"I am the lightning, the rain transformed..." — Raiden Thread

Hey spade, thanks for the kind words! :smiley:

As for the link, it is definitely practical online in a 2v2 setting, I would avoid it in FFA though unless you’re sure you can finish it before someone comes over to bother you. When I play 2’s with my partner I like to generally let them know when I’m doing this combo and they kind of goal-keep the other player for me, which is the same strategy we use when setting up for kills.

For an execution tip I would say be very generous with how many times you mash that Triangle button after the forward Square. While it is a link, links in this game are not as tight and unforgiving as they are in traditional style fighters. Once you see the NT move start up, you have plenty of time to stop pressing Triangle and press NS. So don’t be afraid to hit that Triangle button a few extra times until you get your timing down.

Also as a last little tip, there are 2 versions of the Counter BnB and the second version eliminates the FS to NT link but still generates 155 AP. If you don’t feel confident hitting the link online, this is a great way to build AP assuming you are comfortable with Counter reads!

Hope this all helps!

haha yea that’s no problem, remember the more you practice the more likely you will be able to do it. and do be ashamed to press the NT more than once, i literally mash mine when i REALLY want to get it, but with time you get used to it more n more.

I think I just found a combo while messing around in the lab. Take a look at it.

Dive Kick Combo 2: j.FT (real low to the ground)*, DC, US, X, *j.NSSSSS
**AP Gain: **140

Just like his other combos you can substitute the last square in the combo for a triangle for same AP gain. Or do an UT for 10 less AP. Same goes for ending it with a dive kick for more style, plus you land on the ground well before them. This can be performed midscreen, corner or anywhere really.

It seems to be a situational combo, good for empty jump in’s and other tricks. I’ve landed it in some matches a few times.

*On another note, after doing Raiden’s j.FC you can do his j.FT (dive kick) to make it a little safer. Travel more distance. Dodge opponents attacks. Or even just keep them on their toes. You could also sub out the j.FT for other moves like j.DS to further keep them guessing.

I’ll be looking into some more stuff, will post if I find anything note worthy.

Good find, it definitely works, I’ll get it added.

[SIZE=22px][SIZE=4]SuperBot Looking Into Ranked 1v1 & Timer For Stock/Kill, Focus On “Balancing” Drake, Raiden, Kratos [/SIZE][/SIZE]

During UltraChen’s “Almost Adequate Adventures” Clockw0rk mentioned something along the lines of Raiden’s forward square shouldn’t connect after forward throw. I’m also wondering if they will leave FS into Lv1 in tact or not after the balance changes. What do you guys feel is too strong about Raiden? What balance changes would you like to see done to the game in general?

We got infinites!!!
[media=youtube]sHkLmxZyzfo[/media]

Allowing him to follow up with anything after a forward throw is just absolutely idiotic. I have no idea who looked at that and thought it was a good idea. No one should be able to 100% land a super on a throw.

you can tech the throw. Not an infinite

lmao ok i guess that answers that, still hard to tech online doe…i think xD

I’m sorry for the beginner question but how does one tech in this game? I had just gotten this game and I’m still picking up the basics with Raiden against other characters.

I love playing raiden pretty much off any touch its 150 AP and counter / grab mixups punish rollers what more is there to need. I was only wondering if there where any more advanced techs with him. On the side I’ve been playing dante to help my friend out I see a lot of advanced tactics. How after are you guys using like DT?

Is it just me or is Raiden top tier? His pressure is just incredible and he has like, the best normals.

You tech throws by throwing at the same time.

I tried teching it with my friend but it never really happened what’s the timing ?

The throw nerf really hurt him now his mixups can really just be blocked.

There was a patch?

Oh yes there was he got beat with the nerf stick the patch basically said no more full combos off throws the problem with this is now air camping has no risks at all since all of his combos require the opponent to be grounded.

Forreal? Jesus.

The line between maining Dante and Raiden was thin for me, but now it seems like I’ll be heading over to the Dante thread…a lot of my game was combo-ing off of throws. And now that his mixups are fucked up I see little next to no point.

You’re acting like that throw was all Raiden had. lol
It’s not like every other character in the game can get full combos,let alone AP burst combos off of a throw like he could.

The problem is this raiden has mostly a ground based game play if he gets air camped he has zero options. He can hit them with his f+circle sure. But it won’t hit confirm into a super or monster damage. Basically you have to be playing very bad players if they want to contest him on the ground. Meanwhile you have dante who can have zero meter and still empty cancel into a super is it the easiest thing in the world no but it can be done. At least before when people air camptg like crazy it had risks that when they land they can get grabbed and they can die. Now your in a situation where you have to build a level 2 to kill someone. In a 1v1 situation ftw your screwed. Not to mention that evil cole can camp the mess out of you and then super punch right through your attack. At this point your like parry ? Wrong if he has a bar he can super you for free.