"I am the lightning, the rain transformed..." — Raiden Thread

Supers:
[LIST]
[]Lv1: 150 - Two Hand Top: Raiden does an upside-down spinkick, cutting through surrounding enemies with his blade.
[
]**Lv2: 250 (400) - *Blade Mode: Raiden stuns surrounding opponents with a blast, then follows up with free cuts with his blade.
[
]**Lv3: 350 (750) - **Boxed In: Raiden’s opponents are trapped in cardboard boxes. After Raiden closes his ninja mask, Raiden can then proceed to slash open the boxes to find the other players and eliminate them.
[/LIST]
**AP Lost When Thrown: **15%

Square Moves
[LIST]
[*]**Single Hand Cut **-

: Raiden peforms a close range attack with his high frequency blade. Continue to press square for the full combo to come out.
[*]Backward Stab -

: Raiden performs a backward stab without turning around. Press square for a follow-up hit.
[*]**Leaping Cut **-

: Raiden leaps forward and cuts.
[*]Launching Cut

+’

: Raiden launches the enemy up, can be followed by a jump.
[*]Jumping Roll Cut -

** :** Raiden bounces the enemy off the ground following a jump roll motion.
[*]**Aerial Cut **-

(Air): Raiden slashes the enemy in the air. Continue to press square for the full combo to come out.
[*]Spinning Roll Cut -

(Air)* :*** Raiden spins forward, parallel to the ground, slashing enemies in his way.
[*]Air Launching Cut -

(Air)*:**Raiden lifts the enemy up with his blade.
[
]Downward Slash -

(Air) : Raiden slashes downward straight from the air.
[/LIST]
Triangle Moves
[LIST]
[]Heavy Slash - http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121016131557/playstationallstarsbattleroyale/images/8/8c/Btn_triangle.png **: **Raiden performs a medium range attack with his blade. Continue to press triangle for the full combo to come out. Alternate combo paths exist using square.
[
]Hundred Hit Kick -

** : **Raiden performs a series of rapid kicks on the enemy and then ejects him.
[*]Upward Sweep -

**: **Raiden sweep-kicks upward.
[*]Ashibarai -

**: **Raiden does a 360 degree crounching sweep kick.
[*]Whirlwind Kick -

*(Air) **: **Raiden spins in air like a whirlwind.
[
]Dive Kick -

(Air)** : **Raiden kicks diagonally downward from midair.
[*]Air Upward Sweep -

• (Air) **: **Raiden sweep-kicks upward in air.
    [
    ]**Heel Drop Kick - **

(Air)** : **Raiden kicks the enemy directly below him.
[/LIST]
Circle Moves
[LIST]
[*]Counter -

**: **Raiden counters the enemy’s attack.
[*]Charging Cut -

**: **Raiden slides forward and cuts. Hold down circle button to slide more distance.
[*]Horse Jump -

**: **Raiden horse jump over another enemy.
[*]lai-giri -

**: **Raiden instantly gets next to an enemy within a certain distance.
[*]Counter -

(Air) **: **Raiden counters the enemy’s attack.
[*]Air Charging Cut -

*(Air) **: **Raiden slides forward and cuts. Hold down circle button to slide more distance.
[
]Stomp -

(Air) **: **Raiden catches the enemy with an upward kick and stomps on the enemy.
[*]Drill -

*(Air) ***: **Raiden pins an enemy with his blade from air.
[/LIST]
Throws

[LIST]
[*][LEFT]Forward Throw -

or

: Raiden throws an enemy forward with his blade.[/LEFT]
[*][LEFT]Up Throw -

: Raiden bounces an enemy with his blade.[/LEFT]
[*][LEFT]Zan-Datsu -

: Raiden takes AP or item from the enemy as he cuts though the enemy.[/LEFT]
[/LIST]

Notation:

= S(quare)**

= T(riangle)**

= C(ircle)**

= X**

= N(eutral) **

= F(orward)**

= U§**

= D(own) **

**** = B(ack)**

Combos:

**Single Hand Cut Combo - **NSSSS
**AP Gain: **45

**Leaping Cut Combo - **FS, NSSSS
**AP Gain: **65

**Launcher Cut Combo - **US, X, j.NSSSSS
Can substitute last square for a triangle for same AP gain.
Can substitute last square for forward triangle for knockdown at the cost of 10 less AP (60).
**AP Gain: **70

**Leaping Launcher Cut Combo - **FS, US, X, j.NSSSSS
Can substitute last square for forward triangle for knockdown at the cost of 10 less AP (80).
**AP Gain: **90

