How do you think Capcom should use future SF5 resources?

No need to presume. Pretty sure Street Fighter doesn’t have unlimited resources.

Or they could do both?

They probably will do both. I think they should do both too in answer to the thread.

They will probably do both while also adding in new game mechanics, add in new supers probably, debug and improve net play, spending on marketing etc. etc.

They’ll likely do both. But my personal preference? Improving the existing roster significantly. Can you imagine how much it would do for Ryu to get his feint fireball? Or for Chun if she got her air SBK from Hyper Fighting, aka, damaging, far-traveling, fast airdash of death? Or for Cammy to get something actually interesting? It would make me much more hype than seeing old faces, tbh.

If are quality ones and not the trash they given us in SF4 last years i will buy all of these

That and stages
Even just stages “alt version”

I’m down for alt versions similar to what MKX did…

Waterfall stage at night during a rainstorm? New York in the snow… yea I’m down.

I’d absolutely be willing to pay for alternative V-Triggers at some point. So far I find some of them exciting but others are just kinda meh.

Ryu’s and Chun’s old V-Triggers were quite interesting, ESPECIALLY Ryu’s. I doubt they’d do this, though. Ryu’s V-Trigger was far too complicated and in-depth for the precious new players to grasp, and it completely changed how he plays. Chun’s current one compliments her much better now that she’s totally different. I miss their alpha builds :frowning:

You will not have to pay for gameplay stuff

Btw i’m probably hoping more for 2nd CA rather than 2nd V-Trigger

Mostly because i think in many case they had already problems find the first VT, i think on 2nds it can get boring

Also, i need muh Shin Shoryuken

Selectable V-triggers makes more sense though since that’s the main meter powered tool unique to V.

Buy the rights for the Street Fighter EX characters.

I don’t think either option is good by itself.

Well obviously. I was hoping to determine people’s priorities though. I would be happier with less characters a year (3-4) if it meant more resources to improve the base game. More costumes, more stages, and constant improvements for the vanilla characters.

Oh then I would agree with you on that. I’m hoping that is the route Capcom takes with SFV.

Occulus Rift

Oh no fuck that. The only good thing that ever came out of that thing is that brilliant South Park episode about it.

Yeah right, I am eager to play VR flight sims and mech games. Doesn’t look like it’s worth getting now though, unless you really love creepy jumpscare puzzle games.

As general idea i like it, as long they can be creative

My problem is that on some characters V-trigger seem already uninspired and there because they have to give him/her one
I feel for many the second will end up into give one because it must be given

Also as “state” is probably harder to balance and need more testing compared to a normal alt supermove

Give a second CA seem waaay easier while keeping some solid choices, specially considering that for CA2 you can go just complementary with CA1

What complement, though? CAs are designed to be more or less universal across characters in this game. VT is designed as more of a variable factor here.

Some characters are balanced entirely around their VT like Necalli and Bison. An alt VT would require a complete rebalance of the character and that like you said may prove too difficult to bother with.

In terms of universal mechanics, I think every character deserves 1 more CA if they are both simultaneously available, or 2 more CAs if they are going to allow only 1 selectable. Also 1 more V-reversal per character. No overlaps, every addition is meant to fill a void in the design until all characters are as complete as possible.

But for VTs, I would rather they simply replace the less than optimal VTs and/or Vskills down the line with better ones. It’s more realistic than expecting two VTs. Don’t get me wrong I would love more of everything, but 2 VTs can be a huge can of worms from a development perspective.

Complementary as you can see what CA1 does and give something totally different as CA2

Kinda like they did for SF4 ultras

See Ryu HadoU1 travel far but lil dmg to ShinSrkU2 super close but hardhittingasfuck, or Gief getting his ground ultra throw as 1 and anti-air ultra throw as 2

It’s easier design something different and complementary

Chun can get her Kikosho as CA2 or some aerial shit
Ken an huge antiair Shinryuken
Laura can get a Counter CA a la Cammy’s U2, but designed to not suck

Etc etc

It’d be hard to make extra CAs not redundant. Kikosho is unnecessary because her current CA hits juggled opponents anyways, which is the only thing Kikosho was good for in USF4. Ryu’s CA covers every possible use as far as I can tell.