Ibuki Video Thread

Is there any reliable way to try and change your timings so that you can mess up the cross counter if you “feel” one is coming?

I imagine you could get a big combo off of that if it fails and leaves a hole in their defense, but on the flipside they might just try and poke out of it and do the same to you.

If you know that they like to cross counter st mk you could jump cancel it and it will dodge certain cross counters that don’t go up even if they have fast startup. If you know that they like to cross cancel tsumiji on block, then don’t do it on block if you don’t want it cross countered.

Yaaay =D! It’s good to see more awesome Ibukis. I learned something from this, I didn’t know you could follow up mid screen after EX kicks =D. Awesome, now I have found a use for Raida, besides trolling with it.

Can you give me an examples of where this was used? I must have missed it as I was watching. Thanks in advanced =)

It is used at the start of his play in the first round.

Good stuff dude I forgot to watch it earlier heh

Some from here, sorry about the quality. Using the spoiler tag to see if it loads the vids faster.

Myk (Ibuki)

Spoiler

[media=youtube]8gT1qJJoZ_c[/media]

[media=youtube]4fRcaMizL6g[/media]

[media=youtube]ATzHL7o0xd4[/media]

[media=youtube]UVDZLncYlAo[/media]

[media=youtube]i3LUDycjdMo[/media]

Some combos I put together using Ibuki and Hwoarang, also includes cross assaults and a simple Pandora combo. I hope you enjoy. Feed back or tips are always appreciated too!
[media=youtube]BgEUabAlX_0[/media]

I don’t have so much as a “combo video” but I main ibuki and youtube my channel has several vids of Ibuki play. It can give people ideas so check it out.
[media=youtube]AXBvTSi40XY[/media]

Main things to note in this video. TC4 does not connect fully against Kuma under certain circumstances. This was one thing that I had hoped would not transfer over to this game, but it did.

Second thing is that I demonstrate the cr hp mixup pretty well in the second round. I did not do my most damaging combos off the jump ins since I was only using Ibuki solo combos.

[media=youtube]n1C9PEfwdCY[/media]

Ur my role model for Ibuki in this game man, >.>
Im basically taking EVERYTHING from ur gameplay…

Thanks.

Here are some new videos demonstrating the TC8 potential. I forgot to post these a while back so I am much better at these combos now.

1. I drop the raida finisher a few times which I never do now.
  2. In the corner, you can do the same combo but just end the TC8 straight into raida so that you can keep them in the corner and it only does slightly less damage (about 30). I’m not good at that one yet.
  3. If its blocked I generally use jump back kunai, but you can cancel into whatever you like.
  4. You can combo into TC8 from any distance as far as cr mk extends to almost anywhere in between and each TC8 combo does 300+ damage and its safe. There is a small distance where TC8 will whiff so you just have to learn where.

[media=youtube]VFq_WUT5cZQ[/media]

Hey thanks for the new vids Alex; great stuff. It really makes me want to work harder at my training.

I have a quick question regarding Ibuki’s tag in combo that you perform with regularity, especially on the second piece of footage - I’ve been trying to replicate that in my own games since I saw your archived stream footage from a while back, but it doesn’t seem to want to come out with any regularity. Most of the time, Ibuki will overshoot on her tag in and face the wrong direction - I assume it’s user error on my part, but I’m unsure how to correct it. Any idea what might be causing it?

Thanks!

I really don’t know since it never happened to me. Sorry. I have no idea. The only error I have is that against Hugo if you do the tag in combo, sometimes you land on the same side as Hugo which messes up my input for kazekiri.

Edit: I have been trying to figure out your error, and I think that I know what it is. If you press cl hk too early then ibuki will move forward and the cl hk will go past the opponent. If that is the error, then you only have to wait till they become level to you, and then press cl hk.

I’m really enjoying your videos, Alex. May I ask if you are considering doing a video tutorial for Ibuki?

Maybe a few months later. There is going to be a major balance patch in the future that patches every character so I would want to make a tutorial after that comes out if I’m going to make one. The most important fix is that they fix the hitbox on cl hp not allowing it to miss or just always make st hp come out at ranges that cl hp would miss. I really hope that they fix lk hien hitbox to not whiff when you are too close as well.

New combo video for Hwaorang/Ibuki spent a bit more time making this one, hope everyone enjoys it. Let me know what you think.

And damn Alex, nice Ibuki. I’ve never seen it before, I’m so glad I have some new things to learn! I hope you don’t mind if I steal some moves from you!

[media=youtube]q74N6-u9_Js[/media]

So I finally got around to making a quick video showing mostly the major problems Ibuki has and I posted my proposed changes in the description on how to change Ibuki for the next patch which hopefully comes out soon. Here you go guys:

[media=youtube]yN61F8ljYUM[/media]

After the patch comes out I am planning on making a tutorial video on Ibuki. Hopefully they fix her properly.

(cross posted from the yoshi forums)
Hi guys I’m a lurker and I don’t usually record my own matches but I just found out today that someone has uploaded a few of my matches to youtube over the past few months. I use Yoshimitsu and Ibuki. I think these are particularly interesting because this was the 3 months that I played a lot of sfxt online because I was training for the LA 25th anniversary qualifiers and you can see how my points go from 4k in the first video to 15k in the last video but I think how I’ve improved as a player is also apparent. I ended up going 3-2 at the qualifiers. My very first match was on stream and I played terribly and got raped so ya I could link that also but whatever. Also, I play on PC so this is uh whatever patch that is right now (no dlc characters)

[media=youtube]BSHkpiggaNc[/media]

[media=youtube]fKvZ_bqL51A[/media]

[media=youtube]hx5GdIKCepg[/media]

[media=youtube]mUCzgto8QJo[/media]

[media=youtube]PoGRRxNmvCI[/media]

[media=youtube]8syybqTHkRw[/media] ibuki changes in 2013

Since her j.HK has more startup (7f) now, can she still do cl.HK, JC, j.HK, into whatever in the new version?