**Backward Stab Combo - **BSS, US, X, j.NSSSSS
Can substitute last square for forward triangle for knockdown at the cost of 10 less AP (85).
**AP Gain: **95

**Leaping Cut BnB - **FS, NT, NS, DC, US, X, j.NSSSSS
AP Gain: 155

Heavy Slash Combo(s):
[LIST]
[]NTTT **- AP Gain: **20
[
]NTST **- AP Gain: **45
[*]NTTTST **- AP Gain: **60
[/LIST]
**Dive Kick Combo - *j.FT, *j.NSSSSS
Can substitute last square for forward triangle for knockdown at the cost of 10 less AP (60). Will not work on Toro, Fat Princess, Sackboy.
**AP Gain: **70

Dive Kick Combo 2 - j.FT (low to the ground)*, DC, US, X, *j.NSSSSS
**AP Gain: **140

**Dive Kick Combo 3 - **j.FT, j.UT, US, X, j.NSSSSS
**AP Gain: **140

**Ashibarai Combo - **DT, BSS, US, X, j.NSSSSS
**AP Gain: **145

**Heel Drop Kick BnB - **j.DT, NT, NS, DC, US, X, j.NSSSSS
**AP Gain: **155

**Counter BnB - **Counter, FS, NT, NS, DC, US, X, j.NT

**Counter BnB2 - **Counter, NT, NS, DC, US, X, j.NSSSSS

**Forward Throw BnB - **FThrow, FS, NT, NS, DC, US, X, j.NSSSSS
**AP Gain: **155+ AP will increase based on which character is thrown and how much meter they have at the time.

[media=youtube]Qy54Mf8WJNE[/media]

Stage Specific Combos:
Stages with invisible walls (ex. second phase of Dojo after walls are kicked down, first phase of Invasion on the flying platforms, second phase of Stowaways on the tethered cargo) cause a very interesting float effect after Single Hand Cut Combo that allows for a drastic increase in AP gained per combo for little to no effort.

**Leaping Launcher Cut Extended Combo (At Invisible Wall)- **FS, NSSSS, US, X, j.NSSS
**AP Gain: **130

**Single Hand Cut Extended Combo (At Invisible Wall)- **NSSSS, US, X, j.NSSSSS
**AP Gain: **145

Super Combos and Setups:

1. Forward Square combos into Level 1 and 2.

2. Counter combos into Level 1 and 2.

3. Neutral Square x 4 on a stage with invisible walls that causes float combos into Level 1 and 2. Example stages: Dojo Phase 2, Invasion Phase 1, Stowaways Phase 2

4. Forward throw combos into Level 2.

5. Forward throw and then forward Square combos into Level 1.

6. Down Circle combos into Level 2. Very easy confirm, can do it right out of BnB.

7. Air forward Circle combos into Level 1 and 2 assuming you are close enough to the ground to land before they recover.

8. Air down Triangle combos into Level 2.

9. Down Triangle combos into Level 2.

10. Up Square combos into Level 2.

11. Up Triangle combos into Level 2.

12. Back Square with Square followup combos into Level 2.

13. Air forward Square combos into Level 2 assuming you are close enough to the ground to land before they recover. In my opinion the hardest confirm Raiden has. The spacing to hit a grounded opponent with j.FS is unnatural and the window to super is quite small. Potentially a clutch move offline, would suggest avoiding online.

I would also like to give credit where credit is due to PlayStation All-Stars Wiki for the amazing button icons and basic moveset overview. Expect to see 1v1, 2v2, and FFA tactics along with whatever else I can think of to add.

Let’s get the Raiden discussions started!

F.1 > 2 > 1 > D.3 > U.1 > X > 1 x 5
AP: 155

You can also open this up with F.grab or D.2(air)

This is his standard BnB

Yup! I will be adding it (along with many other things) as the days progress. It was just getting late so I had to stop yesterday. :slight_smile:

I’m only gettting 135 AP for the standard BnB am I doing something wrong? It’s still level 1 which is huge to me.

The link for FS to NT is pretty tight, but it will combo giving you the full 155 AP. Set the dummy in practice to block after first hit and test your FS to NT timing until you can get it to combo successfully. :slight_smile:

I did, I get the full combo. I’m just getting 135 ap instead :open_mouth:

If you’re only getting 135 AP you are missing the link between FS and NT as previously stated.

