burnt out by the second last dungeon. I completed it and clocked in around 95 hours.

Better to wait for Persona 5 Royal though.

The improvements from persona 4 to persona 4 golden were substantial and I think p5 to p5 Royal will be good too.

4 Likes

The game runs out of new things to show you long before the game ends.

6 Likes

I appreciate everyone’s recommendations! A bunch of great stuff I’m now looking at. Got Darksiders 3 and Arkham Knight for free so I can play those while I decide what to get next.

I may also pick up Gran Turismo Sport. I love racing games but I haven’t played a good one in years. It had a bad launch but they’ve updated it a lot and people really seem to liove it now.

1 Like

The last time I got as absorbed into a JRPG as I got with P5, was Tales of Symphonia (my all-time favorite game in spite of how that game has aged). I recall sitting down with it during easter holidays and clocking in 25 hours in three days. The game was completed in something like two weeks. It just really clicked with me, though the final part of the game was a bit… wtf.

I loved just how dark the game would get at times though. And Futaba’s castle made me straight up cry at one point.

1 Like

Try Dangerous Driving if you like arcade racers. Its made by the original Burnout people. Its a throwback to Burnout2/revenge

1 Like

When it comes to Persona I care more about the Sim stuff than the actual RPG. Developing character relationships through social links/confidants, doing activities to level your social stats, the hilarious side events, etc. The RPG is a nice bonus.

2 Likes

I’ve played alot of fighters in my time, and sf5 is the 1st and only one that has made me question it all.
Like after playing I have to sit back and ask myself “do I really suck this bad” I lose to the most random and mind numbing things

I don’t really feel like that offline, but online it all goes out the window.

From what I have heard Darksiders 3 is quite a step back from Darksiders 2

The season 1 tier list could’ve been different if people didnt ride the nash,Chun li,ryun and necalli train. Most of the cast went unexplored like birdie who was ALWAYS good. S2.5 was the one where people started noticing how good ibuki and cammy were.

Also uriens Ex tackle was +2 iirc

2 Likes

If players didn’t bitch so much about Mika in season one Laura would have never slipped under the radar for season 2. She was much worse.

2 Likes