Id like to replace the music on the TvC disc. Anyone want to help figure this out?

It’s things like this that make me wish I went to school or plan on going to school for it haha. And I agree, Wastelands has a decent theme. But most of the stages just get old, and fast. I know some people that worked on Brawl’s hacks, I’ll see what I can do.

I would love to have some CGOH character themes back, although I’m loving UAS music so far, nothing to say about them, and thank God is not MvC2’esque.

Apparently TaurusOxford in the Zero forums knows of a method.

[media=youtube]Hqj5bX4ib_E[/media]

His soundtrack is sick, and it has the character theme switching with the US version somehow?

And if he sees this, sorry in advance, I know he’ll probably be flooded with “omg how did you do that?” pms in the next few hours. :stuck_out_tongue:

Arg, the GBA temp link got it all wrong XD

He says he put the music in with “Camtasia Studio 6” so it might just be an edit of gameplay footage from the Wii rather then editing of the game itself.

I didn’t see that. :frowning: Thanks for letting us know.

Oops, I guess I should’ve had that in the description. Thankfully though I never got flooded with PMs.

I have another vid here for those interested - [media=youtube]RdJx812SqRQ[/media] If you want to know where i’m getting the music from, feel free to ask. Maybe in the event we can get it hacked to play music CGoH style, we can compile a soundtrack for it in advance. :slight_smile:

i do believe there is Ocarina codes in development to replace whatever song of your choice to play of an SD Card
rather that playing legal back-ups with custom themes…

Brawl+
they did that with code to replace music from the SD Card!!!

someone will develop code for our needs for custom music!!!
hopefully soon…

Well I’m into the whole brawl hacking thing and if you want to make the music change like cgoh, that’s gonna be some extensive coding, if you want to change the music by stage you need to find out which file type they used for the songs and locate them then either use wiiscrubber to replace them or edit PhantomWings file patch code for Brawl to work with TvC and do it through the SD.

They’re both really complicated and may get you flagged online, but I’m sure with enough will they’ll find a way.

Id replace the Megaman Stage (daylight) with the Storm Eagle (megaman X) song in a heart beat
and for the Rainy version id prolly put the First stage theme of Megaman X

Wait for Riivolution. Sounds like it’ll be perfect for this sort of thing, basically replacing files on legit DVDs with files from SD card on-the-fly as it loads. Kinda like Brawl+ I guess but without the need for Ocarina codes, just a nice simple XML file. The only caveats being: a) it isn’t released yet and b) you’ll still need to figure out the sound format in order to make the replacement files. Also c) it requires an actual retail copy - but that shouldn’t be a problem for anyone here, right?

As for being flagged by Nintendo, this is unlikely. Art assets (in general) have nothing to do with the netcode - think of the PC SF4 skins. It’s all client-side, no need to add to network overheads by adding unnecessary checks.

oh man this would be great

Is the rapper in the TVC intro theme the same as the rapper from CVS2?He’s called James C. Wilson in the credits.

I cracked a little smile when I heard his voice again, I actually crack a smile every time I hear the Across the Borders song.

Somehow this thread is still here while mine gets closed because and I will quote here"We have a tournament subforum. This subforum is for tatsunoko vs capcom strategy discussion."

So where does this fall in. You are actually talking about hacks and soft mods and nothing legal at all. But because you are Keits it is cool? I am just saying, if you do not like how the thread was going then say that, but my thread came with a postive response in three posts, yours is still nowhere and still talking about stuff that has nothing to do with Strategy, but is still open.

I wanted help finding tourneys and it seemed like it was going to help.

Your thread is crap but is still open??? Just sayin’, move it to tech talk, or take it to smashboards, because it does not belong here according to you.

It belongs here since this is TVC general discussion and not Strategy (those are in the individual character subforums) and it’s a TVC related topic without a separate subforum for it in the TVC subsection. And nothing in this thread goes against what’s listed here.

I’m pretty sure I know how to do this. I’ve done it for Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 3. The thing is… will it have a problem looping?

In Brawl, the length of the track has to be divisible by a certain multiple of milliseconds to get it to work correctly. Using this same thing in Naruto, I was able to get a full soundtrack but after 2 and 1/2 minutes the track would cut out and go silent, only to restart 10 seconds later. Considering TvC is made by Eighting, the same company who makes Naruto, I’m pretty sure that means I can not only replace the soundtrack but swap TvCs models with the same models + textures as Naruto and vice versa.

Anyways, back on topic and to the point of SD cards: SD Codes only work on games that have SD support. If TvC does not already have the code on the disc to read an SD card, then there is no way to access SD cards to my knowledge.

None the less, my interest is peaked and I will now attempt to put a set of (looping) custom songs and get back to all of you later today.

Edit: SSD file format is indeed problematic so it won’t work as I had planned but I’ll keep trying somethings. At least I’m pretty sure model changing still works if anyone wanted that hahaha.

had tvc for a few days now and just realised that all the music has been replaced, i was ok before knowing this and now hearing how awesome all the prior music was, i just feel gutted . i dont play batsu but if they had his rival schools theme in this game i would play him EVERY time fucking love that game…

is there any way to do this without hacking your wii?

** We should all sign a petition to have them release them as DLC**

online petitions do not work. They didn’t take the music out for no reason. They took it out for the same reason Daimo was cut

Actually even though they couldn’t put in the Tats theme music, Capcom still own the rghts to the music of the Capcom characters. I am disappointed that at the very least the Capcom themes didn’t make it. But regardless, UAS is still a great game.

I’m not sure if this is the case, this is more of an educated guess than anything concrete but I’m pretty sure most brawl code’s are started from whatever loader you use for your games or codes and therefore supersede the actual game. You can even change the Nintendo warning thing about the wii-mote and that’s before the game actually loads.

I think the same thing can be said for patched that are made for some games to run off of HD loaders effectively, I remember a friend having to run some stuff from his SD card to get his backup of house of the dead 1&2 running correctly, and I don’t think that game has SD card support in-game like brawl does

the point im trying to make in my long-winded post is that I THINK that loading codes to swap out files on-the-fly like in brawl is loaded well before the actual game and isnt limited by the game not having access to the SD card, the code is effectively forcing the game to read its texture from a different source as opposed to the CD. As long as you have the file/folder tree set up the same you should only have to change a few lines of code in the actually game to get it to read to the SD card for textures or sound as opposed to the CD.

that make any sense?

But all that is a moot point, until someone finds out what file format the music is in and devises a method to convert mp3’s too that format, then file swapping from the SD card wont really matter.

deep down I’m hoping the developers were lazy and left in the “character swapping = music change code” and just disable it. But i for one have no idea how to re-enable it.

also, Roll’s model with Megaman’s move set, lol