Hulk Squad

Hey I want a squad with Hulk and Ironman. I am curious what would be a good 3rd person to complement them. I am trying to make a squad adept at assist killing if that helps with the suggestions. I know BB Hood is great for that but I am looking for a more flexible character than her. And yes I know she is decent but I get bored playing keepaway characters.

Thanks in advance :rock:

ā€¦

Im/hulk/doom is greatā€¦ tho it lacks a standard AA (doom rocks being more utility than AA)ā€¦ but doom sets up double crushes well and he also sets up IM inf wellā€¦

Psy is also greatā€¦ her AA gives you another way to setup IM rejump infā€¦ and air butterflies xx gamma crush xx proton cannon is about as mean as DHCā€™s getā€¦

Ken is spectacularā€¦ a hulk who is a skilled blocker is already tough to get in on with his superarmor and high priority/long reach attacksā€¦ so giving him AA with invincible startup will give some people fitsā€¦ plus shinryuken DHCā€™s out of gamma crush very wellā€¦

Thanos strangley is also very good with hulkā€¦ gamma crush DHC POWA pause POWA pause POWAā€¦ is one more POWA than it should take to kill anythingā€¦ plus you can dash jump while calling thanosā€¦ lk , tick throw and they wind up in the thanos bubbleā€¦ then its just A1+A2 for a double crushā€¦

With Hulk/IM already on the team youā€™ve got the assist kill potentialā€¦ Iā€™d learn toward the best AAA/best person to 1v1ā€¦ probably psy. Of course I think doom is better overall so its really all about who you are good with. With doom on the team I can sometimes PIN people down with smartbombs/unibeams while calling doom rocksā€¦ and chip away insane lifeā€¦ so its another tool you get with the dr.

Doom sounds like a good choice due to the fact that Hulk does not cause much chip on his own and turtling anti air players seem to give me the most trouble. That said whenever I finally get in on them I start dropping planets :slight_smile:

Ken is my favorite way to go here. As Iā€™ve said before, Super Armor + Invincible AA=Juicy. And Hulkā€™s boss stamina makes up for Kenā€™s pixie status. Plus, odds are half the players you face will try to snap out Ken for an easy kill, but his Shoryureppa starts out invincible as well and DHCs beautifully into PC or GC. But aside from keeping people off your back, he doesnā€™t do much else for Iron Man, so Psyā€™s good here, too.
I also agree with Doom for all the aforementioned reasons, but also cause any air combo of his into Photon Array also leads to GC or PC.
Ultimately, for your third character youā€™ll need someone that can not only fight on their own or survive a snapback, but can help you ā€˜get inā€™ against Scrub, Santhrax, etc. Everyone plays differently and many have great advice, but keep in mind :

1. Hulk is a big target, so Sent lockdown is mean, and he has a hard time chasing Storm.
  2. IMā€™s best combos and even his ability to stay on top of tier characters are affected greatly by his assists.
  3. Cable/Capcom will make mincemeat out of you at armā€™s length without a good third cause Hulk canā€™t get close and IM canā€™t beat out their AA with Hulkā€™s assist (most of the time)

If you can find the right anchor for you that helps cover all these bases, you should be fine. Sorry if this comes across as long-winded, but I love when people pick up Hulk and I want him to get more (good) play. Make sure to buff up your Iron Man, though; heā€™s your best bet against Cable and Storm, and how many teams donā€™t include at least one of the two?

Post Script

If you are brave enough to seriously play Spider-Man, his AA assist sets up IM infinite, Gamma Charge into super, or pretty much any super you want. Also Maximum Spider can be tacked on after GC, PC, or both. My only problem with Spidey as a third is the same I have with Jin; you can do really cool stuff with this team, but you have to use Spider-Man (Jin).

ā€¦

Storm is pretty easy for hulk to ā€œchaseā€ā€¦ when she goes runawayā€¦ you can gamma charge under her and xx gamma crushā€¦ just be patientā€¦ hulk can absorb some chip while you wait for he right moment.

Mando canā€™t do anything to hulk from distance that hulk canā€™t punish with gamma chargeā€¦ so he has to get close really.

I know the basics of Iron and Doom and I am still learning all of the BNB DHC and combo stuff with Hulk.

As far as learning the combos are BY FAR the weakest part of my game. I defend decent and punish well, but I never think to combo or remember the actual combos when I have an opening. I always go for the sure damage with a super :frowning:

Also I keep reading about this Double Crush what is it? Also is there a video of it in action? Thanks in Advance guys you have been very helpful!