Oh wow you’re right. I didn’t realize it was a link. I’m having a hard time landing this. I didn’t even realize it. BLEH I’ve been using a ps3 controller so I can’t double tap it :frowning:

OMG GOT IT! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Gratz! It really is a useful tool to have in your arsenal. Get it off and start that Parry into Lv1 goodness. :smiley:

I still haven’t done it in a match. Every time I go for it someone else hits me out of it.

Yeah FFA is a little hectic, I don’t particularly think it’s where the game shines at all. In FFA situations I usually go for shorter quicker combos like Leaping Launcher Cut and see if I can’t snag a second person into some smaller combos as well for faster AP gain. I also like to end most air combos with Triangle over Square as it can hit a secondary (or maybe even tertiary) approaching enemy yielding some free AP, not to mention even if it only hits one person you still build the same amount as just ending with Square.

Yeah I mainly use Leaping Launcher Cut. It just seems way more practical even in 2v2 games.

the last hit of the square string in the air hits more vertical vs the neutral triangle. i find that i hit with the square more than the triangle, but yea good stuff i guess with the idea of you might be hitting two or more ppl.

off of a counter do the same combo but after the teleport move into launcher just do neutral triangle in the air so it can give you 155 ap, if you don’t and you do the normal square you are going to reach the “limit” and the AIS or w/e is going to blow the opponent away. the first square slash gives you 5ap (135ap total) vs the neutral triangle which gives you 30ap (155ap).

remember off of a counter only since the counter gives you some ap in the beginning.

I’ll make sure to get that added deathwish, thanks! This weekend is a very busy one with NEC happening so I won’t be adding much over the weekend. But I do intend to add strategies for all game modes along with Raiden’s common super set-ups (of which he has a shit ton so expect them soon)!

If you guys feel there’s something that should definitely be added that hasn’t yet definitely post it up, I’ll make sure to get everything up at one point or another. Thanks!

awesome and yea no problem, just something i noticed. i’m going to copy n paste something i put in another topic on how to FIGHT raidens, altho us raiden players are more aware of when he is or isn’t safe, some ppl might benefit. i wrote this in a perspective on how to deal with raiden and what or what not to punish.

Dealing with Raiden’s “unstoppable pressure” or w/e is very easy you just have to look past all the flashy swings and know what you can punish. just sit back block and grab or punish what i am going to tell you.

his neutral square string is super unsafe, especially the last hit, so just grab or hit him if a raiden throws that out there. eventually smarter raidens will mix it up by NOT throwing out the last hit of the square string, but you can punish that too, for now i haven’t really seen anybody do anything out of the norm so just block and punish.

if an idiot raiden does that half screen dash and you happen to block it, proceed to putting down that book you are reading so you can punish, because he’s so unsafe.

if he HITS you with that (you will do that semi crumple, the one that you SIT DOWN), just hold block, chances are if he’s a scrub raiden (doing that full screen dash on the ground indicates that he’s not that good of a player), he will try to hit you, just hold block he can’t combo into that. if he grabs, jump. point is you are safe if he hits you with the full screen dash ON THE GROUND. remember DO NOT try to get up and hit raiden, you WILL LOSE! he will beat you out, however if you hold block you will be fine (and remember PUNISH after he does square string).

if he does his full screen dash very low to the ground forget about it, he is safe because he cuts all the lag out when he touches the ground. so if you are hit you gave him 155 ap. if you block it he can keep up the pressure no problem, but again, watch out cuz if you block w/e he is going to do you can most likely punish it.

his dive kick is unsafe by a frame or two i suspect. online my friend tried to throw me right after blocking the dive kick, i could tech the throw. however OFFLINE i could not and his throw beat out mine. in other words dive kick is probably -1 or -2, regardless it is unsafe. just block and throw, if they try to roll they will also be thrown. i think you can also punish by hitting.

the only thing “unfair” about raiden is just what killey said, how easy it is for him to hit somebody with his lvl 1 guaranteed. its fudging ridiculous. his lvl 2 is also awesome, basically a better version of E. Cole, since he can get the the first 3 or 2 kills and then more after they respawn.

good luck. and guys it IS a fighting game, they’re going to be bad and good characters. we need more time to see how it plays out.

Updated with Super Combos. From what I can find there are 13 confirms into guaranteed kills assuming correct execution and minimal lag. Anyone find any I missed?

I am loving this character and loving this thread! I started Raiden about an hour ago and I’m able to get most of these combos down really well! But for some reason, I can’t get the FS NT link very often :frowning: This seems like its very important if you can get 155 AP off a forward throw. I can probably get the link about 1/5 times. Any tips for execution? Is this even a practical combo for an online setting given how tight the timing is?

EDIT: Scratch that, it’s closer to 1/10 times >:0