I hate this version of Super Turbo

I dont understand the OPs complaint, to each thier own, but they gave you the option for the old graphics, so… use them?

Duh?

And “Udon” is a comic company, not a guy. (a very highly regarded one at that)

And for the record, I love the new visuals.

Exactly what I thought when I read that too haha.

I only agree with the terrible artwork. Thank goodness I’m only on a 34inch HD CRT because I’m using the old sprites and they still look good.

The gameplay tweaks are phenomenal, despite the presence of bugs that still need to be ironed out

Chun’s HD sprite is hot
All the sprites are amazing with exception of a few (mainly Balrog and Cammy imo)

Anybody notice that the Oicho Throw is misspelled as “Ochio Throw” in Honda’s quote? Although considering 90% of SRK misspells it, that wasn’t really surprising.

i dont think the presentation is professional. the font and gui look very ms paint. look at the backround when you finish with a super. it looks like someone hit “shine” in a random image editor.

to each his own- but the presentation could’ve been more distinct.

This game is fantastic, as are the graphics. Of course, as always, people show their gratitude to the people who took a LONG time to make this game, for the community, certainly not to make money at a steal of a price, 15$.

my artist friends hate the Udon art in this game… they are artists, so they are really critical when it comes to pixel art.

I agree with them somewhat but I dont let it bother me, I just want to punch people in the face online

I don’t really like the new graphic either and the music is…uneven, some are great and some are just…weird. Vega muisc makes me want to cry. But hey, with the awesome Internet connection quality and rebalanced characters, I’ll give this game 11 out of 10!!!

i have one complaint about the new artwork, Guile has little baby feet

I’m enjoying the game a great deal, but let’s face it… the artwork is terrible. I’m glad you guys are die hard fans, but jesus… open your eyes, people.

LOL, yeah, I noticed that last night too! Didn’t say anything since I was in the middle of a fight, but yeah, he wears like size 5 in this game.

I personally like the changes, but I will say I liked the older chun-li sprite more lol.

Yeh it looks weird doesnt it, I which it wasnt always yellow though but dependant on what colour costume you have.

I do agree and disagree with the posters comments, but there are certain things about the art that do annoy me the game itself is top notch!

I’m not a fan of Cammy or Chun Li’s sprites, compare them to the hotties they have in the background of Thawks stage lol. Seriously they don’t look that good, Cammy just seems very washed out and somewhat unfinished (you can go onto Udon Deviant Art page and see yourself they can draw simple and amazing versions of the girls) \Example1 Chun Li/Fei Long/ - \Example 2 Cammy/

M.Bison, Guile, Vega seem to be drawn much better than any of the other characters, Blanka and Fei Long deserve a mention too but again there are parts that of them that lack detail when compared to other characters. Majority of characters look too washed out, it almost seems like they are meant to have black outlines but Udon never got round to doing it so they left the pencil lines instead.

I’m not liking strong outlines of male nipples either, they just seem so out place particularly on fei long for some reason :rofl:

I’ve been looking closely at the backgrounds, there is alot of needless movement going on, I know its not important but since this is a HD game people are going to look at the detail in the backgound alot more, I noticed on blanka’s stage the girl in the hut wont stop blinking …maybe she has an fly in her eye. I thought the snake was meant to be animated aswell :confused:

I wouldn’t of minded if they just got rid of all the on lookers and had landscapes or some other type of locations or event happening behind them (thinking back to Alpa3 I only really remember Ken’s stage having people in the background). But then you could argue such a change would be too much… and alot of people returning to the franchise would miss the old stages.

The art style could of been a whole alot better like characters faces actually matching their portraits is my biggest annoyance! Some of the character face sprites are better than the portraits but others like Balrog who has an awesome portrait look completely different and alot worse (butt ugly win pose). But like I said overall I think the HD sprites are good (Guile, M.Bison, Ehonda seem to have had the most work done to them) I haven’t noticed any popping at all which was always a worry from the first video footage. And I dred to think what would of happened if they went ahead with the old artwork!!

They give people like you the option to use the old sprites. (lord knows why anyone would do that to themselves) But the options are there.

there is no oppinion here. The new graphics are a hell lot better than the old. You can say you prefer the old bc your used to it, but you deff cant say the old style looks better than the new. That just makes no sence.

I was feeling a little down this morning. This thread gave me all the laughter I needed to pick myself back up. Thank you, SRK!

Agreed. The old graphics are ass. They were good back in the 90’s when we were kids or teens and started to like it. Try to show ST and HD Remix for your little brother, nephew or son and see what they like.

I was never a big fan of ST and I didn’t like the game when compared to some newer fighters. The gameplay changes added a lot of good stuff and get rid of most of the stupid stuff, and now I believe this is the best SF with a console release ever. Better than ST. Better than 3S.

Udon had to scale back on the artwork to meet the deadline. There was a story about it recently. The sprites would be fine if they were put through a couple more polishing passes.

What I’d like to see is a HD version of Hyper Fighting with polished up sprites from this game.

I approve all these posts.
STHD is the Business, right now. Its Dat Crack.

What also hurts the overall design is they explained the process they used to draw these sprites which I’m sure was unusual for them, since I do know artist who use this, but I don’t think the Udon artist have every really done it before.

It began with the old sprite, and the new sprite, to keep dimensions is a paint over. That is what aided some of the problems like squishing, etc, when they were trying to beef up certain characters. I think the artwork for the most part looks really nice, definitely not Udon’s best work. (Check the Capcom Fighting Jam ending pictures, those look perfect, and that’s the same crew.)