Ideas for a Street Fighter 6

The stand/crouch neutral states pertain to the base combat system of SF (and many other 2D fighters). While it isn’t mandatory, removing this in a SF would be awkward and wouldn’t fly at all. But it’s interesting enough to see in another game sense it could technically be merely a visual swap - but then how would I know to use overheads? How do you tell why a jumping attack crushes a guard versus getting blocked if they’re always standing? A design exercise for another game but not SF.

No. And also, why? What’s the principle behind this? Are charging moves ‘easy’ to read?

What you’re caling “stiff” is how we can read and react to common actions and attributes of a given character. It’s very important to have static phases for jumping, dashing, etc. What you’re asking for is a more analog movement and input akin to Smash or an MMA game.

This doesn’t jive with the kind of game you were describing.

Knockdowns allow the one who scored it to keep the momentum while also being a psychological ‘break’ in the action.

Okay I totally get that you have gripes about SF and fighting games in general but you don’t seem like you wanna play a SF game.

3 Likes

Lol, of course it’s a speculation. That’s exactly what it is, rumours tend to be baseless so we’ll have to wait just another year to see whether they were correct or not, simple.

[quote=“Kalyx_triaD, post:22, topic:587709, full:true”] Okay I totally get that you have gripes about SF and fighting games in general but you don’t seem like you wanna play a SF game.
[/quote]

How old are you? If you’re younger than 28. I’ll struggle to take you seriously from this point on.

Oh you’re one of those.

Kid I’ve done this internet thing a looong time, I know a waste of time when I see one. I gave the benefit of a response. I’m done here.

Of course you’re done. You’re a weak overly sensitive, generation Z, beta male offended by words that weren’t even an insult. If you think we’re arguing you must be new to SRK.

I’m still going to respond to your criticisms of my ideas.

1 Like

Drop EX moves,
Every character should have 2 costumes for default (not DLC or unlockable),
2 Supers and 1 Ultra (low health) from day one (not Selectable).

1 Like

Have ambidextrous controls, utilizes both hard to exectute joystick gymnastics and long abd complex button combos. And also, select a main hand which can be changed which make hand ir thr other more lenient. Both leftie and righties can choose stick main with less mistake buffer on joystck specials, but make them as powerful as SF2 specials (sf1 is both hard to execute and fundamental vs cpu, that’s too much power/difficulty) , with a more organic combo ststen like sf2. (no ridicullously engineered 50%+combos) Or button main is way more combo friendly, like sf 4-5, at a cost of isolated specials are 1-1.5x strong ss isolated regulars, it, but are easier to pull off for defense. The aracde layout had 2 sticks, and a horizobtally symnetric froen of 2 arcs if 4 buttons.

Plus the "alternate stick " can be used for four on-the fly modes, like increasing one stat at the cost of another, ( like sacrificing somr of your ability to “take it” to gain being better at “dishing it out”, and then on the fly, change it mid match ) or if the Marvel license still exists, select infinity stone. Some strategic gidden decisions.

To indicate which hand is button/stick after selecting your character you move the joysticj you want with the hand you want to use, and you point it to the side that benefits thay skill,( left stick, button heavy, push left stick to right. Right stick , joystick heavy, press right stick right). Any time betweeb the knockdown the fade out, if you press either stick left ioright, you shift hands/modes/both/fake a change, just like after character pick.

Finally this joysticjk would be sold ss uncoded neutered ( or proprietary codef just for thid system). And comed with one current system sfapter. And the adapter comes with mailborder offers ti buy retro adapters fromvthat family (ps4-1 on ps5, any xbox eith scarlet, any nintendo wuth nintendo, and can buy sdaptets from any of them for, Atari, Sega,TG16, 3DO, Intellivision, Colecovision, Astrocade ( liimited to stick only ganes). And jusy likr Skylanders, the only part thatvhas to be licensedbis the Nintenp/ pd / xbox specific parts, and multiple srparate sytems can be used one at a time.

Plus tgee could be different style multi controllets, like racing wheeld, flight stickd, standard reversable pads, joysticks of other decirations anf/or erganomic designs, amd all parts wouldceork with each other, snd as long ss gamecdesign still uses those thingd, be sdded to fiture systems.

Mainly becausevi eant a syatem-authorized smbicstick gor all systems.

Most people seeing me right stick will think I’m right handed. My default would be right sticked stick heavy, excactly how i do well in SF2.x

dafuq are you smoking

3 Likes

shit thread

I was about to say I think you posted in the wrong thread, then I thought to myself what type of thread would make what you just posted make sense?..

This is the Street Fighter 6 unofficial euggestions forum. Right?

These gameplaybchoices eould necedsitate an ambidecterous stick in the arcade. Snd allow a Then-now-forevet SF fight stick. Make for systems that don’t have an authorized rihht handef stick.

Plus bring SF 2.x hard to execute specials with more powerful specials, or let someone choose aodetn style with lenient specials in return for less powerful specials. Buttom combo lrnghs can aldo have s slider. Like longer ones requiribg faith and practice, and nore intuitive combo feel resultinh in shorter maximum conbos.

dude your spelling is horrendous

So basically you want a left handed joystick option (which isn’t really an idea for a street fighter game), you also want an option for special moves to be easier to execute but deal less damage than harder to execute specials, and you want shorter complex combos to deal more damage than longer basic combos…

1 Like

I feel you god, but chill with the adderall.

