I do TOO have damage!: Firebrand Community Combo Video thread

I love Firebrand, but lets face it, his damage is piss poor. I was thinking about putting a video together based on getting large damage from a single Firebrand combo. If anyone is interested, please post your videos in here. These are the parameters/rules for submissions

#1: Damage must be over 750,000, enough to kill Strider, Akuma, RR. Please include total damage in combos.
#2: Combos MUST start with Firebrand, but do not neccessarily have to end with him
#3: I personally prefer combos with greater degrees of practicalness. I will include impractical combos of course, but I’d rather have the practical moves take the forefront.

If you are submitting a flashy impractical video, you can proceed from here. For Practical combos, please follow the following guides

-No X-Factor.
-Do not burn meter in excess of 3 meters. Firebrand is usually on point and it’s not exactly practical to expect him to burn that much meter.
-TACs are allowed, but no TAC infinites.
-Building towards a gimmick of some-sort IS acceptable(MODOK Cubes, Frank Levels, etc)

I have a few combos myself that I can use. A TAC combo into Doom that does between 950,000 and 1mil, a normal tag combo that works universally from Firebrand into Doom LVL3(Another really well known combo) that does about 750 or so damage, and a similar combo to the last one where-in I get a decent Doom Corner Combo. I’m away from my recording equipment at college right now, so I can’t put this to video, so sorry, no video from me for a while.

If anyone is interested, lemme know.

Can we avoid posting TAC combos that are generic to any point character.
There is nothing character specific about them, and that info can be obtained in other sections of SRK.

Great idea, i also think that the TAC’s aren’t the business for this type of vid you want to do (unless it’s Firebrand swag, ain’t really seen anything on that).

Any generic TAC combos won’t do enough damage in most instances. You’d need something swagtastic along the lines of Doom, Mags, Nova, etc.

I get 800k with 1 meter for scrub friendly MnMs doom TAC. TAC combos dont need to be swagtastic to do damage.

That’s kind of the point though, isn’t it? It’s easy damage. Firebrand is notable for having the absolute strongest corner carry the game has, and TACs make such good use of that that it seems like taking out TACs is limiting damage. Plus, nowadays, TACs are a huge part of the game. It should be made mention of, at least in my mind. If something is damaging enough, I think it should count. The goal is, as the title says, to show that a Firebrand combo can be a damaging one. But I digress. If you object to TACs, I won’t tell you off or anything. If it’s public opinion that TACs aren’t allowed, it doesn’t really matter since no one will submit TAC combos.

[media=youtube]V3vUUtPsWvs[/media]

I’ve posted that video a lot but does Zero count?

Why are you being so delusional?
You said TACs are not damaging unless its the swag kind. I responded because you were wrong. That TACs can be both easy and damaging.
I just wanted to avoid TACs that are generic and basicly common knowledge. I never objected to TAC combos.

Why would you not allow TAC’s? Firebrand to TAC infinite = your damage.

Not sure the mudslinging was called for, but whatever. I think this is more a misunderstanding about what I consider ‘generic’. Generic TACs for me is that basic basic basic stuff. You know, jM jM jH jS end Hyper. Even though it’s scrub friendly, I don’t really feel MnMs are ‘generic’, but meh, I can see why it is.

No, of course not. Infact, it’s encouraged(Ending on another character I mean).

Combo I came up with like 3 days ago

[media=youtube]xL4X2juhpaw[/media]

[media=youtube]mD9wsGgh-3A[/media]

Well then I’ve posted this one a lot too but I guess it counts. Don’t credit me for it, since I didn’t come up with it.

Hey, can I get damage numbers from you for each combo? Screen’s a bit small.

Yeah, Zak made that combo well known, but I think it should be mentioned, at least early in the video separated from the other stuff.

First combo 863k, second one is 892k, and the last one is 1,019,800. Also forgot to mention that both supers on the last ones were unmashed.

I have one that starts with Firebrand and ends with a level 5 Frank West (kills with the camera shot too). I’ll record it later tomorrow.

I have one that starts with Firebrand and ends with a level 5 Frank West (kills with the camera shot too). I’ll record it later tomorrow.

Does it use the spin-out cinematic DHC state?

Firebrand does 3k off a standing jab. In a turnbased rpg that is fucking huge.

Sent from my R800at using Tapatalk 2

All this TAC debacle going on, and fucking around in training mode, I think I found a TAC swag combo in the corner. Yay! Firebrand actually has (gasp) another possible combo (using TAC)! Hopefully, I can stop failing at it, but if I get it done, I’ll try to record it.

I finally got something i can submit. Re-posted from the Chaos Tide thread

It does a little over 8.6k damage.