Huge executional error with seth uppercut!

i dont know if this has been discussed before but because seth’s uppercut require you to do 3 times so whenever we do that with full 4 bars it auto executes the super!!!

ALL seths i asked have problems with this,now what i do is i just burn my meter whenever it’s full to avoid this shit.

how the hell is this not fixed for seth? shouldnt they like change the input of the super to legs instead of fists? so it dosen’t clash with the uppercuts… gosh this error caused me lots of trouble!

it’s an issue with shortcuts, you just have to be precise with your shoryus and it won’t happen.

From neutral, 6236~6236 will DP without four bars. But if you do 6236~6236 without the delay you will get a Super with four bars because that’s the super motion. You should get in the habit of actually timing your DPs with Seth because landing EX Tanden after an EX DP is much easier if you actually do the proper timing.

If you do 623~623 without a delay you will not get Super no matter what. You can also do 623~6236. But it is kind of hard to do 623~623 without a delay if your execution isn’t that great or you’ve been playing SFIV for a while.

The same issue applies to crouching but it happens a lot easier since you’re already crouching. If you do 623~6236 you will usually get Super because you started out holding 1 or 2. If you aren’t confident in your execution, there are four things you can do to get by this (in order of “execution difficulty”:

A) Use EX DP.
B) do 3626~6236
C) FADC / OS the first DP.
D) do 6236~623
(or stop mashing)

For those who are confused by the numbers, look at a normal keyboard’s number pad and think of an arcade stick. example: 6=forward, 1=downback.

Wait, so you try to do a DP, and you get the super?

I don’t understand how this happens. How does one DP motion turn into two QCFs?

‘seths uppercuts require you to do 3 times so whenever we do that with 4 bars we get super’

What is this I don’t even? All you need to do is let the stick go back to neutral for a second after the initial srk. I don’t know who all the ‘seths you been talking to’ are but apparently they aren’t very knowledgeable, as this can easily be avoided by spending a few minutes in training mode. That’s SF4 for you though, lazy ass input motions.

Now that I think about it, trying to do a DP from a crouching stance could cause this. But I really think you’re just doing the DP motions way too fast, OP.

And use the Q&A thread next time. Less clutter in the forum.

yes maybe its because im doing too fast,especially when i’m rushing people with <50 hp i tend to get nervous. i play in the arcade only so with spectators and stuff its kind of intense.

but think of it,if they changed the inputs to kicks wouldnt it be all easier for players(we dont mash spinkicks so yea). besides, seth’s super is really useless lol,the only time i use it is chipping those very low hps.

Seth’s Super is actually pretty good, though I’m really aggravated with how they nerfed the damage. Normally, you’ll want to keep your meter because of the options it gives to Seth. However, four bars does have uses. Which is good, because Seth’s super is next to worthless for combos now.

1.) You can spam Sonic Booms a shit ton more. If they jump over or fireball back, you can immediately activate your Super and you’ll catch them no matter what. If your reactions are good you can catch them if they focus attack through too. Vanilla-style fireball trap, basically. The damage is okay…it really depends on where they are when you activate the Super. If you’re doing it at the right times, it’s usually anywhere from 270-300 and you get a mix-up attempt.

2.) So, in addition to above, you shut down jumping and zoning attempts almost completely.

3.) Full screen chip outs.

4.) Ultra 2 style chip outs. Not quite as damaging as Ultra 2 was, nor as invincible, but workable with the right set ups.

5.) Can win some games off of Hyakuretsukyaku in the corner where your normal BnB wouldn’t kill them and you don’t have Ultra 2 stocked.

never end your dp’s with a forward otherwise you might get a super instead, or even ultra
because dp’s only require that you move the stick 623, and not 6236

so really you should be doing this
623+p = dp 1st hit
623+p = dp 2nd hit
623+p = dp 3rd hit

and not
6236+p = dp 1st hit
6236+p = xx super

Yeah, you can get 3 uppercuts easily if you do the :df: :df: shortcut. It’s an issue, but not really because DP FADC is so good anyway.

Sounds like you’re not going back to neutral before you’re executing the DP.

Just… no. No. That’s simply unnecessary, and doesn’t make sense. Slow down the inputs and try not to end with a forward motion. That should solve your problems.

Seth’s super is free damage in a lot of matchups. It isn’t useless, it’s one of the best supers in the game in my opinion.

neutral doesnt exist in sf4 inputs, you can literally spam diagonals and still get dp’s

I usually just look at how people played/complained about Seth’s execution in the past, including myself. The issue on almost all execution errors with Seth happens to lie on the player themself for either not delaying the second dragonpunch, or not going to neutral when executing.

I can only see what he’s describing happening in two secnarios:

He’s either not executing the 2nd & 3rd dragonpunch inputs late enough to avoid Super-Cancel.
or
He’s starting his dragonpunch from a down/down-back position of his stick which is putting the extra input toward a Super in there.

those two scenarios dont matter at all really
the ONLY way dp xx super is ever going to come out is that
he inputs the foward at the end as well

:dp:+P, :dp:+P = no super, no matter how fast you input these

this however
:dp:+P, :dp::f:+P will result in a super cancel because the simplest form of super is :d::df::d::df::f:+P

feel free to test it out in training mode

If that’s the truth then I see shortcut-fighter4 is still here. :\ I personally believe in doing the full motions and having self-control, not relying on short-cuts, but that’s just me.

The game is built that way so who am I to say what is the right way or wrong way of doing things, it’s all personal preference. I believe both of our explanations are ways to correct his issue none the less.

honestly, the main problem is that if you play SFIV for a while, your start using the shortcuts on accident quite often. not 33 but you’ll often get 623~6236 without intending to. and you have to time SRKs done from down back very precisely or you’ll get that issue too. well, my experience anyway. if i go from a long SFIV session to another game without such massive shortcuts i have to spend a couple of minutes getting motions working consistently again.

"not 33 but you’ll often get 623~6236 "

Are you typing these numbers or is this a error on the forums? Because if you are typing them, I have no idea what they mean.

:dp: ~ :dp::f:

Makes sense, just didn’t know people were using that as a key for directional inputs nowadays lol. My bad, I’m definitely not in with the new lingo yet.