Ibuki Video Thread

A video of Ibuki beating the shit out of me. That speed. :o

[media=youtube]AmX6lOCdMNE[/media]

So exactly where in the video is the Ibuki “beating” you up? All she did besides normal boost chains was do an attack into HK dash twice that led to a boost chain (which was a very unsafe mixup). Where exactly is this superior speed of hers?

HK dash is 25 frame startup and all attacks into HK dash are negative and very highly negative on block from cr mp (- 9 on block and -5 on hit). Since Ibuki has no reversal or moves with invincibility at all, you can mash jab anytime you see her dash and you are guaranteed to hit or force her to block if you are slow. Since it was online I can see it possibly being more difficult to react to with the lag, but offline that dash “mixup” will not work since it is easily OS by a standing jab from the whole cast.

That video does show Juri doing alot more damage throughout the match with HER superior air speed.

By the way you can increase your damage with Juri by ending her tag combos with cl HP x lk senpusha instead of cr mk x lk senpusha.

To get the timing down you just have to stall a bit before doing the cl HP.

I see. I haven’t faced that many Ibuki’s online and whenever I face one they end up being very good. Actually, we have more fights aside from that one and her Ibuki is usually the one dominating most of the match. I picked that one to record since that’s the only video where I managed to score a win. :lol:

So jabbing is capable of stuffing that dash move? Thanks for the advice, maybe I’ll get the chance to use that the next time I face another Ibuki player and I might try that improved combo for Juri… :slight_smile:

Yeah, that combo improved the damage. Weird that it didn’t work the first time I tried it. o_O

No problem. I’m glad that I helped.

Make sure you do a standing attack no matter who you choose so that you’ll hit even if you reacted late (to OS everything that Ibuki does including raw launcher).

Also the reason why the Juri combo may not have worked the first time is because if you do it too early, then it will just miss.

OH god I remember that match. It was so laggy I could not see anything at all. But yea, this is my 2nd week into ibuki and I had no previous experience with her. Can you give me any advice for her? I have a lot of problems with characters like heiachi and sim with ibuki so any help would be appreciated.

My advice is to drop Ibuki. Come 2013 (in a few days) she WILL be bottom tier and pretty much unplayable. There are so many characters in the game that does everything Ibuki does, but WAAAY better on TOP of being a better character overall. Characters like Heihachi have gotten way stronger and Ibuki has gotten way worse. If you think certain matchups are bad now, just wait till you see the 2:8 matchups not in Ibuki’s favor when the patch drops.

This is the best advice I can give. Not because I’m trying to be mean or anything like that, its just that Ibuki LITERALLY has no options. They made her that terrible.

i know how bad she is come 2013 but i wont get that patch until july at the earliest. PC baby!

Oh well if that’s the case, then I guess the best things would be to get good with comboing into a chained TC 8 x TC 3 x raida (which is her BnB) from all distances (st lp and cr mk are the two moves that you should use to start the chain combo with. Stop using dash mixups on block. Only use them RARELY on hit. Make sure you have her AA combos down. Don’t forget that st lk x launcher is godlike. Learn where it’s hurtbox is. In the corner if you do a combo into EX tsumuji you can do far HP x backhand x raida.

Defensively there is not much help that I can give other than to stock up on meter and use theme for high damage alpha counter combos. Obviously you have st lk if you are getting at the tip of their range, then you can throw it out if they keep attacking.

Finished my SF X TK Ibuki 2013 Guide, hope it helps anybody trying to pick her up ;). Though I’m sure most of you guys here already know a lot of this stuff.