"I prefer to fight alone." Cody Partners Thread

switching back and forth would be your best choice. otherwise are ex zonk and ex cu the biggest “damage gains” for one meter. 60 for zonk and 20 more for cu respectively. you can also save your bars and combo into super and/or cross art (which is easily done after a zonk).

I’m trying out Cody x Jin now, think they go pretty well together. Cody on point because he he does his best damage by far from his grounded links, he doesn’t have anything crazy(yet) after tag cancels, best i could come up with, same as everyone else is cl.mp, cr.hp xx zonk // mk ruffian. Think Cody will REALLY benefit from a partner which allows him to combo from a grounded state after a tag cancel.

Anyway, although Jin has one amazing anti-air, his MA>lk, it is slow on startup and difficult to do on reaction, and chances are unless you somewhat read a jump it can get beaten out on startup. His cr.hp is trash as an AA…which is where Cody comes in. Yeah…people will not jump in on Cody when he has b.mp and hk rufffian, even far hp, and he deals pretty well with crossup attempts by dashing under and using his slide. He also has far better buttons than Jin.

Strangely enough, i actually think Jin is quite a bit better upclose than Cody eventhough Cody is “renown” for his frametraps.
Will play Cody somewhat passive untill i see an opening and then go into launcher or HP CU and go from there with Jin once he’s in.

Meterless, unless it’s the corner i will i will almost always link into the launcher with Cody, just does more damage.
Zonk, only use it in certain matchups and in juggles(zonk is best attack to tag cancel from after a juggle), no need to charge it in the neutral game really.

Some combos:
[Cody]cr.lp, cr.mp, cr.mp>launcher [Jin]b.mp>hp, CADC, cr.mp, cr.hp xx ss.mp.
[Cody] cl.hp, cr.hp>launcher [Jin]b.mp>hp, CADC, cr.mp, cr.hp xx ss.mp.
[Cody] cl.hp, f.mp, cr.mp xx hp CU [Jin]Powerstance>Mental Alertness>lk, b.mp>hp, CADC, cr.mp, cr.hp xx ss.mp.
*Because hp CU launches so ridiculousely high Jin has enough time to do a PS to time it better and to build a little bit of meter.

[Cody]f.hp [Jin] cr.mp, cr.hp>launcher [Cody] cl.mp, cr.hp xx zonk // mk ruffian.
[Cody]f.hp [Jin] cr.mp, cr.hp xx ss.lp, mk xx MLD.

[Jin]cr.mp, b.mp>hp xx MLD [Cody] j.hk, cr.hp xx zonk // mk ruffian.
*In the corner you can do nj.hp with Cody, it’s easier.

Reset(although not sure what you can get after this really)
[Jin] …xx ss.mk [Cody]cr.hp xx lp bad stone
cr.hp CADC, cl.mp/hp, throw.

Some random combos and stuff, have barely played 2 hours with Cody x Jin as a team

On block both Jin(MLD) and Cody(Criminal upper) have a move which keeps the opponent in blockstun, maybe usefull for some setups.

I tried doing a CADC combo with Cody from his cl.hp/cr.hp, think something might be possible if you tag cancel when the opponent is high enough.

Guy

There’s no other ”official” team worth using and the two compliment each other well.

I’m using cody/dudley right now and I am not having too much trouble opening people up, Cody’s Cr. Lk is probably one of the most broken normals in the game lol. It has the range of a low forward, but comes out in like 3 or 4 frames. All I do is just do a block string and then either hit confirm off a counter hit to cr. lk into criminal upper, and if they block I just do cr. lk into criminal upper anyways because its practically 100% from almost all ranges (not point blank). Cody is very good in this game lol

Kazuya’s c.lk would like to have a word with you, as well as some s.lps.
tho, good thing is that you can “hitconfirm” c.lk, since c.lk, c.lk combos.

Cody/raven is the best way to go idk why it just works perfect for me :slight_smile:

Because of Raven

Cody/Bryan is my dreamteam

Cody’s c.lk is the best normal in the game imo.

Using a mix of Akuma, Cody, and Yoshimitsu, usually Cody in the 2nd slot for his damage. Is Cody’s lp CU safe on block?

I think it’s -5, don’t do it up close against anyone with a fast DP. From a distance, I think Ryu/Akuma can sweep you.

My vote goes to any button you press while playing Vega

Zukku a little negative on Cody? I know he didn’t get the changes we really wanted in AE…

If Vega gets the claw then Cody has the knife.

Vega doesn’t lose his claw when he techs a throw or goes for a throw

not really negative. it’s just that they copy and pasted him into a game where his pressure game does not work as well without any changes to his move set to give him a bit more mix up. tho he’s a good footsie character with a great anti air in a game where those are sparsely and that makes up for that. you just have to play him differently.

You going to update this OP with useful information?

Yes. In due time.

What combos are you using for that team? I play Hwoarang on point and get some pretty decent combos, but I’m not sure how to get 450+ with one meter.

To be fair, a few of 'em are pretty simple, but they start with a Jump In HK or HP, a Standing HP, a Crouching Linked HP, a Heavy Criminal Upper, Tag Cancel, a Jumping Heavy Kick, a Crouching Heavy Kick, and a hunting hawk. Should net you an insane amount of damage.