Ideas for a Street Fighter 6

Why he is unpopular :thinking:

Because he’s emo I guess

Hey guy :v:

What is emo :thinking:

SF6 with graphics (but even more beautiful, if that’s even possible) and mechanics like SFA2, a bigger roster.

I’m a man of simple needs :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’d know because your opponent is blocking low attacks, simple. In SF you’re not constant switching between high and low attacks on the fly. You’re generally blocking low 80% of the time and high attacks are generally jump in attacks. Also, standing overhead moves are extremely slow and telegraphed, they’re not exactly hard to react to.

How do you tell why a jumping attack crushes a guard versus getting blocked if they’re always standing? A design exercise for another game but not SF.

You’ll know when the attack either hits your opponent or gets blocked, it’s that simple. If your opponent isn’t blocking high he’ll get hit.

No. And also, why? What’s the principle behind this? Are charging moves ‘easy’ to read?

generally yes.

This doesn’t jive with the kind of game you were describing.

Yes it does.

Knockdowns allow the one who scored it to keep the momentum while also being a psychological ‘break’ in the action.

How can it keep the momentum and break it at the same time? My point is it breaks the momentum and we don’t want any psychological ‘breaks’ in the action… Knockdowns should only be assigned to specific special moves or Supers, not a crouching Hard kick… a knockdown should be earned. Imagine if we saw constant knockdowns in MVC2 where you had to wait 3 seconds for your opponent to stand up.

Okay I totally get that you have gripes about SF and fighting games in general but you don’t seem like you wanna play a SF game.

The most popular versions of Street Fighter did not have excessive juggling if any but you wouldn’t know this because you only started playing Street Fighter when SF4 was released.

1 Like

Speaking of art style, don’t let modern capcom dicksuckers make SF6 look like a western game

Thank you

3 Likes

This is gonna be the initial roster for SFVI:

1. Ryu
  2. Ken
  3. Chun-Li
  4. Guile
  5. Zangief
  6. Cammy
  7. Sagat
  8. Sakura
  9. Guy
  10. Abel
  11. Juri
  12. Rashid
  13. Laura
  14. Ed
    +2 BRAND NEW CHARACTERS
  • The game will have a more physical approach than the previous SF games.
  • Martial arts characters will be given more priority in the characters roster, with ‘fantasy’ stuff downplayed of sorts.
  • There will be an “EX gauge” that limits one of your character’s special moves (which include Zangief’s special throws as well as most projectiles).
  • It depletes after you use your move but fills again within a couple seconds.
  • Super Arts can be performed on red health.

I have an AMAZING idea for Street Fighter VI that I’ve been toying with for some years and would love to know who you think you’d like to see for a roster for this kind of setup. I’d love to see a return to Street Fighter RPG/Alpha 3’s World Tour mode. I imagine SFVI as a reboot of the idea of game structure in Street Fighter. Street Fighter games, with the exception of SFV, never had a story mode. SFV’s sucked. I’d say go with making each character have their own story that leads them thru the tournament that you actually engage in. I picture a Shenmue style, over the shoulder game where you have to run thru missions to enter local tournaments, build your character’s skills and enter the World Warrior tournament. So let’s say you pick Ryu, you’d start off in the woods, training when you get a letter that you have to meet someone on the mainland. You travel to the mainland, and there a hub opens where you can explore the town and find the person, you get a cutscene, the crowd moves stuff outta the way, the view changes and you’re in a classic Street Fighter match. I feel like this addition would bring more of the street into Street Fighter without having to make it more dark or gritty and it could retain it’s lighthearted tone, but still be more realistic in how tournaments are actually structured. Afterwards, you explore the town more to get money for a local tournament, helping people, taking street fights for money, challenging Sakura to a hot dog eating competition, breaking barrels for a local pickler, training on cars at the scrap heap, etc., expanding on the idea of bonus stages, and repeating this process with various small tournaments until you’re invited to the World Warrior tournament and have enough money to travel to the next destination on the world map. This would also allow you to have more granular control of your character, improving YOUR Ryu’s stats, making everyone’s play style a little unique. Add a slight denjin charge to all your attacks, but they move a bit slower or build more stun and cause less damage, etc. if you do a certain kind of training. Once you get there, you repeat that process, only moving up the bracket in quicker fights against basic guys with skill, and at the end of each bracket is the main Street Fighter character who is the top in that region at that time in that character’s story. So if Chun Li’s search for the villain led her to India in her story, she’d be who Ryu would face when he got to India, not Dhalsim, who would be off somewhere on his own journey in the tournament. You could also continue what they did with the arcade mode with all the various game breakdowns, and make a quick sorry mode for those who don’t wanna do the full tournament experience, and the online tournament setup, albeit with better netcode, and make the bonus stages available as online community events. Being a direct sequel to SFIII, as it seems Capcom is taking the story, I’d love to see everyone return, I’d love to see Ryu after his training with Oro.

