Ibuki Combo/FAQ v1.0

dude this ish is tizzight it realy helped me out with my ibuki game thanks alot dogg

o shits niccuh, str8 whack gunna take me forever to learn her lolz(meaning longread/complexchick)
ANNNDD …xeno is lubbed by all =3

Very nice Xenozip. :tup:
Another ok combo with sa 1: close roundhouse xx neutral superjump sa1
I like this combo because there are not so many ways to combo her sa1. And it looks flashy.

Xenozip (please tell me you still come to these forums)

Can you give me some advice on what buttons to use?
For instance, from down medium kick distance, I like down medium kick. I think I just might be using forward roundhouse too much.

From very close, I remember someone complaining about her jab being annoying, and usually, annoying = good, so I try her standing and crouching jab when close.

Any tips?

Yes her jab is annoying, it can be used as a counterhit setup or tick throw easily because of her fast walking speed, I use everything to my advantage with Ibuki, delayed standing FP, everything I use. St. Mk snuffs out a lot of things, you see the Japanese using that on their vids to snuff out people, obviously she doesnt have a “true cr. mp” because it is a mid move, but I even use that to get people, to me its all about keeping them guessing and thinking they know the timing of my moves and hitting them with delayed moves…so you can choose once to do the Back+mk then follow up with f+mk to train them, then choose the next time to use back+mk to cr. roundhouse as a little mixup to keep them guessing, then once you have them in that mindset you can start just blocking off the back+mk and watch “noobs with the shotos dragon punch” of anyone else do an attack because they expect you to do the followup with f+mk. Mix all this up with walk up throw and you got a pretty decent mindgame/fuck.

Big update. Updated the first and second posts on this thread.

Sorry, my computer has been messed up recently. I don’t really check this section too much, either. Really sorry if I missed anyones questions or comments.

I wonder why this thread was never stickied?

[Edit]: I’ll be making a new thread later today that hopefully can get some more posts from Ibuki players.

Updated second post and edited first post.

Sorry for the re-organization of posts.

OK, WOW! I’m gonna read this! I liked Ibuki in DI, but I felt like her ‘feel’ was lost in 3S.
The only problem with you’re FAQ is that the combos are ‘clogged’ underneath one another. Can you plz space them out (leave a line between combos). That way reading it’ll be easier.
Thanks man!

heres a tip for everyone to be aware of.

when using qcb+KK on chun is not safe:

if you end this move low and she blocks it, she can reverse super you and you eat it. (most likely if the last low one whiffs too probably she can super on reation… have to have someone test).

so if you play against a chun that knows this… end the move with a high kick instead of low if chun has a super stocked

edit: thought this could go into your ibuki fax xeno. good job on it btw.

Nice read good job Xeno…

help’n my Ibuki game out… try’n to use sum1 else besides urien and ken in the acrades but dayum this girl is complicated got a lot of practicing to do

Using qcb+KK BY ITSELF on any character that short when crouching (Oro, Elena, Chun Li, Ibuki) is just asking for death. Never using that move by itself on those characters. You’re just asking for trouble. Always follow up with a s.MK first. If the s.MK connects and you can verify that they are standing when it occurs…then yes you can get away with the qcb+KK for a 5 hit combo.

Otherwise on characters that have a short crouch box like Chun Li, just do s.MK to hcb+HP or s.MK to qcb+MK (hit MK repeatedly…hold down to combo into the sweep if she’s crouching). Incase you didn’t already know…if the opponent is crouching you can combo into the last sweep of qcb+MK.

I’ve been practicing with the little ninja for a second. She takes a whole lot of work. Thanks for the tips, these are really helping with my game.

Imagine SA III was 2 stocks?

It still wouldn’t be that good. She still wouldn’t have a good low attack to hit confirm it off of and the super would still generally just be used for EX.

What about c.lk (link) s.lp s.sp into sa2? that is one hell of a hitconfirm. But I have no clue about its exact propertys…

You must mean SA3 cuz SA2 is her throw super (Yoroi Doushi) which does crap for damage when you use the non throw version.

yea thats what I meant to say. So what do you think about the usability of that combo? i mean it seems like it is ibukis version of shotos short short to super. Not that I would use it as sa1 is much more flexible. But it does a great deal of damage and stun…

Well…that’s not a very easy hit confirm and certain characters (like Chun Li, Oro, Yun etc.) with small crouching hit boxes will completely duck under the s.LP. Making that combo useless. You could use it as a hit confirm but the timing for it is just too strict (and doesn’t work against enough characters) to use as a viable option the majority of the time. It’s good when you can work it in but…that’s why most people just stick to SA1 and use c.LK to hcb+P (which works on everyone) or c.LK to EX qcb+K (which works on most characters, except for characters like Chun or Oro when they’re crouching).

In Japanese tournaments that I’ve seen, people that use SA3 Ibuki just stick to EX and don’t ever really try to combo into the super outside of c.LK to SA3 (which is not a hit confirm, just dumb luck).

ah thanks for the info! the timing is hard but its possible to mash the lp :wink:

c.LK -> s.LP is a link ? Well that’s surprising, the frame data i got from Karathrow.com says c.LK is +3 and s.LP has 3 frames startup, so it souldn’t link normally. But maybe the data is false on this …

Beside that, there’s no reason to use that link, since Ibuki already has an easy hit confirm starting with jab (LP-MP-HP xx whatever, LP-MP-HP xx qcb HK xx SA3). Against characters that can duck the punch chain, use the kick chain (LK-MK xx whatever) instead. It’s not as easy to hit confirm, but still doable.