No. Not easier to execute, HARDER. at SF2.X levels of hardness. The trafeoff on newer versions is easier specials in return for weaker specials. You can choose a style between easier, weaker speciald anf harder, more pynishing special.

In sf2, i couldn’t pull out a dragon punch left handed at all, at least not without telegraphing. Fireballs were wefre there, but they weren’t automatic off-handed.

With a right stick, I nailed specials, including perfect fireball wars, (no misfire) and I always punish a jump in with a dragon punch when spotted.

I kind of liked when you found combos organically. SF4 was the last one i tried. There were some natutal MVC combos that were spottable. But when i tried to increase combo length in described combos, but did not detail the correct timing. And unless you play on a CRT TV, it,’,s impossible to “feel the timing”

" The ultumatedefense against 50%+ combos

I know it’s kind of retroish, but the fighting game I’d do well with had the opposite philosophy of Killer Instinct. It was Eternal Champions.
L
It limited your specials by depleting “inner strength” so you could just spam specials all day. You had to rely on enough basic moves to be strategic.

And Taunting did something practical, drain opponent’s inner strength. But if you spam it, 2 things happen. One, taunting leaves you open. , And two if you spsm tsunts. It drains YOUR inner strength faster than your opponent’s.

Also if you hate losing to a World Trafe Federation over engineeted combo that soneone can pull off, and you can’t. you’ll be glad that all barrrages are automatically falseconbos, sny hit is blockable, even if an attack lsnds in a barrage. It’s a different flavor of fighting gane. One some don’t care for. Ithers an scquired taste. It’s halfway between SF2.X and Divekick.

And it had the best of both SF and MK strengths (obviously different, yet balanced chsracters of SF, people come in fast and slow, strong and weak, in both dishing it out and taking it, jump patterns, short and tall, fat and thin) with world-bending specials of MK. (Altering opponents controls in both among and between both directions and buttons, adding/subtracting 10 percent of round timer, force morphing your opponent into an unfamilar character, comduming opponents powet to fill your own. making opponent unable to attack for a time, causing an opoonent an icy controls effect).

Also there was more variety in button chording, desipte the fact it accommodated 3 button genesis controller by making no move chrod a punch and kick together. Also for multiplayer (too difficult for CPU to conpensate for with 40 Meg) , one can figjt in a training room with varying obsticles with just as world bending effects as specials have, you can pick up life and inner strength.

One problem in EC1 was WAY too many ref’s time over decisions. Corrcect in EC2.

Imagine EC3. (trouble trouble trouble…). It could incorporate “true combos” as an inner strength power, with charactetswith quick attavking prople havinh 2-4 hit combos organicalklly and inner strength can unlock opening up your combo possibiilities with SF4 level engineered combos. SF3 parrying, tag teams, even 2 on 2 simultaneous with all humans like the DC version of MVC1 combined with SFA3’d dramstic mode.

I 'm not saying EC level of combos (as in “barrages” , or false combos) in SF6 XZ but not Killer Instinct levels of combos in terms of length and relative ease either. Also maybre a Cocked attack systen, like MK’s Liu Kang’s bicycle kick nove. But make it part if yhe ststem foe a couple xharavrers. I’d ratherer have 10 good well balanced characters that all “feel different” than have 4p characters play like execution clones unleds their fifferent koves make then stategically play different.

Not Mortal Kombat level differences

Literally my famous friend got privately humiluated by another friend blanked him in every possible matchhup of MKTrilogy N64, and on particularlt easyvmstches, abiut hald if them, ge list a round to active soeciak fatslitues about half the timr. But the characters are 3 specials and 3 conbos away from being clones.

1 Like

You can buy a left handed, or right handed stick as you (meaning your holding the stick with your left) right now. That’s not really an idea for a street fighter game. From what I think you’ve described maybe your ideal game is Alpha 2.

This would be ab excuse to release a mass market ambudexterous fight stick fir all systemd, last lresemt, and furure.

Are supers are as hard to execute and powerful in SFA2, as they are in SF2.X?

Never played any of the alphas with a right stick back in the day.

How easy/hard vs strong/ weak are specials in all the Capcom games and fighting games in general?

Something I like is the idea of making the game more direct and ‘quicker’.

I know since the Alpha series, Street Fighter has focused a lot on the “choice” aspect (you choose ISMs, Super Arts and/or V-Skillers or V-Triggers), I’d like something simpler.

You pick your character and that’s all.

I don’t know why the player should be limited to a single super art either; Alpha 3 had every character at least two Super Combos available every time and no one saw a problem with it.

Of course, Street Fighter IV and V made “easier” content updates by just adding one more move to every character, and at the same time they expanded the game’s life and options for players who already knew very well who were their mains.
It would be more expensive to create only new characters as DLC updates, and maybe many players won’t be interested since they already know who they’re playing as.

That’s another reason why I don’t see the “everyone’s here” approach to the roster. I don’t think that could ever happen.

Hey guy! :v::v:

Street fitghter 6 must have Remy! I tired of play Guile, he is like closet gay :crazy_face:

He could arrive eventually, but not replace Guile.

Remy’s like one of the most unpopular SF characters ever.