I was only thinking about Capcomā€™s assist backing Cable. It can be tough to get through if your Hulkā€™s not tops. Commando on point doesnā€™t shake me at all. Ever just walk through Captain Fire? It looks like a zombie flick. Especially with Grey Hulk.

ā€¦

Against cable hulks options basicly goā€¦

if he does ground vb or hvbā€¦ blockā€¦ punish with gamma charge xx superā€¦

if he does ground shooty (fp,fp,fp,fp)ā€¦ blockā€¦ punish with gamma chargeā€¦

if he does air grenades/jumping vbā€¦ wait for the right moment (usually a grenade) and gamma charge under him xx gamma crush.

if he comes at youā€¦ laugh and own himā€¦

So there are options that donā€™t require you to jump through mandoā€¦ yes you can walk through himā€¦ or even gamma charge through if you time the start up during mandoā€™s startupā€¦ but its tricky.

Really its like hulk vs stormā€¦ youā€™ve got plenty of ways to get/hurt himā€¦just need to be patient and likely absorb some chipā€¦ which hulk certainly has the stamina to doā€¦ the opp thinks they are gaining groundā€¦ just building meter and chipping youā€¦ but really they are giving away their patternā€¦ and the best moment to strike for most or all of their lfe in one swoop.

I havenā€™t tested this team out, but it does have some really rude propertiesā€¦

Rogue-y [throw], Hulk-b[dash], Ironman-b [anti-air].

If they get hit by Rogueā€™s assist with Hulk on point [and Ironman in the middle], activate the gamma crush when you see the grab. If you time it right, the asteroid comes down on them from above, and you can DHC in Ironman. This can sometimes kill outright. Unblockable, unmashable, doublecrushes are extremely mean. We wonā€™t even get into all the mean things Ironman can do with these assists right now.

Rogue/hulk

With rogues grab assistā€¦ you can use gamma quake earlyā€¦ so that they dont pop out of her grab til the topmost rocks get lowā€¦ then when those rocks connectā€¦ gamma crush (unmashable).

This Hulk team is rowdy! Hulk is still new for me but I am winning at least 60% of the matches with him. Although a patient Cable with Blackheart Anti Air wrecked me bad. Either way thanks for the help with Hulk I never knew he was this good. I always thought he was a really awkward character, did not know how good he could be!

Yo man, I am a big hulk player and Iron man is another part of my team.

I use guile with for my GUILE/HULK/IRONMAN team.

You say assist kills well hulks dash assist goes through pretty much everything and is good at stopping dash characters like cammy.

Not to mention you can do guiles kick into a triple hyper combo and it sets up a perfect way to kill all the people besides jug or sent.

Shizz even a double hc with just guile/hulk is beast.

Gotta use guile a/aā€¦ hulk dashā€¦ and i use iron man a/a since it sets up hulk real nice.

Not to mention if you h/c someones assist character hulk will kill them almost every time.

ā€¦

I would run that team IM/Hulk/Guile to keep his assist for last plus use it to help setup IM/Hulk. As hulkā€¦ you can land guile AAA and gamma charge fwd xx gamma crushā€¦ very easy to land. Unmashable when done rightā€¦ and can cause corner double crushes.

I run guile first because his trip is what gets me quick wins. If people let me do it I usually do the back breaker inf and instead of using the lk to launch them again I use it to do the triple or double or whatever.

I put hulk i the middle cuz I usually will swictch out iron man for guile so that I can do im trip trip lk mp protonon cannon with hulk being the next one in line.

Does crazy damage.

Hulk is either first on my team or dead last for the sheer amount of damage.

I like hulk last becasue if its my last character (hulk) vs there character. I can just do one gamma charge/ super and murder more then half there character with one move.

Not to mention the insane hits he can take and the super armor. I rank hulk up there with the best of them. Not to many know how devastating the gamma charge/ super is.

I would go as far as saying he is top tier with just that move. with a good assist hulk is almost cheap to use. I do see alot of rage quitters when hulk is involved. He almost always kills off 2 people before he dies. Unless of course its mag/storm/sent or any variation of the god tiers.

which imo are cheapā€¦ specially magā€™s crazy damage and ability to keep you in the air for 3 or 4 combos.

ā€¦

The guile sweep is gonna be good against a lot of noobs playing online matchesā€¦ but more experienced players block better than that. Even moderate skill players tend to crouch block a lot.

Hulk last is good except there are a couple matchups where it becomes rough using solo hulk. Also hulkā€™s super armor makes him a great point char when combined with a good AAA and using him last doesnā€™t take to good of advantage of that. The real reason to not use him last is to maximize the ā€œhulk timeā€ you get to bait and hopefully gamma crush one of their assistsā€¦ and then DHC for a strait killā€¦ itā€™s to mean and hulk can bait em a lot better if he has assists left to bait with.

