Ibuki Combo/FAQ v1.0

Thanks alot Xenozip.

hey xenoā€¦ watupā€¦ dang youā€™ve typed up so muchā€¦ i wanna see some of your vids :stuck_out_tongue:

Me too. Host that shit.

lol, being a combo characterā€¦ an ibuki video would run in at about 15-20 minutes most likely, which would take forever to compileā€¦ also sorting and such would be hard as to figure out where to put everything. Ibuki would make a great video though, starting out slow then cranking the level way up. Sheā€™s very fun to use and play, but requires a lot of work and because of her nature, without working on her you canā€™t pull off any lucky wins. The combos and such need to become nature to use her effectively, thinking about what to do often fails like with most characters~ I donā€™t think Ibuki needs visual aid though, but 1. itā€™d be fun, 2. itā€™d increase her popularity a little, 3. something that wonā€™t happen unless you got thongboy/slimx and such to help, since it seems xenozip is really busy and just trying to type everything out in spurts of freetime which is gladly appreciated. Thanks for your FAQ xeno.

Iā€™d offer questions, but right now only have comments ^ lol. Keep up the great work Xeno.

i must have not seen it whats her stun combo can u use lp lk mp mk hp hk please?

:amazed:

holy.

thatā€™s a LOT OF READING :lol:.

looks awesome. if you put an Ibuki tutorial out, i think iā€™ll learn some.

:clap:

i think the only tutorial that could give ibuki justice would be a movie of epic length. She such an indepth character :wow:

This should be stickied.

I donā€™t know if I am supposed to be crying of joy or of sadness.

To read all of this after Twelve, Sean, and Alexā€¦ BIG F** OMG. This is really insane. Since when ninja girls are so complicated?

Wow. This is gonna take some time to digest.

Is there a downloadable, formatted text version in the works? :smiley:

My faq is coming out in a weekā€¦ and has just a little bit of this.

The following combos work, and I donā€™t think theyā€™re part of your FAQ:

s.RH, s.RH

s.JP, s.SP, s.FP, Kazekiri (dp+K) :wow:

You can probably start that one with the opening air hits too, but I havenā€™t tried yet.

If you are just talking about HK, here are all the combinations I got:

DAMAGE COMBO
15 HK
17 HK, uppercut.KKK
17 HK, uppercut.K
20 HK > qcb.KKK
22 HK*2
26 HK, b.MP, HP
27 HK, c.HP
34 HK > duf.(HP, f.MK)
38 HK > du.(qcf.P > SUPER#1)

If you are just talking about starting by a MK, here are all the combinations I got:

DAMAGE COMBO
25 MK, HK
28 MK > qcb.MK
28 MK > uppercut.LK
28 MK > qcb.LK
29 MK > uppercut.HK
31 MK > uppercut.MK
35 MK > uppercut.KKK
36 MK > hcb.LP
37 MK > hcb.MP
38 MK > hcb.HP
40 MK > qcb.KKK

Yo its Ibuki. :tup: ā€¦ Just got 3s on Sat. Ps2, should rock.
Already broke it w/ Ken. Fear me at Evo!

ā€¦ what?

Pdf

Hey, I can turn this into a nice PDF if I have the authors permissionā€¦

ā€¦And dont 4get Ibukiā€™s
cl.LP,MP(1 hit),FP,EX Kazekiri(DP+2k),Kasumi-Suzaku(qcf,qcf+p) combo!
maybe it isnt her best damage, but itā€™s so flashy so itā€™s can ez-lee scare ya opponent! hehehe LOL
DA NINJA STYLE!

OK,
cl.LP,MP(1 hit),FP,HP Raida(hcb+HP) is simpe and stylazā€¦

ā€¦yeah. and not bad non-EX non-SUPER damager (38)

OK,OK maybe not so simple as MK,HP Raida (hcb+HP)(38 tho), but stil SO GOD DAMN STYLOOOOOOOZZZZ hehehe

Sorry I havenā€™t been around in a while. Glad to see people adding to the lists.

The only thing I really have to add is far Strong Punch links with SA.3 (Yami Shigure). You can also link far standing jabs from crouching short or jab, which leads to some interesting link combos.

Far SP, SA.3 - 63
Far JP, SP, SA.3 - 66
c.JP, far JP, SP, SA.3 - 68
c.SK, far JP, SP, SA.3 - 68
Close JP, far JP, SP, SA.3 - 70

toward+FK, SA.3 - 65
toward+FK, far SP, SA.3 - 72
toward+FK, far JP, SP, SA.3 - 75

Against crouching opponents, you can link SA.3 from a toward+RH

(vs. crouch or stun) toward+RH, SA.3 - 73

If you plan on using SA.3, I canā€™t stress enough how important learning her links are. Linking it from a far strong or a toward+FK are both extremely easy and give you PLENTY of time to buffer and hit-confirm it. You can also cancel a QCB+RH on the second hit into SA.3, which is also very useful to know. However, I believe SA.1 is still her best super due to all the benefits it gives.

After a close RH, you can follow up with a late back+SP (1hit), FP, DP+SK

so
close RH, back+SP (1hit), FP xx DP+SK - 36

or
close RH, back+SP (1hit) FP xx qcb+SK/FK - 36

The back+SP has to be done late, or the opponent will be reset after the FP, making the DP+SK wiff. If timed right, however, the DP+SK will not wiff because the FP will not reset the opponent. The advantage to this combo is that it causes knockdown, and they land fairly close to you, allowing you time for a rushdown/mix-up. You can replace the DP+SK with a qcb+SP for the same damage, but this sets the opponent further away and they are able to recover faster. Her jumping target combo does more damage and stun as a follow up, but resets the opponent rather far from you.

As far as videos goā€¦ Sorry, not now, and probably not for a while. I recommend getting match videos when available. They tend to teach better than tutorial/combo vids anyway.

Remember, combos tend to be flashy, but a lot of the time: Less is more. When starting with Ibuki, I recommend concentrating on her anti-airs, pokes, pressure, rushdown and mix-up.