Hulk Smash and Bash! (UMvC3 combo thread)

You can kara cancel into any special/hyper from almost every normal in MvC3. All that “kara cancel” means is “cancel before the active frames”. Just do the input for the first normal (in this case, 6M) then very quickly do the Gamma Charge. If the Impact Punch hits, you’re doing it too slowly.

Right now I am doing a lot of tinkering to see which teams I enjoy playing, but I am messing with Hulk/Coon or Sent/Hawkeye. (And holy shit am I tired of fighting Vergil/Dante/Wesker…)

Hawkeye’s Poison Shot Assist (AKA Just the tip) can OTG and offers hulk options off of the Command Grab and Air Throws.

In the corner, I run a fun little combo that is all about looking cool rather than being…well…efficient.

:a1: Drones
:a2: Violent Fizz

cr. :l:, st. :m:, Impact Punch XX :l: AA Gamma Charge -> :h:, st. :m:, Impact Punch XX :s:, j.:m:, j. :m:, j. :h:, j.:s:, :l: Gamma Wave, :a2:, cr. :h:, :s:, j. :h:, j. :s:, :a1:, :l: Gamma Wave XX Gamma Tsunami, Drones Hit, s. :h:, :l: Gamma Wave, Gamma Crush

The timing on this is a little tricky. For the Violent Fizz to OTG in the corner, you need to call it right as you release the :l: Gamma Wave. Don’t rush the assist call. For the drones portion of the combo, you need to time the Wave XX Tsunami so that the Drones hit at the apex of the Tsunami. Then, just be patient, charge the wave as you hit the standing :h:, then complete the combo.

Yes, it blows 2 bars, but the damage is insane (> 1.1 mil) , it just looks so damn cool, and it’s a real crowd pleaser.

Ah, I knew the mechanic, just got confused on the language. Whoops.

I went into training mode to test if Deadpool’s Katanarama assist can still be used to reset the ground bounce. Came out with this: s.H, S, sj, j.M, j. M, j. S, (land) call Deadpool, AA Gamma Charge, M followup, (land) j. S, c. H, S, call drones, sj, j. H, j. S, (land) (drones hit) j. H, j. S, Gamma Wave XX Gamma Crush. 1,019,100 damage, doesn’t work in the corner. I’d make a video but I lack the equipment for it :(.

It’s pretty hard to time the AA Gamma Charge so it hits at the same with katanarama but after about half an hour of practice, I got it down to about 60%. I’m not much of a lab rat so this can probably be improved upon in some aspects. The ground bounce reset could be really good for Hulk, I can’t wait to see what better players can do with it.

I messed around with what u posted Jufo. In order for the ground bounce reset u need to have Hulk hit the opponent kinda of right before katanarama. It works well with AA gamma charge and s.M.

Good find.

I was messing around today and was able to get s.S to hit after a L Gamma Wave in the corner on Sentinel and Iron Man. I think the timing is kind of strict, but I managed to get Hulk to relaunch for himself in the corner. I was doing something to the effect of j.H j.S -> ground series -> air series -> L Gamma Wave -> L Gamma Charge AA H followup -> L Gamma Wave -> s.S -> j.H j.S -> L Gamma Wave -> Gamma Crush. Might be worth exploring.

^ this will work on anyone that the infinite works on - basically if you’re at the range where you can hit them twice with the OTG gamma wave, you will be in range to launch. The main reason why I don’t see this as very useful is because you can just go into the infinite instead which has no hit stun deterioration and builds more meter.

I figured out a few different TOD combos for my Hulk team, but finally came up with one that kills Thor. This does involve a DHC into Hsien-Ko, but it’d still do enough to kill Spencer or Cap or Frank West without it. Starts with 1 bar, spends 2.

[media=youtube]UEOPcmSCJkc[/media]

I’ve been messing around with this too, it’s pretty cool. I don’t find myself having to cut air series short; calling him during s.S results in me being able to do a full air series and the missiles OTGing right on time afterwards. This leads to stupid easy huge damage combos in the corner, but it seems more difficult midscreen since you have the problem of closing the distance after the air series, and also the way that the missiles float them up leaves them in an awkward position that makes the relaunch a bit tricky.

The distance problem is magnified when you do a full air series since including j.H leaves Hulk so much farther away, but I’ve found that L Gamma Charge w/ immediate L followup will still get you over there in time for a relaunch. The thing is that my air series afterwards whiffs half the time due to the missiles floating them up before the launcher. I’ve tried doing M and f+M before the launcher but it’s still inconsistent; maybe I’ll try a different followup like the AA Gamma Charge wallbounce.