I know I am still the noob with Hulk but with the Hulk IM Doom team the most success I have have is with him on point. I Usually get lev 3 meter and wait until they throw out their second character as an assist. I mess that character up with Gamma CrushxxProton Cannon. Then when they try to tag in their 3rd character I just gamma crush em.

If they then decide to start playing safe, thats when I corner them with jumping lkā€™s and doom rocks.

Again a PATIENT Cable/Sent that knows all of Hulkā€™s tricks are really what give me problems anymore with him. And thats with me not knowing what that Double Crush thing is :slight_smile:

ā€¦

A double crush is a gamma crush that basicly does double damage. You could call it a glitch but its not really. Try thisā€¦

call doom rocks (before they connect) launch xx gamma crushā€¦ hulk will knock them down into the rocks on his way upā€¦ and the rocks will hold them there while hulk double crushes. There are a lot of other ways to get it as well. Tall characters like sent or BH will sometimes get double crushed when you hit them as a standing assist.

There are a million corner double crush situations with various assistsā€¦ just try itā€¦

i have him as point and dead last for different reasons.

He serves me best when I lose my first character and then I bring hulk out with iron mans AA.

I usually win every time with hulk and iron man behind because if they get caught in the aa you can jump lk them like 3 times then gamma crush/proton cannon

Of course I dont go for only that move tho. I usually am rush lkā€™ing people or im waiting for them to do soemthing so I can gamma charge them.

I dont know if you guys know but hulk is the cable killaaaa. If they bring out there big gun at any time you can gamma charge them/meteror crush.

Also I dont just go for guiles trip, theres alot of set ups that I use for that kick. lp/lk/trip is a good one. Or guileā€™s back breaker infinite 2 or 3 times/lk/triple

ā€¦

Guiles back breaker (semi) infā€¦ is if Iā€™m not mistaken both techable and rollable. For reference of how often a decent player will let you do itā€¦ out of the roughly 2k times Iā€™ve fought guile online so farā€¦ Iā€™ve not let it happen once.

Hulk can do j.lk, j.mkā€¦ no third kick to add cept fierce which wont combo with anything unless you are in the corner or OTGingā€¦ you CAN land an unmashable crush using IM AAAā€¦ but just nix the kicksā€¦ just let them get thrown over your head by the assist and gamma crush. Not only will this stop them from mashing out, but it does MORE dmgā€¦ fucking dmg scalingā€¦ You CAN connect a gamma crush out of j.lk, j.mk, land, crushā€¦ but they will be able to mash out.

Hulk vs cableā€¦ i certainly posted a few aboveā€¦ what hulk can do against himā€¦ and 1vs1ā€¦ hulk can easily come out on topā€¦ cable + capcom vs hulk is much harder though. Also its REALLY rare that you will get to gamma charge xx gamma crush a good cable after ground hvbā€¦ becauseā€¦ they wont do ground hvbā€¦ the air version comes out faster, recovers faster, and combos into itself. He can even tiger knee it to make it come out at ground lvlā€¦ and that you cannot gamma charge to punishā€¦ Ground yesā€¦ airā€¦ no.

Actually almost ANY special move that cable throws out if on the groundā€¦ can be punished with gamma charge. Even his fp,fp,fp,fp shooty can be punished after the last hit. The exception here is lk grenade while on the groundā€¦ which will catch you up if you try to charge through it. Actually hulks gamma charge is SO FAST that you can even do it to cable AFTER HE HITS YOU with ground hvb and the move endsā€¦ now thats fast.

Against a GOOD cableā€¦ hulks best bet is to wait for a sj.grenade throw and gamma charge under his feet xx gamma crushā€¦ time it to cross up as wellā€¦ and its even more insured.

Also I dunno bout winning everytime with IM AAAā€¦ I only call him when its a sure thing or mid comboā€¦ b/c cable, sent, storm will own his face off. Seriouslyā€¦ call IM out against a good cable with 3 meters and watch what happensā€¦lol You wont get to use IM for even a second that match. Same with sent. You might get away with calling him once on stormā€¦ do it againā€¦ heā€™s gone.

I speak of playing good playersā€¦ 95% of people you face online are terribleā€¦ 4% more are okā€¦ and the remaining 1% are good playersā€¦ so you donā€™t have to stick to these guns all the timeā€¦ but itā€™s better to learn it that wayā€¦ than to try remembering in the middle of a fight.