If Lucia isn't top tier, then this Popeyes Chicken Sandwich might be

The main problem with the old model is that you’re SOL if you didn’t buy Ultra.

At least if you buy the base version of SFV (Not AE) you got all the content added in AE, the balance patches and updates, and can probably grab enough FM for one character or two despite the nerfs.

As a pure entry-level, the investment for V is a bit better because you don’t really need to blow all your cash in DLC chars without checking whether or not you’ll like the game in the first place.

5 Likes

This is the big one to me.

There is only one version of the game, how much of it you have is on you.

Also, if you bought in late, you aren’t paying full price. The base game, SFV is $40, but on sale for $20 every other week.

4 Likes

Oh, that’s on me I remembered that ultra was a full price, that’s why I thought we were still behind.

Yeah, you better

SFV’s base game is 60% off right now. :rofl: It’s like, a bit over a quarter of the price of Ultra. I wonder if they still sell the (Useless) Vanilla SFIV…

Honestly, as someone who got cucked one too many times by Blazblue, I’d never pick the old model again.

Imagine my face when I finally managed to grab a PS3 and BBCP 1.1 only to watch ArcSys announce BBCP 2.0 (That would be Extend in consoles) for the Japanese arcades literally a week later.

Fuck that noise.

I would much rather pay 15-20$ for a digital upgrade every year knowing that I am getting the full spectrum of the content that upgrade brings than scrapping fight money in an attempt to save enough for a character or a stage

e.g. Xrd Rev -> Rev2 was a great deal and if you were worried about DLC charas ArcSys was kind enough to make Dizzy free for a week. Only additional purchases you’d have to make are color packs or voiceovers

It was if you were to buy it standalone iirc (though it might have been ~40$, not 60$)

Here’s the thing though, SFV did give all the content upgrades for free. (The quality of said content is irrelevant to this discussion)

Arcade Mode, Extra Battle, even the Cinematic Story. If one bought the base SFV right now, they’d have access to all that.

The only things locked behind DLC are cosmetic stuff and things that actively require the DLC characters themselves (like the DLC chars’ short stories).

Vanilla SFIV was as barebones as it gets. You needed to upgrade for fucking Trials. the replay channel update and bonus stages (fuck dem cars) for example. (Thanks Cipher)

In V, you may or may not buy the DLC characters if you want to, but the content itself is intact.

5 Likes

?
Vanilla SFIV had Trials, Time Attack, Survival and Arcade Mode.
While having more online modes than SFV does today.

They stripped lots of content as they moved to Super tho.

2 Likes

Deadass? Dammit, I got it mixed up. Let me fix that real quick.

Popeyes chicken sandwich, where art thou?

5 Likes

I managed to get all s1 and s2 chars and more than 1/2 the stages available with strictly fm. You could get most of the chars back then without heavy dedication, complete story mode + char story + trials + char tutorials, and the occasional challenges that offered fm every few weeks.

2 Likes

Somewhere in October.

Well, you could always bring your own bun and they’ll give you a slab of chicken so you can make your own sandwich…

I can’t believe I’m serious. What the hell is that consumer service? Y’all need to move on already.

I was watching that new Chapelle and it was just aight. Not bad but the way niggas was hyping it up i expected more

1 Like

Apparently some people ship Felicia and Jin Kazama because why not

2 Likes

If she’s into emo guys, sure why not.

1 Like

Shipping is weird.

These two aren’t even from the same franchise. I don’t think they showed up in a game together before. Why would one pair up these two? Do people chuck names in a randomizer or something?

God Canadian liked my post. I feel truly blessed.

I’m revoking your card

5 Likes

Wouldn’t trust him if I were you.

Something tell me he’s… Evil.

2 Likes

Were both in Project X Zone?

Currently working on the sprites starting with Poison and-

ooomph boy… Poison… yeah

PoisonSprite

13 Likes