If you want to relaunch after missiles mid screen, make sure you call the missiles as LATE as possible after your launcher (i.e., launcher, wait, call missiles then IMMEDIATELY super jump, M, M, H, S) then dash when you land, and jump forward about halfway through the dash. If you haven’t used your ground bounce, you can use it here with j.S, or you can just wait until you land from the jump and go straight into your launcher.

Been playing a lot with Cap/Hulk/Trying out many thirds.
Fun little combo you can do midscreen:
:l::m::f::m::dp: :atk: (Which one you use can vary depending on opponent, H works on Sentinel):m: (wall bounce, land, begin walking forward, call Captain America Shield Slash assist) :m::f: :m:(fully charged, Cap boomerangs them back into this, causes second wall bounce) then depending on where you are in terms of your opponent you can follow with:
Far: Gamma Charge H, Gamma Crush
Mid: j.:m: :h::s: cr.:h: Gamma Charge, Gamma Crush
Close: :h::s: sj. :m::m::h::s: then depending on where you land, Wave -> Crush or just Tsunami
Resetting your wall bounce with Hulk and quickly getting the ground bounce afterwards. The damage gets really high really fast.
There have been some other assists that this works with too, like Unibeam has worked for me, but I haven’t tested too many characters.
The issue is you need to keep the # of hits low to keep your hitstun and allow real damage, otherwise basic combos lead to more damage.
Anyone else been developing charged impact punch technology?

Sentinel drones corner to corner combo.

s:m: :f: :m: :dp: :l: followup :m: land dash jump cancel j.:h: j:s: s:m: :f: :m: :s: call drones sj:m::h: :s: land :qcf: :h: Gamma Crush

I think it does around 900k, but I’d have to check. You can follow it up with Plasma Storm for more damage if you need the kill.

So I’ve been dabbling with Hulk a little bit. He’s still pretty fun combo-wise even though they took away the hard knockdown on the :l: followup to vertical gamma charge.

I have a couple of solo combos that almost reach 1.1 million. I’m sure he can still kill Thor for 1 bar with the right assists.

I’ll post some stuff soon.

So I was wondering if hulks old jump cancel tsunami combos like his old bnb are now any good because of the changes for example: (midscreen) cr.L, cr.M, S xx sj. air M, M, H, S, land, dash jump cancel gamma tsunami.

Is it still worth using? and if not can anyone tell me some better combos? thanks in advance

Thing with Hulk is hat hes a terrible anchor. So personaly i thikn all hulk combos should be using 1 or 2 assists. what assists do you use?

I dabble a bit with hulk as he is so much fun but My team is Wesker/Doom/Dorm. Wesker because i’ve used him since vanilla, but he may be changed to vergil,dante or nemesis. Doom because plasma beam is the best beam in the game and amazing for extending with wesker. And dormammu because he is my favourite character in the game and I am well seasoned playing him, also his dark hole m assist is quite good for extends. Also i find all of Dormammus combos to be very easy on stick( not on pad) and since in my opinion he can do some of the most damaging combos in the game along with in my opinion the best beam hyper he is easily S tier.

I have a good one. It’s practical against big characters, against smaller characters I omit a few things. I was trying to find his most damaging combo so I can use it when my hulk is alone, devoid of assists, and without x-factor. This is what I came up with.

Aerial :h: & :s:, during bounce, jump and perform Aerial :l:, :m:, :m:, before opponent lands, Standing :l:, :m:, Forward :m:, :dp: :m: (Anti-Air Gamma Charge) into :m: follow up, Standing :m:, Forward :m:, :s: into Aerial :m:, :m:, :h:, :s: --> :b:, :f: :l: (Gamma Wave) :dp: :l: (Anti-Air Gamma Charge) into :h: follow up, :b:,:f: :l: (Gamma Wave) into :qcb: :2p:

= No X-Factor, No assist, 1 meter = 1,056,600 dmg (Wall carries)
982,600 dmg (with end loop omitted)

I see 2 ground bounces in that combo. Have you patched your game? Most combos involving the infinite (or a couple of reps) no longer work since the patch.

I have up the most up to date version. Trust me it works. I can’t do the infinite anymore as well. But you are able to do 1 rep of the Anti-Air Gamma Charge with the H follow up after the first Gamma Wave. You can’t even play the game online without updating it. But I see where you’re misreading. There’s one ground bounce, one wall bounce, and 2 OTGs. I’d record it but my phone is garbage.

Sorry, I don’t mean to doubt you, maybe I was reading it wrong. It just looked like you were relying on the hard knockdown from the :h: followup to vertical gamma charge after the initial groundbounce from j.:s:.