Paragraphs:

I have an AMAZING idea for Street Fighter VI that I’ve been toying with for some years and would love to know who you think you’d like to see for a roster for this kind of setup.

I’d love to see a return to Street Fighter RPG/Alpha 3’s World Tour mode.

I imagine SFVI as a reboot of the idea of game structure in Street Fighter.

Street Fighter games, with the exception of SFV, never had a story mode. SFV’s sucked. I’d say go with making each character have their own story that leads them thru the tournament that you actually engage in.
I picture a Shenmue style, over the shoulder game where you have to run thru missions to enter local tournaments, build your character’s skills and enter the World Warrior tournament.
So let’s say you pick Ryu, you’d start off in the woods, training when you get a letter that you have to meet someone on the mainland. You travel to the mainland, and there a hub opens where you can explore the town and find the person, you get a cutscene, the crowd moves stuff outta the way, the view changes and you’re in a classic Street Fighter match.

I feel like this addition would bring more of the street into Street Fighter without having to make it more dark or gritty and it could retain it’s lighthearted tone, but still be more realistic in how tournaments are actually structured.

Afterwards, you explore the town more to get money for a local tournament, helping people, taking street fights for money, challenging Sakura to a hot dog eating competition, breaking barrels for a local pickler, training on cars at the scrap heap, etc., expanding on the idea of bonus stages, and repeating this process with various small tournaments until you’re invited to the World Warrior tournament and have enough money to travel to the next destination on the world map.
This would also allow you to have more granular control of your character, improving YOUR Ryu’s stats, making everyone’s play style a little unique. Add a slight denjin charge to all your attacks, but they move a bit slower or build more stun and cause less damage, etc. if you do a certain kind of training.
Once you get there, you repeat that process, only moving up the bracket in quicker fights against basic guys with skill, and at the end of each bracket is the main Street Fighter character who is the top in that region at that time in that character’s story.
So if Chun Li’s search for the villain led her to India in her story, she’d be who Ryu would face when he got to India, not Dhalsim, who would be off somewhere on his own journey in the tournament.

You could also continue what they did with the arcade mode with all the various game breakdowns, and make a quick sorry mode for those who don’t wanna do the full tournament experience, and the online tournament setup, albeit with better netcode, and make the bonus stages available as online community events.
Being a direct sequel to SFIII, as it seems Capcom is taking the story, I’d love to see everyone return, I’d love to see Ryu after his training with Oro.

Get a SF jrpg like that would be a wet dream to me, but NOT for a SF main chapter

More like a spin-off game with ambition

1 Like

I haven’t tried them out much but the Namco X Capcom games had RPG elements with some SF and DS chars. There’s even English patched versions now

1 Like

Get Goutetsu in there. For chars, and for mechanics have universal roll, Alpha counter, parry and evade (side step). Beef up defensive options so can accommodate KOF run and second jump height (hop) for offensive options. So basically mash KOF and SF. Or should that just be CvS3?

2 Likes

New Archery characters